If it does not belong anywhere else but is about Windows, post it here.
Oct 9th, 2013, 10:06 am
Hello all. My friend recently recommended this forum to me seeing as I recently bought a Google Nexus 4 for myself and a Lumia 520 for my mother. Here's my problem with the latter.

All music, which I copy into the phone's SD card does so in double. That's not to say the copying is done in double, just that it displays each song in double. When we delete a song, one of the copies disappears, but the other gives an error when trying to play the song. My computer is somewhat in a delicate state(read:turns off very easily due to... age issues). But I'm sure that there aren't any viruses or whatnot in it. The method that I use to copy the songs is Open the SD card on the Windows 7 File Manager and go to music and then copy the songs manually. Is there any fix for this issue? I recently went to a Nokia Care center and got the OS re-installed, but the issue continues. I'm actually delaying the installation of the Amber update for this. (My mum likes the radio feature, but doesn't want to "damage" the phone further). Anyone know what's causing this and what I can do to remedy this situation? Thanks in advance to everyone's replies.
Oct 9th, 2013, 10:06 am
Nov 21st, 2013, 1:44 pm
I was using Lumia 520 some time back and I have upgraded to Lumia 625, never had issue of duplicate songs listed in music, but when I simply copies songs to phone it doesn't play some songs.
I will suggest you to remove all the songs from your cell/memory card and further transfer songs using Windows phone app. It worked for me and most probably it will resolve your problem too.

-----------------------------
Work on my ship for 100 years or Die..!!
Nov 21st, 2013, 1:44 pm