Discuss Windows apps here.
Sep 2nd, 2011, 5:10 pm
I folks!

I've just installed WP7 in my HD2 and I've wondered if there's a software alike to Tasker.
It's important for me because it's really useful, handy and saves a lot of time/battery :?
Sep 2nd, 2011, 5:10 pm
Sep 3rd, 2011, 2:15 am
Is tasker a task manager? If so, there is no task manager because there is no multitasking in WP7 until after Mango. Apps have the ability to save and restore their state, so they can appear to be right where you left them. Whatever memory is consumed by doing that is managed by the apps themselves; there is no mechanism (or need?) for the user to manage this. One exception (sort of) that comes to mind is IE: you can close any/all of the prior tabs that you've opened.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 2:15 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
Sep 3rd, 2011, 9:35 pm
Oh my!
Tasker is the most powerful app I've ever seen. It's supposed to do a task depending on an active profile, which can be activated because of location, event (phone, accelerometer,hour,app,headphones)..
Well, I'd love to open music app as I plug my headphones in.. something like that..
Sep 3rd, 2011, 9:35 pm
Sep 4th, 2011, 2:47 am
Oh wow, that sounds very very interesting. I know there are apps like that for iOS and I am assuming since you have an HD2, there are apps like tasker for android or wm. At this point, there isn't an app like that for WP that I know of. With Mango becoming available soon and the new api's and tools available to developers, I wouldnt be surprised if an app similar to tasker is developed for WP. For my iphone, I had one app where, for example, based on GPS location your phone would change ringer profiles whether your at work (would go to vibrate) and when your at a restaurant (would switch to loud ringer) ,etc, etc. I will keep an eye out.
Sep 4th, 2011, 2:47 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
Sep 4th, 2011, 4:30 pm
oh no, tasker is incredible, you can do whatever (run app, take call, volume down, brightness, say something or flash a message, turn off the screen, toogle wifi, bluetooth, gps..) depending on location trhough gps or cellular, caller, sms received, hour, gesture with g sensor.. awesome..

I'd love that 4 wp..
Sep 4th, 2011, 4:30 pm