Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Aug 11th, 2018, 9:02 am
OMG!

johngriffen wrote:It's too bad the Rangers weren't on the list for the Home Run Derby...

Guzman hits 3 HRs in front of family in Bronx
Ranger is first rookie with 3-homer game

NEW YORK -- Rangers first baseman Ronald Guzman wasn't expecting to hit three home runs in a game, but he badly wanted to hit at least one on Friday night.

He wanted to hit one for his father, Manuel Guzman, who was one of 30 or so people who flew from the Dominican Republic to watch the 23-year-old rookie play. Many of the others had seen Guzman play in Arlington, but this was the first time for Manuel, who doesn't like to fly. He may reconsider that after the special night his son put on for him at Yankee Stadium.
Guzman put on a show for his father, mother Margarita, brothers Edward and Randy, and the rest as he hit three home runs to carry the Rangers to a 12-7 victory over the Yankees in the Bronx.

"I don't know … I don't know how to put the words together," Guzman said. "I mean coming in today, I wanted to hit at least one for them. I was more nervous than my first day in the big leagues. I got the first one out of the way, it was an amazing feeling … pointing at them, seeing them so happy and jumping around. There is no better feeling than that."

His father had the same feeling.

"For a father, for the first time to visit, it's very emotional for him to hit three home runs," Manuel Guzman said. "It's a great gift for seeing my son play coming straight from the Dominican Republic."
Aug 11th, 2018, 9:02 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 11th, 2018, 2:58 pm
JUST A FEW MINUTES LEFT TO JOIN THIS ONE...

PREMIER LEAGUE DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #188 HERE

Any last minute takers?
Aug 11th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Image@anna1561_mobi Image #contests
Aug 11th, 2018, 3:01 pm
PREMIER LEAGUE DAILY DOUBLE
Bournemouth
Chelsea

Hope I made it in. I think it's right on the dot
Aug 11th, 2018, 3:01 pm

Aug 11th, 2018, 3:26 pm
goldie0608 wrote:Hope I made it in. I think it's right on the dot

You're good :)
Aug 11th, 2018, 3:26 pm

Aug 11th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Twenty percent of the players, '0.3 percent' of the vote: The Pacific's push for World Rugby voice

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-11/p ... tion=sport

Pacific Island rugby groups are calling for greater representation on the World Rugby Council, saying that the Pacific barely has a voice on the governing body despite Pacific Islanders making up one in five players.

As it stands, the Islands' influence at the top table is limited to a share of Oceania Rugby's two of 48 votes with the umbrella organisation also representing the interests of New Zealand and Australia.

The group Pacific Rugby Players Welfare (PRPW) has launched a social media drive called #SeatsAtTheTable to support the push for greater representation.

At the 2015 Rugby World Cup 21.4 per cent of all players were of Pacific Island descent, with 15 per cent of those players representing Fiji, Samoa, and Tonga.

The push comes after South African comedian Trevor Noah caused a global stir for highlighting the diverse racial make up of France's victorious FIFA World Cup Team, saying it was really a win for Africa.
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:12 pm

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:40 pm

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #189

ImageImage

CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE

This Sunday, we don't have NASCAR or FORMULA 1
We do have golf, but we already have a contest for that
We have done enough baseball over the last few days
So that leaves us with two European Events... The Premier League and the European Championships
While it was SOOOOOO easy to find odds for the Premier League, it doesn't see like many people are betting on the European Championships... but I did find some odds for the Women's 1500m Finals
So it's time for a CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
This will be a Daily Double, and you know the drill. You will have to make the correct prediction on BOTH games to win.

