Discuss Windows gaming.
Apr 26th, 2011, 2:52 pm
Hello guys,

I´m a new member in mobilism.org and I want that User´s share experience with any SNES Emulator for WP7.
So who have tried any rom? Who knows how to get the Snes Emulator?

We can talk here :)
Apr 26th, 2011, 2:52 pm
Apr 27th, 2011, 2:20 am
At the current moment..there aren't any SNES emulators available for WP7. I do know of a couple of NES emulators but they are far from finished. Right now I believe only 1 game works (Super Mario Bros) and it only works at a decent frame rate with sound disabled.

Also, due to limitations with the file system you can't side load any ROMS to the device. You have to upload the rom to a server somewhere and then when you run the emulator you have to 'point' it to the server where the rom is hosted. Here is the link over at XDA for a NES emulator that has been in development for a while.

Until MSFT loosens up a bit, I think this may be the best we can get. It's a shame really cuz the hardware is great and we could see some great emulators for wp7.
Apr 27th, 2011, 2:20 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!
May 5th, 2011, 11:10 pm
stillriza wrote:Also, due to limitations with the file system you can't side load any ROMS to the device.

Not strictly true, it would be possible to have a desktop app which allowed the user to select ROMs, inject it into the emulator XAP and deploy the emulator and ROMS as one XAP to the phone. The emulator would then be able to copy the files to isolated storage before running. The file system is a pain in the ass but there are ways and means.
May 5th, 2011, 11:10 pm
May 6th, 2011, 1:57 am
FidoFuz wrote:
stillriza wrote:Also, due to limitations with the file system you can't side load any ROMS to the device.

Not strictly true, it would be possible to have a desktop app which allowed the user to select ROMs, inject it into the emulator XAP and deploy the emulator and ROMS as one XAP to the phone. The emulator would then be able to copy the files to isolated storage before running. The file system is a pain in the ass but there are ways and means.

That would be pretty interesting. So for every particular ROM, it would technically be a standalone xap packaged with the emulator?

Not as nice as other emu's for the other OS's but I guess you are right.
May 6th, 2011, 1:57 am

ImageImageImageImageImage
Have a release in WP7 section? >> If I have to ask you more than 3 times to fix your release, it will be deleted!