If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with iPad post it here.
Jul 26th, 2019, 12:57 pm
I'm a complete newbie to ipad (been using it for less than 3 months), so bear with me if this is a silly question.

I have a large number of ebooks in jpg format, ie. each book is stored in a folder, each page is a jpg file (001.jpg, 002.jpg, ... and so on), which i download from somewhere to my windows 10 laptop.

Currently I have a Samsung galaxy tablet (running android), which i use almost solely as a ebook reader. I just connect the tablet to my laptop, then open windows explorer, and copy the downloaded folder to a custom folder named BookRoot which i created to store books in the android tablet. Once copied, I just launch the built-in MyFiles file browser, navigate to the folder just copied, and click 001.jpg to open it, then i read the book by swiping thru the pages.
If I want to read another book, i just navigate to BookRoot, find the subfolder that stores the book i need, open it.

This whole process is simple and highly effective.

Now my son loves the ipad for games etc, so we bought him one, but I also want him to read some books on it, so I tried to do the same on ipad, and it was a horrible experience: had to install a bloated app named iTunes on Windows 10, then run it and go thru its clunky interface to copy book folders to ipad. The copy process is extremely slow, much slower than android. But the worst part is that once books' folders are in ipad, it completely lost the folder structure, and I can only browse them as albums, which can't display the images in their file name order: 001.jpg, 002.jpg etc, ipad has some funny logic to decide the images order in the album.

So my question to you experts here: is there any chance I could read the image based books on ipad in a way similar to android? or is ipad just hopelessly dumb when it comes to classic file system folder structures?
Jul 26th, 2019, 12:57 pm