Discuss Android apps here.
Jun 14th, 2011, 1:07 am
Bought a HTC Inspire 4G advertised as having 4Gb internal memory (ROM)

The phone tells me that I have a total of 1.15Gb internal memory.

I'm guessing that the Android OS and at&t software must be taking the other 2.85Gb.

Does this sound right?? There are no media files or anything that might take up this space!

What size is Android 2.2 usually?

Think I got jipped =/ Anyone else have the same issue?

(Oh and it doesn't connect to Telstra 3G network either (NextG))
Jun 14th, 2011, 1:07 am
Jun 14th, 2011, 2:33 pm
I have the same phone and no, it's not you. That's how it is. I don't know how much space the NAND has but I DO know that even though 1.15 Gb may sound like crap, that space is reserved for apps themselves and memory, NOT GAMES or MUSIC or VIDEOS. I have installed about 100 apps and I still have about 700mb of system memory left, this is because most of that goes into your microSD card. You can use the 8gb microsd that comes with the phone or buy a bigger one. If you do, and this is important, DO NOT get a microSD card that is less than Class 4. If you do, you will encounter bugs and problems on your phone. So don't be alarmed, just have a big microSD card and that'll do the job :)

PS: Also you want to have as much system memory as possible, so you should go into Manage Applications and use "Move to SD Card" for the bigger apps (>10 mb)
Jun 14th, 2011, 2:33 pm