Keep yourself informed!
Dec 17th, 2023, 7:14 pm

Today I had a message from Ritje, Guy's lovely wife. Letting me know that Guy has passed away last Friday, having lost his battle with cancer.
We all know he loved Mobilism, creating games, and us who played in his games and helped him. He will be missed dearly. :(

“Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts.”

Dec 17th, 2023, 7:14 pm

If you like a book, please buy it to support the author.
If my links are dead, please use the REUPLOAD BUTTON [No posting in topics!]
Click THANKS if you like my releases

Dec 17th, 2023, 7:21 pm
I can’t believe Guy is gone! He was such a nice, jovial person who loved creating games for us. He always talked about his lovely wife Rita and his bike shop and his love for them. Cancer is such a terrible disease and I’m very sad Guy had to battle it. He will be missed and I would like to convey my deepest condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Guy. I’ll miss you.
Dec 17th, 2023, 7:21 pm
Dec 17th, 2023, 8:24 pm
he was the pillar of this community: bringing so much joy from sharing and creating these games
wherever you are, i hope you are riding your bike, soaring like the wind guy :(
Dec 17th, 2023, 8:24 pm
Dec 17th, 2023, 8:25 pm

We will miss you Guy :sad: RIP
Dec 17th, 2023, 8:25 pm

If you want to be happy, be... Happiness depends upon ourselves. :wave:

Cheers,
Diva ♥ x
Dec 17th, 2023, 9:04 pm

So sad to hear. I really enjoyed the time I spent as one of Guy's "Angels", helping with games and being part of his team. He was so creative and loved coming up with new game ideas. A lot of the games he created are still being played in the contests section, which he ran for a long time. He eventually moved to games and continued doing what he loved best, creating for the enjoyment of others. Besides his family, he loved mobi like nothing else.

My deepest condolences to Rita and the rest of Guy's family. We will miss you Guy. Rest easy. Your mobi legacy will live on forever.
Dec 17th, 2023, 9:04 pm

Dec 18th, 2023, 11:50 am
I met Guy many years ago when Mobilism was just getting started. His first initiative was founding the Release Testers, a group of volunteers who would test and offer mini reviews for Windows Mobile software. He set about establishing this group with a dedication and attention to detail that would become his hallmark, only discouraged at times that it was hard to find others with a similar amount of enthusiasm. Eventually he found Andree, a perfect partner, and for several years they teamed up to provide services, contests and much more to the Mobilism community. From a translation service, keeping tracking of version updates and similar apps, to site usage guides and even a newsletter, Guy was everywhere. But it was in creating contests that he discovered his favorite pastime.

Back then Mobilism did not yet have a real Contests section. Two of Guy's first forays were "The great quiz" - which tested users on Mobilism trivia and "Let's make a story on Mobilism" - where Mobilism members continued each others' narratives to create a story intertwining Mobilism, imaginary characters, and some real events. His contests became increasingly popular and led to the creation of the Contests section we have to this day, with thousands of players and a whole team managing it.

One of the funniest stories involving Guy was the 2009 April Fool's prank - a moderator announced that he managed to take over Mobilism and would be carrying out major reforms and a purge of the old ways and administration. In preparation for the prank Mobilism staff members were divided into supporters of the coup, and opponents. Guy decided to be an opponent, and played his role so well that even some ex-moderators were convinced the takeover was real. Several Mobilism members tried to get onto the "new" Mobilism staff in an attempt to hand over their accounts to the "old" staff.

Guy was always polite, helpful, and incredibly dedicated. We will miss him dearly.

Moved to Announcements.
Dec 18th, 2023, 11:50 am
Dec 18th, 2023, 12:42 pm
What terrible news.
We are all powerless in front of destiny.
It was an honor for me to be with you, my dear friend, all these years when you were the soul of our community.
From up there, where you left among the angels, please take a look at us who remained here sad and pained by your loss.
You were a true friend, a noble soul and a wonderful man.
We and your family will miss you.

With deepest regrets,
sebastian99
mobilism's website number 999

PS: I am attaching some photos that I have kept over the years:

Image Image

Image Image
Dec 18th, 2023, 12:42 pm
Dec 18th, 2023, 1:46 pm
RIP guy, what an amazing human being.
He was always so kind and has a heart of gold.
Hearing the news today really broke my heart, I hope you're in a better place now
My thoughts and prayers for Rita and his family
I love you dude <3
Dec 18th, 2023, 1:46 pm

Dec 18th, 2023, 1:51 pm
What can I say that Disk4mat hasn't already said, his words reflect what we all feel. Guy was (always will be) an integral part of this site and will be sorely missed.
Dec 18th, 2023, 1:51 pm

Dec 18th, 2023, 2:29 pm
His battle with cancer took a toll on him, He was a fighter and brave man, he always wanted to help people. he was a good Father, Husband, and good friend. Rest in Piece my friend Guy.
Dec 18th, 2023, 2:29 pm
Dec 18th, 2023, 2:43 pm
:(
It was usual for Guy to be absent from time to time and I never thought this would be the last time we hear from him :(
Sometimes he was busy with his bicycle shop, and sometimes it was the treatments.
I still remember when I sent a PM asking if he was okay during the lockdown period when I noticed his prolonged absence.
He was getting lots of cycles to repair during that time and I didn't worry afterwards because I knew it was either that or the regular treatments, except this time it was not :(
You constantly came up with many novel and creative ideas for games.
Thank you for all the joy you brought with your ideas.

Good bye Guy. Rest in peace.
We will feel your absence and Mobilism would never be the same without you :(
Dec 18th, 2023, 2:43 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Dec 18th, 2023, 3:12 pm
RIP Guy! I've enjoyed all of the games which you've run, and I had a lot of fun playing them. This website will not be the same without you. :(

Dec 18th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Dec 18th, 2023, 4:30 pm
Sleep softly big man - you'll be missed by all at mobilism
Dec 18th, 2023, 4:30 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Dec 18th, 2023, 7:42 pm
Guy had 3 things he loved the most, his lovely wife Rita, repairing bicycles, and being the service manager and lateron the master of games on this site.
He was one of the nicest persons I know, very passionate about a lot of things.
Very sad to hear he lost the battle against cancer.

Although I myself haven't been around here for many years, I just had to pay Guy the respect that he deserves and add a comment here.

Dear Guy, you will be missed. My condolences go to his family.

Rest in peace,

From both me, LZF, and his friend andree.
Dec 18th, 2023, 7:42 pm
Dec 18th, 2023, 7:46 pm
RIP Guy, you will be missed here at Mobilism, and more by your family. May God give your family all the courage to go through the pain and sadness at this trying time of their life.
Dec 18th, 2023, 7:46 pm