eBook releases with expired links will be moved to the recycle bin soon if links are not updated.
Aug 27th, 2016, 2:50 am
Donna86 wrote:Hello, I was wondering that how many days should I wait after sending a pm to the OP if the last visited date was -- ?

Normally we wait three days and then you contact an eBook Mod if no reply in that time frame :)

We either expire if the links are gone and the user inactive or ask for a Mirror if the user was on site within the last month/(4-6 weeks)
Aug 27th, 2016, 2:50 am

ImageImage
Dec 4th, 2016, 1:54 am
A bit out of topic, what happened to expired releases topic that both op couldnt re-up again and no one have a new link? Does mobilism moderator deletes the topic or does it stays under the expired release section ?
Dec 4th, 2016, 1:54 am
Dec 4th, 2016, 7:42 am
junglepurple wrote:A bit out of topic, what happened to expired releases topic that both op couldnt re-up again and no one have a new link? Does mobilism moderator deletes the topic or does it stays under the expired release section ?

The post stays in expired until it drops off the end, as expired fills up ;)
Dec 4th, 2016, 7:42 am
Dec 16th, 2016, 5:48 pm
Hi, what if the OP has blocked the private message feature so you can not contact them?

iheartbooks77 wrote:This is no longer possible. Please contact an online ebook moderator with the link to the release and we will take a look for you, thanks.
Dec 16th, 2016, 5:48 pm
Jan 1st, 2017, 4:49 pm
Can someone repost the dead link for this book? The original poster is no longer active.
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1007837&hilit=Kay+brellend
The Windmill Girls by Kay Brellend
Thanks so much!

iheartbooks77 wrote:OP notified, post moved to expired.
Jan 1st, 2017, 4:49 pm
Mar 1st, 2017, 1:46 am
What exactly is a mirror?

merry60 wrote:Please read the first point in the eBooks section Rules, thanks.
Mar 1st, 2017, 1:46 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Mar 1st, 2017, 1:55 am
mesquite wrote:
barkwa wrote:What if there's a __ where last visited should be?

Pm user anyways. Most times the user MAY have visited lately just under the "hidden" pretenses offered when logging in.

You can also click "Search User's Posts" in their profile. That will give you a general idea when they last logged on.
Mar 1st, 2017, 1:55 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Apr 8th, 2017, 5:20 pm
Hi how can I update a dead link I previously posted ? Thanks

iheartbooks77 wrote:PM sent to user.
Apr 8th, 2017, 5:20 pm
Apr 5th, 2018, 5:19 am
im messaged paupaupau 3 days ago about A Fox's Family but I have not gotten a reply (though they've been on)

loya wrote:paupaupau is inactive. The release was moved to expired.
Apr 5th, 2018, 5:19 am
Apr 22nd, 2018, 7:01 pm
What happens when the OP had a drive failure and can't replace the link? That file's no longer available due to no fault of the OP and they've replaced other files for expired links.

Is there a mechanism in place where _that_ book can be transferred to expired status/deleted but the OP can continue to replace other links and/or post new books?
iheartbooks77 wrote:The procedure for Expired links/re-ups: Rules:
Dead link requests
  • Please PM the ORIGINAL POSTER with re-up requests
  • If you don't get a reply from the OP within a maximum of 3 days, you can post in the topic explaining that you sent a PM and received no response, or report to a moderator.
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else
Apr 22nd, 2018, 7:01 pm
Jun 9th, 2018, 9:11 pm
For some reason I can't post new topic into "EXPIRED EBOOK RELEASES" section.
Sent PM about "Bike Snob: Systematically & Mercilessly Realigning the World of Cycling by BikeSnobNYC and Eben Weiss"
to aussie.abroad, she/he read it on June 2, but no answer.
To lazamfck user (not active) about "The Enlightened Cyclist: Commuter Angst, Dangerous Drivers, and Other Obstacles on the Path to Two-Wheeled Trancendence by BikeSnobNYC"
And on Jan 8th to superwoman user about "It's All About the Bike: The Pursuit of Happiness on Two Wheels by Robert Penn" still unread.
Fizban wrote:I am afraid you are misunderstanding what the Expired Ebook Releases section is for. This is where we moderators move posts where the OP is inactive in order to indicate that the book(s) in that topic are now available to be reposted (the person reposting provides a link to the new post in the expired post, after which we bin the expired post).

If you have found links that are dead and have PM'd the OP and not received a response, or the OP is now inactive, you are supposed to post in the original thread to indicate the status (such as "Links Dead, Sent PM with no response", for example) and then a moderator will confirm and then move that thread to Expired.

I hope I've cleared up your confusion. If you will post in those original threads, we'll get things moving forward.
Jun 9th, 2018, 9:11 pm
Sep 4th, 2019, 9:03 am
Hello, what happens when the OP says that they are temporarily unavailable but then do not read their messages or reply and they are absent for more than 4 weeks? Am I allowed to make a new post?

merry60 wrote:Of course you are. If the OP has been absent for 4 weeks and the links are dead, you are welcome to repost.
Sep 4th, 2019, 9:03 am
Sep 26th, 2019, 5:19 am
I have a doubt, please:

How many days after the request is moved to "expired releases" I have to wait before requesting said book?

I mean, if no one offers new links, can I request the book after a few weeks?

thanks.

merry60 wrote:Once a book is moved to Expired you are free to request, if you do not wish to wait for a repost.
Sep 26th, 2019, 5:19 am
Oct 24th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Hello guys, im sorry to bother but if a book is still showing up on the search, but the links are expired and the user is "inactive poster", what should I do? I've already read the whole thread but I'm a bit confused. Thank you!

merry60 wrote:Here you go:

Subject: eBook Section Rules

New links requests
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic ("Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.
Oct 24th, 2019, 12:43 pm
Oct 24th, 2019, 5:58 pm
Thank you so much!
Oct 24th, 2019, 5:58 pm

it’s Bia