The graphic novels loved by children and adults alike
Nov 25th, 2017, 5:36 pm
EDIT: IT'S SO WEIRD THAT NOBODY IS ANSWERING ME THIS QUESTION? :shock:

what do I use for comics anyway?
Nov 25th, 2017, 5:36 pm
Nov 26th, 2017, 2:15 am
I would suggest that you try and find a .cbr or .cbz copy of the comic instead. CDisplayEx 1.10.29 is still, in my view, one of best. It's a tiny program but has a lot of features.
Nov 26th, 2017, 2:15 am
Nov 26th, 2017, 3:19 pm
hmm alright, thanks so much for answering :D
Nov 26th, 2017, 3:19 pm
Feb 11th, 2018, 10:57 pm

Do you comics lovers know that you can win some beautiful comics icons on this forum?
We have a pretty well organized games section with many cool Icon games.
You can play games and win icons, that you can trade for WRZ$, which will allow you to request even more books in the ebook section.

These are a few of the icons you can win:

Icons and comics icon Image
Batman icon Image
Superman icon Image
Thor hammer icon Image
Wonder woman icon Image
Walking Dead icon Image

There's hundreds more icons to win! (See: Icon overview)

Now, where do you start? Simply send me PM Image, and I will send you a coin, that you can play with in the Claw machine game.
With a little luck, you shall win your first icon, and who knows you can start your own collection.

Do it today, and meet a friendly and prospering community: the icon game lovers!
Feb 11th, 2018, 10:57 pm
Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:23 am
The small amount of Marvel comics I buy go bye-bye for me after reading about another damned reboot -

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/2/2 ... nouncement

All I need to hear is that DC is going to do the same thing and they go away as well.
Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:23 am
Feb 23rd, 2018, 5:12 am
Isn't it amazing how the comic industry went through almost 50 years of comics before they needed reboots to "clarify" and since the mid-80s they've had HOW many various reboots?

At least they are bringing back the original versions of Iron Man, Thor and Cap, though - whomever thought the changes to their characters was a good idea needs to be lined up before a firing squad, IMO.
Feb 23rd, 2018, 5:12 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Apr 25th, 2018, 12:44 am
I finished reading Action Comics #1,000 last night and found the best thing about the comic was the various covers. What was between the covers was bland almost to the point of being boring. Not impressed.
Apr 25th, 2018, 12:44 am
May 12th, 2018, 3:51 am
I just, barely, finished reading The Despicable Deapool #300 and to put it very bluntly it was puerile crap. The vomitting "gag" was beyond being funny after 3 pages and then it just kept going downhill from there. I have to agree with a reviewer who said it is was, "...the worst comic I've read in years..."

The most annoying character in DC Comics is Damian "Robin" Wayne. There is something about him that continually grates on me to the extent that he should be removed.
May 12th, 2018, 3:51 am
May 29th, 2018, 3:28 am
Is there a special reader for comics posted as epubs?

Even Calibre leaves every second page blank.
Ditto iBooks
May 29th, 2018, 3:28 am

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin
Jun 3rd, 2018, 8:15 pm
Epubs suck for comix. Can't really be enjoyed. I convert to pdfs with Calibre. Anyone with other suggestions?
Jun 3rd, 2018, 8:15 pm

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

H.L. Mencken 1920
Jun 4th, 2018, 11:31 pm
agant wrote:Epubs suck for comix. Can't really be enjoyed. I convert to pdfs with Calibre. Anyone with other suggestions?

Look for cbr or cbz file formats, they are for comic books and use CDisplayEx Comic Book Reader.
Jun 4th, 2018, 11:31 pm
Jun 5th, 2018, 11:39 pm
Scunzero wrote:The small amount of Marvel comics I buy go bye-bye for me after reading about another damned reboot -

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2018/2/2 ... nouncement

All I need to hear is that DC is going to do the same thing and they go away as well.

I was really disappointed when they released the news. I truly hope DC will not be following.
Jun 5th, 2018, 11:39 pm
Jun 24th, 2018, 4:17 am
Oh yawn, Bruce Wayne/Batman is marrying Selina Kyle/Catwoman. The thrill, the joy...and, what's the bet that in a year or two down the track there will be some sort of "Epic World Changing Crossover Event" and the marriage will break up and Catwoman will again turn criminal and Batman will go all dark and hard (yet again) in the aftermath in the "Epic World Changing Crossover Event"?

I'll stick titles like Black Hammer, B.P.R.D., I Hate Fairyland and half a dozen other different titles that aren't DC and Marvel.
Jun 24th, 2018, 4:17 am
Jun 24th, 2018, 4:21 am
Scunzero wrote:Oh yawn, Bruce Wayne/Batman is marrying Selina Kyle/Catwoman. The thrill, the joy...and, what's the bet that in a year or two down the track there will be some sort of "Epic World Changing Crossover Event" and the marriage will break up and Catwoman will again turn criminal and Batman will go all dark and hard (yet again) in the aftermath in the "Epic World Changing Crossover Event"?

I'll stick with titles like Black Hammer, B.P.R.D., I Hate Fairyland and half a dozen other different titles that aren't DC and Marvel.
Jun 24th, 2018, 4:21 am