If it does not belong anywhere else and has to do with iPad post it here.
Apr 7th, 2012, 7:17 pm
So I bought iPad 2 wifi, with 5.0 ios, i'm aware that there's no jailbreak for this version, there's an available update and its 5.1 and from what i read there's no jailbreak for this version too, i tried to download the 5.0.1 ipsw for ipad 2, coz there's a jailbreak on this ios version but i can't update my ipad into this version..:(

is there any other way to jaibreak this device? or do i have to wait for jailbreak on 5.1?
Apr 7th, 2012, 7:17 pm
May 13th, 2012, 1:12 am
You have to wait for 5.1 unless you had shsh blobs saved for 5.0.1. So if you don't know what that means, odds are you don't. Unfortunately I'm in the same situation!
May 13th, 2012, 1:12 am
May 19th, 2012, 4:16 pm
there's a 5.1.1 already, is there a jailbreak on that version?
May 19th, 2012, 4:16 pm
May 19th, 2012, 9:23 pm
Unfortunately there's not a jailbreak released for that version yet.
May 19th, 2012, 9:23 pm
May 20th, 2012, 4:08 pm
Ginbill wrote:Unfortunately there's not a jailbreak released for that version yet.

no? even a tethered one? :(
May 20th, 2012, 4:08 pm
May 26th, 2012, 12:26 am
woohoo, i finally jailbreak my ipad 2 5.1.1 untethered..:D
May 26th, 2012, 12:26 am
May 26th, 2012, 12:31 am
Me too! Feels good.
May 26th, 2012, 12:31 am
May 31st, 2012, 6:54 pm
I'm a newbie to the iPad, having just bought the iPad2.

I did go through the newest version of Absinthe to jailbreak it, and everything went smoothly and seemed okay.

But now, any apps I try to install get the message, "XXX Failed to Install." These are apps I've downloaded from sources other than the AppStore, but should have been okay.

I've heard that there might be some problems still with the latest break. As I'm such a newbie to it all, I've got no idea, but having problems.
May 31st, 2012, 6:54 pm
Jun 2nd, 2012, 6:44 pm
JusMe wrote:I'm a newbie to the iPad, having just bought the iPad2.

I did go through the newest version of Absinthe to jailbreak it, and everything went smoothly and seemed okay.

But now, any apps I try to install get the message, "XXX Failed to Install." These are apps I've downloaded from sources other than the AppStore, but should have been okay.

I've heard that there might be some problems still with the latest break. As I'm such a newbie to it all, I've got no idea, but having problems.

maybe your missing the appsync 5.0.. install it from cydia.. add this repo cydia.hackulo.us

then from that repo you will find the appsync, install also the installous 4..
Jun 2nd, 2012, 6:44 pm
Jun 3rd, 2012, 4:11 pm
ashley27 wrote:maybe your missing the appsync 5.0.. install it from cydia.. add this repo cydia.hackulo.us

then from that repo you will find the appsync, install also the installous 4..

Aaaah, as I said, I'm a real newbie in this field. That almost sounds like a strange language to me.

I did notice that once I ran Absinthe, my iPad had Cydia installed, but I could never figure out what it was supposed to do. And I've found Cydia by using Google search, but haven't figured out how to actually download anything from any "repository" whatever that might be.

Haven't seen any "Help" menu nor manuals for Cydia.

Sorry to sound so elementary, but I got lost right at the beginning of your post :(

[Edit] Okay, later on. I googled both appsynch and installous, found them and downloaded them.

But how do I actually install them?

I've done all this through my iMac connected by ethernet modem, not by wifi iPad connection. Can I actually complete all this through this method, or must my iPad be connected by wifi to the internet, and then go through Cydia to download and install both of those apps, and after that, then I might be able to install the other stuff I've acquired? I'd like to be able to do it all right here at my computer, but I suppose if necessary, I'll get out somewhere for a wifi connection.
Jun 3rd, 2012, 4:11 pm