Feedback or requests for help with the site.
May 25th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Ok so I've been a member here for awhile now and I LOVE the books Ive been able to find!
Here's my question/dilemma...

Ive wanted for awhile now to be one of these members that post all these great links to be able to download books but I honestly I haven't been able to figure it out or get the hang of it no matter how many times I try or how many hours I spend reading through the instructions to be able to actually post anything. Unfortunately I have a form of dyslexia called dyscalculia and for whatever reason its just not clicking for me. I can't seem to get it to work idk... Here's the thing though, I feel horribly guilty that to my way of thinking all I've been able to do so far is *take* from the site without really being able to *give* back.

I currently have over 7GB worth of eBooks on my Google Drive, thousands of different titles. Almost all are in .epub format with a few in .pdf. (Not sure if that makes a difference)

I've tried to find the answer before posting this but I havent seen anywhere that gives a clear yes or no if its possible or even against the rules to offer to give access to my drive if someone here would be interested in posting some of the books I have. I have quite a few that aren't listed or if they are, the links to them are down or disabled or need to be updated or whatever.

My point to all this is I'm wondering if it would be against the rules to offer to give access to my Drive to someone who does know how to upload/post? That way at least someone could share what I've been able to collect. Would anyone even be interested?

No its not due to laziness or just not wanting to post any links before anyone can assume that lol. Please don't think that! I wish i had back all the hours I've spent trying to figure it out! I'd much rather had been spending that time actually posting them lol. Unfortunately it just seems to be one of those things I just can't get the hang of. (There's more of those things than I'd like believe me!) Unless someone out there has an extremely dummied down step by step tutorial or something thats not already listed here I'm not sure what else to do other than to offer to share access to what I have for someone else to post.

My drives extremely organized for anyone who's interested. Probably 90-95% is fiction. I have several "main" folders for general subjects such as Bios, Classics, History, etc but the biggest chunk are folders for authors I have multiple books from. In most cases I have the author's entire library or close to it. For example, in my Dale Brown folder I have 47 books in 5 different "series" folders. I have very little sci-fi and no romance (unless you count a sizable collection of lesbian erotica lol) The majority of my collection are thrillers (especially military thrillers) history, bios and memoirs, mystery/crime/drama and a bit of fantasy.

Im not looking to make anything or to get credit or anything like that, just a genuine wish I could share what I have with more people who would enjoy them.

Is this even possible or would it be breaking any of the rules because thats absolutely not the intent behind my idea.
May 25th, 2018, 5:38 pm
May 26th, 2018, 10:38 am
I don`t think it is out of the rules to share gdrive links but even if it is could you please pm the links?
May 26th, 2018, 10:38 am
May 26th, 2018, 10:52 am
Pm me too. Also i have a server so i can co-host if needed, but only if you agree
May 26th, 2018, 10:52 am
May 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm
I'd love to see your collection, can you pm too?
Plus, why not ask an ebook moderator? Maybe one of them can give you a proper answer :)
May 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm
May 27th, 2018, 3:41 am
Please don't worry and do not feel bad for enjoying the site and taking what you like, that is basically our reason to exist. Giving back should only be done if it pleases you and does not become a hardship, there are many other ways to participate!

Of course you are free to share your collection privately, giving the link to your cloud storage via pm will be your best option. In any case, whoever gets your books will need to search thoroughly before posting, chances are that such a big collection will contain a significant amount of books that are already posted. And as you know, we pride ourselves on protecting our posters and respecting their work and effort, the main reason why we do not allow duplicates.

Thanks for trying, and if you want to give it another go do not hesitate and contact me, we may be able to find a way around the pesky posting procedure! ;-)
May 27th, 2018, 3:41 am
May 27th, 2018, 3:49 am
Finest Kind! I think that it is a wonderful offer!
May 27th, 2018, 3:49 am

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs.” - Albert Einstein Image
Jun 10th, 2018, 11:50 pm
I'd love to take a peek at your collection. Can you PM me?
Jun 10th, 2018, 11:50 pm