INFORMATION
GAME ONE

We start off with Premier League Match
Arsenal 25%/Draw25% = 50% vs. Manchester City 51%
Since Manchester City is a big favorite, we will do our normal combine the dog with the draw
Now, the Arsenal/Draw combination is just about dead even with Manchester... You can flip a coin for this one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GAME TWO
The Women's 1500m looks like a lock for Laura Muir from Great Britain
The odds say she is a 88% favorite to win this event, and her times support these odds
Nobody else in the field has ever cracked the 4 minute mark, while she has a personal best of 3 minutes and 55 seconds
So to win this half of the Daily Double, you simply have to answer the question... Will She win?
Say YES, and you win if she wins... Say NO, and you win if she doesn't win
So it's Laura Muir against everybody else :D

The FAVORITES are in Bold and Blue

What is it?
This is a Daily Double so you will need to predict the winners of both events to win your share of the pool

How do you play?
To enter this contest, you will need to post the following:
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Pick either Arsenal/Draw or Manchester City
Pick either YES, Laura Muir will win, or NO she will not win

EXAMPLE POST
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Manchester City
Yes

Rules:
You have to pick BOTH events correctly to win
Only 1 post per person for this specific contest, any more and all of your posts will be disallowed.

ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE PRIOR TO THE FOLLOWING TIMES:
SUNDAY 10 AM Chicago (UTC -5)
SUNDAY 3 PM GMT (UTC +0)
Any picks made after this deadline will simply be ignored.
Any edits after this deadline, and your post will be disallowed.

Reward:
If you guess correctly, you will share the 500 WRZ$ pool

So it's that easy, just pick two right and you win the DAILY DOUBLE

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE
If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

Sports Center is ON!
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Aug 11th, 2018, 4:43 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Manchester City
Yes
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:43 pm
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:56 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Arsenal/Draw
Yes
Aug 11th, 2018, 4:56 pm
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:05 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Manchester City
Yes
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Message me for re-uploads and other concerns. A click for thanks can go a long way! -Philly
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:12 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Manchester City
No
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Aug 11th, 2018, 5:22 pm

SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #188

PREMIER LEAGUE DAILY DOUBLE

The 2018-19 Premier League kicked off yesterday and we featured some exciting games today.
All we had to do was predict the winner in BOTH matches to win. The favorites are in bold and red.

GAME ONE
Bournemouth vs. Cardiff City / DRAW

Cardiff City had won only two of their past 15 league games against Bournemouth so they were facing a much favored side but this is the first time the two clubs were meeting in the top flight.

Ryan Fraser pounced on some poor Cardiff defending in the first half to help Bournemouth score their first goal today. They even had a chance to go up 2-0 following a penalty kick but a brilliant save by Neil Ethridge, the Cardiff City keeper, kept the Cherries at bay. Just as the board was put up for five additional minutes, Callum Wilson steered the ball past Etheridge to make up for his earlier penalty miss.

Bournemouth register their first win on an opening day of a Premier League season.

GAME TWO
Huddersfield / DRAW vs. Chelsea

This was Huddersfield's second PL season after finishing 16th last term. The hosts were outplayed today. Chelsea was keeping the ball well throughout, with Alvaro Morata finding space and Pedro carrying the ball in dangerous areas. With the likes of Eden Hazard part of the Chelsea bench, there was not much Huddersfield could do.

14 people correctly picked BOTH BOURNEMOUTH and CHELSEA
pjmpjm
smartboxsmart
WordDiva
philwallflower
TigerToLily
yousofine
swent101
accountant1usa
ms772
9trogue
sr55
powerpoint
lucidusgirl
goldie0608

= 36 WRZ$ each.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS :clap: :clap:

Please note:
JG is busy watching golf…
…so payouts will be done later ;)

You’ve got PLENTY of time to join tomorrow’s CROSSOVER event
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE - SPORTS CENTER CONTEST #189 HERE

Also, if you’ve already entered, thank you! But for those who haven’t, please do so before it's closed.
MARKETING POLL/CONTEST #4 HERE

For an index of open events and a directory of recent contest results, go HERE

If you are new to SPORTS CENTER or if you have questions, check out the Sports Center FAQ, go HERE

Bringing you 24 hour 365 days a year sports coverage

SPORTS CENTER
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Aug 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Arsenal/Draw
Yes
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:25 pm
Aug 11th, 2018, 5:28 pm
CROSSOVER DAILY DOUBLE
Arsenal/Draw