If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with iPad post it here.
Mar 3rd, 2019, 12:53 pm
Hi,

In order to keep track of books in series, I renamed their titles in iTunes prior to uploading to iPad. For example, [Detective John 01] Born to run - Author Name, etc . . . Alter the books were transferred to the iPad, the iBooks app (pre ios 12) lists the books by author names, then by the titles (which were shown exactly as they were in iTunes). This makes it possible to scrolling to any author, then select a particular title in a series.

The new Apple Books app, which comes with IOS 12, is not so friendly. The best I could do would be to click on 'Collection' --> 'Search' --> type author name --> 'list All'. The new Books app would then lists all books by the author for selection and reading. When done reading, I have to do the same search over again.

I posted same question at some forums. No help. Hopefully someone here could either help with the 'how in new Apple Books app' and/or point me to where to download the previous iBooks app.

Thanks
Mar 3rd, 2019, 12:53 pm
Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:34 am
I also having the same problem on my iPad Pro! Unfortunately I can't help you, as for me, I refused to update my iPhone's software and it's fine. Hope they'll fix this tomorrow since there will be iOS 13 at WWDC I believe...
Jun 3rd, 2019, 10:34 am