Discuss Android apps here.
Jan 6th, 2018, 2:56 pm
Is it possible to replace the huawei launcher on a tablet?
Supposedly huawei prefers when users have their proprietary launcher and using alternative launchers is blocked somehow - but I'm not sure if this is true.
A cousin wants to sell a huawei tablet and I could buy it with a reasonable price (family, right?) only I don't like their launcher. No app drawer so when one installs some apps, it could look messy. But if I can't replace the original launcher, no point in using a tablet I can't like.
Any ideas?
Jan 6th, 2018, 2:56 pm
Feb 9th, 2018, 5:28 pm
Hi,
In my Huawei Honor 9, I use Nova Launcher Prime.
All works very well.
Feb 9th, 2018, 5:28 pm
Feb 13th, 2018, 5:04 am
Good to know. Thanks!
Feb 13th, 2018, 5:04 am
Feb 20th, 2018, 5:11 pm
I've just bought a Huawei Mediapad T3 and as stock it comes with their EMUI 5.1 launcher.
from stock it is set to use the 'no app drawer' but there is an option in the settings to turn the app drawer on. (under the Home screen style)
I tried it for a while and its quite nice, however I have been using Nova Prime on my phone for years so have installed it without issue.
HTH
Feb 20th, 2018, 5:11 pm
Feb 24th, 2018, 1:17 am
Ugh, my bad. No such option in emui 3.1 only in emui 5.x - had to check it. No new-ish android for mediapad m2 10.1 either. I bought it and it miiight be a bad idea. I'm not talking 7.x - the company didn't offer 6.x for 10.1, only for m2 8.
Feb 24th, 2018, 1:17 am
May 13th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Huawei p9 lite 2017. Use Nova launcher and never looked back. The media player though is really good so i would keep that or use black player
May 13th, 2018, 8:33 pm
Jun 5th, 2018, 12:11 am
Actually I use my old samsung note 4 for music. I know huawei have all the nice audio options but I got so used to samsung player that I use mostly it and an alternative for audiobooks as the samsung player can't remember when I stop an audiobook. Now that I have my tablet I keep using my mobile for music files. I have my phone mostly in my pocket and my tablet is in my backpack so when I want to listen to music I use the device I have with me. But. There's always a but. My aunt kinda borrowed my tablet and loved an app which provided her with some TV series and movies with Polish voiceover. It isn't netflix, I don't have it, it's an alternative for legit Polish movies and slightly older TV series that her mobile provider offers. Some day I must try netflix, too but for now it's this app and somehow my aunt has a free promotional data for streaming as long as she uses only this app from her provider. I don't understand how it works, it's not the same provider I use, but my aunt is happy and uses my tablet for streaming movies and series. In her case there's no point in changing launcher, she turns on the tablet and uses this particular app and chrome for checking her emails. And it works!
So I suppose it's no longer MY tablet.
Jun 5th, 2018, 12:11 am