Section head: merry60, iheartbooks77
May 4th, 2021, 7:44 pm
williamk wrote:Today I noticed that when dropgalaxy is the premium download blue arrow option for a file, I get the garbage 1 kb file if the secondary or mirror site is dropapk. It appears that dropapk, when connected to a file, also disables or infects the use of dropgalaxy. I understand that I can just stop using the premium download feature and disable adblocker and fight through several redirects and malware attacks and finally download the file. It seems to me that Mobilism should require that the paid premium option should always be possible.

I've previously explained why this can sometimes be the case: viewtopic.php?p=8509210#8509210

We already do everything possible to ensure that every release has a supported download link. We removed dropapk from our supported filehosts yesterday. As a result releasers can no longer use it to fulfill posting requirements and moving forward they will have to use other filehosts. The incorrectly downloaded (and cached) 1kb files will be gone within 24 hours.
May 4th, 2021, 7:44 pm
May 5th, 2021, 12:48 pm
Excellent service, thank you Team Mobilism
May 5th, 2021, 12:48 pm
May 5th, 2021, 8:31 pm
I'm never sure if its because I use iOS but I have had zero luck downloading anything lately and have to resort to using the public library for books which is very unreliable. I pay every year but maybe I just need someone to explain it like I am 5!
May 5th, 2021, 8:31 pm
May 5th, 2021, 11:22 pm
Disk4mat wrote:We already do everything possible to ensure that every release has a supported download link. We removed dropapk from our supported filehosts yesterday. As a result releasers can no longer use it to fulfill posting requirements and moving forward they will have to use other filehosts. The incorrectly downloaded (and cached) 1kb files will be gone within 24 hours.

How many legit files would be under 2k? I'd be very surprised st any such.

So wouldn't it be possible to set up an automated process that simply does not store less than 2k files in the cache?

that should be easily done and solve future problems of the issue if any new cases of the overall problem occurs until Thst new host can as well get removed.
May 5th, 2021, 11:22 pm
May 6th, 2021, 2:13 am
sherylwa wrote:I'm never sure if its because I use iOS but I have had zero luck downloading anything lately and have to resort to using the public library for books which is very unreliable. I pay every year but maybe I just need someone to explain it like I am 5!

Please check your PMs.

Readeraholic wrote:
Disk4mat wrote:We already do everything possible to ensure that every release has a supported download link. We removed dropapk from our supported filehosts yesterday. As a result releasers can no longer use it to fulfill posting requirements and moving forward they will have to use other filehosts. The incorrectly downloaded (and cached) 1kb files will be gone within 24 hours.

How many legit files would be under 2k? I'd be very surprised st any such.

So wouldn't it be possible to set up an automated process that simply does not store less than 2k files in the cache?

that should be easily done and solve future problems of the issue if any new cases of the overall problem occurs until Thst new host can as well get removed.

That's actually a great idea, we'll try to implement it.
May 6th, 2021, 2:13 am
May 6th, 2021, 4:23 am
sherylwa wrote:I'm never sure if its because I use iOS but I have had zero luck downloading anything lately and have to resort to using the public library for books which is very unreliable. I pay every year but maybe I just need someone to explain it like I am 5!

Biggest iOS issue I have on mobilism is when using the premium arrow downloader - sometimes files just stop downloading with 1-4K left to go. When I hit resume it a,ways starts from the start. I've never had this problem elsewhere - but as I can't duplicate the error and it's random,Kim not sure where the real problem lies. Patience seems to be the only solution lol,
May 6th, 2021, 4:23 am
May 11th, 2021, 1:08 am
How do you download if there's no arrow and the QR code doesn't work?
May 11th, 2021, 1:08 am
May 11th, 2021, 2:16 am
HelloSeetie wrote:How do you download if there's no arrow and the QR code doesn't work?

If a link doesn't have the blue download arrow it means it's not supported by the Premium Downloader. The QR code doesn't do anything beyond representing the URL in the form of an image. That image can then be quickly scanned to conveniently get the URL in the app (instead of sending yourself a message with the link copy & pasted), from which point the Premium Downloader integrated into the Android app takes over and downloads the file from that URL. Any link on Mobilism, even a YouTube link, will automatically get a QR code next to it. But only if the link has a blue arrow next to it can it be downloaded via the Premium Downloader.
May 11th, 2021, 2:16 am
May 12th, 2021, 1:51 pm
Hi, I already have premium but I forgot my password. I have sent a `forgot password` message but I am not getting a reply to my email address to change my password. It says it`s sending it but I`m receiving nothing.
May 12th, 2021, 1:51 pm
May 12th, 2021, 6:29 pm
Spent tons of time today trying to download quite a rare book from centfile - their site is really confusing. Decided to buy the premium and all worked like a charm. Spent infinitely less time setting my premium up and downloading directly. Definitely worth the cost, thanks Mobilism team!
May 12th, 2021, 6:29 pm
May 13th, 2021, 5:36 am
Ferryhill9 wrote:Hi, I already have premium but I forgot my password. I have sent a `forgot password` message but I am not getting a reply to my email address to change my password. It says it`s sending it but I`m receiving nothing.

Please check your PMs.
May 13th, 2021, 5:36 am
May 14th, 2021, 8:06 pm
It is defiantly worth the cost.
May 14th, 2021, 8:06 pm
May 15th, 2021, 1:52 am
Mobilism..... best thing since sliced bread. Simply nothing better when it comes to finding info and apps for your android devices. Keep up the great work guys.
May 15th, 2021, 1:52 am
May 18th, 2021, 4:45 pm
So is drop.download permanently off the premium download list, or is it still being worked on?

It's not a bad site, and definitely one of the better ones in regards to pop ups etc - however there captcha system does not work with screen readers. So I hold out hope, the issues will get fixed as a lot of people use the site :)
May 18th, 2021, 4:45 pm
May 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm
Readeraholic wrote:So is drop.download permanently off the premium download list, or is it still being worked on?

It's not a bad site, and definitely one of the better ones in regards to pop ups etc - however there captcha system does not work with screen readers. So I hold out hope, the issues will get fixed as a lot of people use the site :)

We couldn't fix it and dropapk's owner couldn't either. We hired a development company now to try to fix it, as well as integrate several new filehosts. The current list of filehosts to fix/integrate is: drop.download, mixloads.com, mega4up.org, ddownload.com, filelox.com, userupload.net, and katfile.com.
May 18th, 2021, 7:52 pm