Section head: merry60, iheartbooks77
May 18th, 2021, 8:39 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
Readeraholic wrote:So is drop.download permanently off the premium download list, or is it still being worked on?

It's not a bad site, and definitely one of the better ones in regards to pop ups etc - however there captcha system does not work with screen readers. So I hold out hope, the issues will get fixed as a lot of people use the site :)

We couldn't fix it and dropapk's owner couldn't either. We hired a development company now to try to fix it, as well as integrate several new filehosts. The current list of filehosts to fix/integrate is: drop.download, mixloads.com, mega4up.org, ddownload.com, filelox.com, userupload.net, and katfile.com.

Sounds great! hope it all works out!
May 18th, 2021, 8:39 pm
May 19th, 2021, 7:11 pm
I. I can't see any blue download arrows. There are only Q codes. Please can you fix this?
May 19th, 2021, 7:11 pm
May 19th, 2021, 11:27 pm
Justtrace wrote:I. I can't see any blue download arrows. There are only Q codes. Please can you fix this?

The blue arrows are visible to anyone who is logged in, regardless of whether or not you have a Premium subscription.

1. make sure "Display Premium Downloader" is set to Yes Here (at the bottom).
2. make sure you don't have javascript disabled in your browser
3. check if an adblocker is blocking our javascript from running (such as NoScript). Make sure neither mobilism.org nor mblservices.org is blocked by your adblocker. If you're using NoScript, make sure to allow full site.
4. if you're using Chrome, try disabling its built in pop-up blocker
5. if you're located in the United Arab Emirates, see This
6. if you're located in Australia and using Telstra, you need to turn off TELSTRA Broadband Protect

One way to test what the problem could be is using a browser different from the one you typically use, without plugins and where javascript should be enabled (it's enabled by default in browsers). Alternatively you could have been looking at a release where the releaser did not use any of the supported filehosts. Most sections have rules against this so PM a moderator if this happens (in Android: all releases must have at least two supported links, in eBooks: all releases must have at least one supported link). However, Mobilism has releases dating as far back as 2006, and if the topic is old, it could have links on filehosts that have shut down.

jpy756 wrote:I'm also only seeing Q codes on "older" posts, no download arrows.

A few I've discovered...
viewtopic.php?f=122&t=3166864&hilit=Gregory+Wrightstone
viewtopic.php?f=1328&t=4050848&hilit=Maureen+Tan

Thanks in advance.

If a link doesn't have the blue download arrow it means it's not supported by the Premium Downloader. The QR code doesn't do anything beyond representing the URL in the form of an image. That image can then be quickly scanned to conveniently get the URL in the app (instead of sending yourself a message with the link copy & pasted), from which point the Premium Downloader integrated into the Android app takes over and downloads the file from that URL. Any link on Mobilism, even a YouTube link, will automatically get a QR code next to it. But only if the link has a blue arrow next to it can it be downloaded via the Premium Downloader. As mentioned in my response to the previous user above, all releases in eBooks and Android will have supported download links when posted, but filehosts come and go and Mobilism has been around for over 15 years now.
May 19th, 2021, 11:27 pm
May 24th, 2021, 2:26 pm
Hi what is the url for the mobile app please
May 24th, 2021, 2:26 pm
May 24th, 2021, 2:42 pm
peterbohs wrote:Hi what is the url for the mobile app please

Here:
https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=399&t=214777
Part of our main page - sticky topics - announcements
May 24th, 2021, 2:42 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
May 24th, 2021, 2:55 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
HelloSeetie wrote:How do you download if there's no arrow and the QR code doesn't work?

If a link doesn't have the blue download arrow it means it's not supported by the Premium Downloader. The QR code doesn't do anything beyond representing the URL in the form of an image. That image can then be quickly scanned to conveniently get the URL in the app (instead of sending yourself a message with the link copy & pasted), from which point the Premium Downloader integrated into the Android app takes over and downloads the file from that URL. Any link on Mobilism, even a YouTube link, will automatically get a QR code next to it. But only if the link has a blue arrow next to it can it be downloaded via the Premium Downloader.

Hi,
I tried several books from users that I know always use Premium and books that I previously downloaded with Premium. No blue arrow, just the annoying QR code everywhere. It looks like I am not the only one having Premium blocked by QR code for which I do not care. I paid for Premium but cannot use it now. Is there a fix for this?
May 24th, 2021, 2:55 pm
May 24th, 2021, 5:23 pm
@mag75 As I explained in the post you quoted, the QR code is not the issue; the QR code will appear next to every URL, please read the post if you haven't already. The issue is most likely that you're looking at older topics that have dropapk links, and that filehost is no longer supported by the Premium Downloader. Please see: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284351&start=6269 - we are continuing to work on adding support for dropapk along with several new hosts to the Premium Downloader.
May 24th, 2021, 5:23 pm
May 25th, 2021, 1:03 pm
tvsteve wrote:All files I downloaded from https://dropgalaxy.vip with the blue arrow are giving me a 4.7K download.
example; https://dropgalaxy.vip/2hzwqtok4oam (The Washington Post - May 25, 2021)
Files downloaded yesterday, blue arrow from dropgalaxy are now giving me the 4.7K junk file.

Ditto!
May 25th, 2021, 1:03 pm
May 25th, 2021, 1:44 pm
Same here 4.7 kb files only downloading from dropgalaxy.
May 25th, 2021, 1:44 pm
May 25th, 2021, 2:14 pm
Same problem for me..........

EDIT: Seems to be fixed thanks.
May 25th, 2021, 2:14 pm
May 26th, 2021, 2:15 am
Has dropgalaxy been fixed? I got the junk file also
May 26th, 2021, 2:15 am
May 26th, 2021, 5:15 am
Is it possible that the premium downloader isn't working properly with some storage sites?

Over the past few days I've found that what is downloaded via the premium downloader is a random-looking series of letters. At first I tried adding the suffix of 'epub' or whatever, but this doesn't seem to be the problem.

In the cases where the premium downloader hasn't worked, I was still able to download the wanted book 'manually'.

For instance, in the last half hour, this problem has occurred with dropgalaxy but not with rg.to
- leading me to think that it has to do with the particular storage site and not with premium downloader.
May 26th, 2021, 5:15 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle