Discuss Windows apps here.
Sep 25th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Hello, wil i be able to unlock my WP7 device with chevron method, when my device will be updated to Mango?
Sep 25th, 2011, 1:14 pm
Sep 29th, 2011, 3:46 pm
I recently did this when I forced the update. Like redrahad mentioned above, you wont be able to use the chevron tool. You'll instead 'pass' an unlocking tool, if you will, along from Nodo, to Mango. It's a somewhat lengthy process, but not difficult..& it does work. I am now on Mango & unlocked. You can't unlock Mango without an official dev account unless you pass the unlock from Nodo. What device are you using?
Sep 29th, 2011, 3:46 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
Sep 30th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Hi all,
i want to have unlock mango on my device (HTC 7 TROPHY), how i can unlock mango now im with nodo 7392 (unlock) ?
And sorry for my bad english :D
Sep 30th, 2011, 6:50 pm
Sep 30th, 2011, 8:29 pm
I have HTC 7 TROPHY. But i havent updates to mango because when i connect phone to pc, zune doesnt show any available update. Any suggestions how to install umango update?
Sep 30th, 2011, 8:29 pm
Sep 30th, 2011, 9:18 pm
winpresko wrote:Hi all,
i want to have unlock mango on my device (HTC 7 TROPHY), how i can unlock mango now im with nodo 7392 (unlock) ?
And sorry for my bad english :D

Read through this thread. If you still have problems, post back here.

Martee wrote:I have HTC 7 TROPHY. But i havent updates to mango because when i connect phone to pc, zune doesnt show any available update. Any suggestions how to install umango update?

If you want to force update then connect your phone to zune, the hit Update in Zune & then immediately disconnect the internet. Here is some more detailed info taken from wpcentral

Code: Select all1. Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
2. Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is  available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
3. Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
4. Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available. This is 7392, the first Mango pre-update.
5. Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
6. After 7392 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install it now. If not, proceed to the next step.
If the second update isn't popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear.
7. Install 7403, brave reader. Speeding right along, isn't it? ;)
Mango time! At this point, Zune should automatically start installing the last update, 7720, aka Mango. If it doesn't happen automatically, force it like we did in previous steps.
Sep 30th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
Oct 1st, 2011, 8:36 pm
Will that harm the device in the future updates ?
Oct 1st, 2011, 8:36 pm
Oct 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm
As far as we know now, no. But we won't really know until future updates. As long as you have a backup somewhere, you are fine.
Oct 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm

Oct 14th, 2011, 6:49 am
I have HTC HD7 bt the process u just mentioned bout force updating mango is not happening in my cell phone.
When i disconnect from the internet , after few seconds zune says my cell is up to date.
Is there any other option????
Oct 14th, 2011, 6:49 am
Oct 15th, 2011, 2:15 pm
My phone is HTC HD 7 , and I updated it to Mango about 2 weeks ago , using the process mentioned above and everything went fine , now my phone is Mango updated , so keep trying , with me it took couple tries
Oct 15th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Nov 3rd, 2011, 5:27 am
I force updated my Trophy about 2 weeks ago, however, I am now interested in unlocking it as well. I searched and found the files for the Chevron unlocker but apparently it does not work with Mango. Is there a way to unlock the device after it's already been updated? If so, will I lose any functionality from unlocking?

My biggest reason for wanting to unlock is the ability to install .xap files
Nov 3rd, 2011, 5:27 am
Nov 4th, 2011, 4:45 am
You can't unlock after updating to Mango unless you 'pass' the update along from Nodo.. Otherwise, the only unlock would be the official dev unlock or wait a while longer for the new Chevron Mango unlock that will cost $9 or so per unlock.
Nov 4th, 2011, 4:45 am