Discuss Android games here.
Nov 15th, 2016, 8:23 pm
I've got an LG Lucky 4.4.2 Android, it's cheap and has problems with space, etc. I also don't have a phone plan at the moment. :o

Does anyone know a small game, easy on the CPU and memory, that can be played without an internet connection?

I want a time waster like a match 3 type of game, that can be played for 5 minutes, but will still be fun on level 375 or whatever. Maybe a bit challenging, but not throw my phone against the wall impossible. I might play it when going to sleep, going to the bathroom, or just waiting somewhere.

I'm playing one called Jewel Star. I'm only at level 30, and it seems to be the same thing, just different shaped boards. It's also timed, and getting 3 stars is more to do with doing fast combos one after the other (you get a combo bonus within .5 seconds or so.) Very luck based, and the score is just based on how quickly you clear, not on how many cool combos you pull off, etc.

Different modes are good, as are achievements or something fun to chase after.
Nov 15th, 2016, 8:23 pm
Nov 20th, 2016, 11:13 pm
Answering my own post, I found "Gems or Jewels?" on the Play store, which actually seems fairly decent. No "your phone has a virus, etc" flashing ads, no "play for 5 minutes and wait a day for more energy" and so on. There are multiple things to do such as breaking rocks, getting rid of ants who turn a space into a boarded space (you have to remove the boards) spiders who web a jewel in place, ladybugs that need to make it to the bottom, and even colored baskets that need to have a certain amount of that color in them.

The game looks really nice, sounds good, and is light on the install.
Nov 20th, 2016, 11:13 pm