Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Dec 21st, 2018, 11:09 am
Yay~ thanks for the confirmation Br1
Dec 21st, 2018, 11:09 am
Jan 2nd, 2019, 2:33 pm
Hi everyone!
And my best wishes for this new New Year!

Is there a chance to see the Mobilism's Picture Guesser?! contest being revived in 2019?

Who knows ;) - rain
Jan 2nd, 2019, 2:33 pm
Jan 12th, 2019, 5:32 pm
How about the Guess What Movie?/Guess the Movie Title contest? (I couldn't find a link to that contest thread. Perhaps it no longer exists in mobi?)

Any chances of it being recreated/revived in 2019?

(apologies to the creator of that contest if I got the title wrong)

Name that movie or tv show was a guest contest run by flawlessdreamer who is now a full time eBook mod-sher
Jan 12th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Jan 13th, 2019, 9:19 am
Since we are at it, my addition to the New Year's Comeback wish list is: Find the difference...

I know that it is hard to get ready but, with all the new batch of talented Contest Assistants, is there any chance that it makes a comeback this year?

And by year I mean month :angel:
Jan 13th, 2019, 9:19 am
Jan 13th, 2019, 11:18 am
Amill wrote:Since we are at it, my addition to the New Year's Comeback wish list is: Find the difference...

I know that it is hard to get ready but, with all the new batch of talented Contest Assistants, is there any chance that it makes a comeback this year?

And by year I mean month :angel:

Oh yes! Please! I loved this contest too :D

We are indeed lucky to have such talented and hard working contest mods! But may I remind you please that all of them have full time jobs, family,holidays and occasional illnesses and though it it hard to believe they are also rumoured to have a social life :o :o :o :o :o :o .They volunteer their time on Mobilism for free and I am very grateful for that.They have already pulled some golden oldies out of the archives and no doubt will pull more. Find the difference is time intensive to set up. They have all read your posts and perhaps when one of them has some time they may consider it , but in the current month -no chance :D :D :D :D :D :D -sher

I saw it today but I wanted to take some time to mull it over before I replied. I agree with sherly, not this month. But I am definitely interested. ;) —Tiger
Jan 13th, 2019, 11:18 am
Jan 13th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Thanks, Phoebess, that's a great news! :D :D :D

That's all we were asking for ;)

Now keeping fingers crossed...
Jan 13th, 2019, 7:37 pm
Jan 13th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Thanks.

I was obviously joking with "this month". :lol:
No more jokes. Noted.

Since when have Administrators been noted for their sense of humour? :shock: :shock: :shock: -sher
Sharks however are the comedians of the oceans :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jan 13th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Feb 4th, 2019, 5:14 am
Just a side note in regards to Daily Dice Game... we will no longer update this contest if its short a number, if you want it updated sooner then show your fellow posters a little consideration and let them know they have posted a duplicate number or ask another member to post that last number.

A little compassion can go a long way in many contests. Contests will end sooner and new ones will be able to start, so helping your fellow members is a win win situation for everyone :wink:

consideration
a kindness and thoughtful regard for others, or an act of thoughtfulness..

compassion
someone shows kindness, caring, and a willingness to help others.
Feb 4th, 2019, 5:14 am
Feb 6th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Yeah, people!!! The contest you were waiting for is here!!! Wooohooo!!!
Who am I? is back. Better and faster. 8)

Also check out the other quizzes. :D
Where Am I
What is my occupation?
What am I?

What are you waiting for?!!! :o

And Ice is right. Is annoying when a round can't be closed/ updated because not enough people have posted.
So, POST!!!
Feb 6th, 2019, 5:24 pm
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:32 am
My 2 cents....... :shock: :mrgreen:
The 24 hr contests are most popular as they span all the time zones, so start a few more :idea: :wtf:

Why should a few take on the brunt of all the contests? Rope in a few more contest assistants. Many hands make light work. :-D

OK, everyone has other things to do. They can still devote 20 mins a day at their convenient time to run one contest.
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:32 am
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:59 am
I currently count 22 contests that are actively running at this time, that does not include the timed contest that appear randomly, that is almost 1 contest for every hour of the day, and if you think its only 20 mins a day we put in to keep everything running...

yes 24hr contests are popular for that exact reason, they also take the longest to prepare and to update, so its not easy to "just start a few more" .

and you bet, more hands make lighter work, and if you can think back to about 4-6 months ago and how many contests we were trying to run compared to now I think we have done a pretty darn good job of keepings things going.
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:59 am
Feb 11th, 2019, 4:53 am
My earlier post is misunderstood.

What I mean to say is that it won't be possible to get more people with a lot of time to spare, but there are many who can put in 20 mins a day so let them run just one contest at that same time every day.
Feb 11th, 2019, 4:53 am
Feb 11th, 2019, 5:02 am
13Ice wrote:if you think its only 20 mins a day we put in to keep everything running...
(-- snipped --)
I think we have done a pretty darn good job of keepings things going.

Although I don't participate here as much as I used to, I'd just like to say that I think the contests team is doing a pretty good job with amount and varied time zones of the running contests.

I also agree with Ice 100% -- a 20 minute contest does NOT take 20 minutes to run. Not. Even. Close.
Some contests are simpler then others, and only require minimal prep time and wrap up. Some contests are more work and planning. There is a lot of behind the scenes prep going on too!
Wrap up is easy because they just hand out WRZ$ right? Wrong! Wait until there are double donatewards or missing donatewards, or the person doing the donatwarding skipped someone but isn't sure who they skipped - the contest host will spend a good bit of time squinting through transaction logs to make sure every one of their players gets a fair reward.

and by the way ...

Hey, good job contests team!
Thank you for keeping so many forum members entertained, I appreciate all you do!
Feb 11th, 2019, 5:02 am
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm
melanthiabast wrote:Wait until there are double donatewards or missing donatewards, or the person doing the donatwarding skipped someone but isn't sure who they skipped - the contest host will spend a good bit of time squinting through transaction logs to make sure every one of their players gets a fair reward.

How often does this happen? I'm just questioning it because it sounds a little unfair to those who volunteer to pay rewards. I've volunteered myself many times and received so many rewards from different users and only had a wrong donation made to me once. Only once. Some of us keep lists and everything. :D

But, I agree with you that the contests team are doing a great job. There seems to be new contests all the time. :clap:
Feb 11th, 2019, 3:24 pm