Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Jul 28th, 2021, 5:46 am
Hi,
Any idea which would be the simplest European language to learn beside English. Some say Italian is the easiest. Any idea guys?

Thanks
Jul 28th, 2021, 5:46 am
Aug 7th, 2021, 2:33 am
That would be any of the scandinavian languages like Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Dutch as well.
Aug 7th, 2021, 2:33 am
Aug 13th, 2021, 5:50 am
pinocchio5danger wrote:That would be any of the scandinavian languages like Danish, Swedish and Norwegian. Dutch as well.

Thanks
Aug 13th, 2021, 5:50 am
Sep 3rd, 2021, 6:10 am
There are video's on Youtube that claim to teach you a language in hours. Just type into the search bar the language you want to learn, but plus "in hours". So for instance, type in "Dutch in hours" and it will bring up videos that will do just that. The hours varying of course from video to video. I know for instance that their is in fact a video that says it can teach you Dutch in four hours. Or Spanish, or Japanese.

Then there is the software like Rosetta Stone.

And I know that the index card method is popular too. You write up the foreign word on one side of the car, and on the opposite the Phonetic spelling of that word and it's English equivalent. "Assuming you already speak English". Then you do this

Week One: Everyday practice ten cards (Put the week number in the corner of each card as you do them each week.)
Week Two: Everyday practice ten new cards, and on the last day do week one as well. Any missed get thrown week three.
Week Three: Everyday practice ten new cards, and on the last do all thirty cards. Any missed get thrown into week four.
Week Four: Everyday practice ten new cards, on the last day do all forty cards. Any missed go into week five. Any that you didn't miss for four weeks straight, put into your monthly pile and do those at the end of each month.
Any missed from the monthly pile can be added back into a new weekly pile as additional, because you should probably already mostly know that word. So that means Week X could have twelve or fourteen cards.

Through he repetitive nature, you will start to learn the words

Then as you learn enough words, you can start making phrase cards as well and do likewise. Like learn two to five phrases a day in addition to ten new words. This way your never overwhelmed and it doesn't eat up a lot of your day. Just minutes really on most days.

Good luck! let me know if you learn a foreign language.
Sep 3rd, 2021, 6:10 am

Testing, one, two, three.
Everything I post is always in good humor and fun.
Unless I'm on my soapbox screaming out crazy, and then well......
Nov 22nd, 2022, 5:59 pm
I think it trains your mental skills pretty well.
Nov 22nd, 2022, 5:59 pm