Talk about anything here as long as it is not against the rules. Post count not affected.
Feb 6th, 2013, 12:20 am
How to get rid of words from an image?

It can be done using the tool : Clone Stamp!  Image

The clone stamp tool allows you to duplicate part of an image (copy one area of an image onto another area).

The process involves setting a sampling point in the image which will be used as a reference to create a new cloned area.

But without compromising the image, that's gonna take some practice ...

Image   Image

Photoshop, The GIMP and Paint.NET; all have this tool.

Use Ctrl to set your sampling point in Paint.Net or The GIMP, and in Ps : Alt.
Feb 6th, 2013, 12:20 am
Feb 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm
That looks awesome, m0oh5....I'll try it out. Thanks. :)
Feb 6th, 2013, 4:29 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Feb 10th, 2013, 3:25 pm
How can we put a name or brand in a picture, in a certain angle?

Taking your example, how can be put 'Mobilism' on the packet (coffee?) that the boy is holding? The text isn't such a problem, it's the angel...
Feb 10th, 2013, 3:25 pm

Feb 12th, 2013, 3:25 am
How can we put a name or brand in a picture, in a certain angle in Paint.NET?

Open the image in Paint.NET

This one ...
      (Wasn't there "after" in this picture? :-| )

Add a new layer!

In the new layer : Type the text in approximately the right size.

Go to : Layers » Rotate / Zoom

Adjust the Roll / Rotate slider on the left. Hit OK when done.

(Drag the Rotate / Zoom window to the side to see what we're doing ;) )
      (Zoom slider to adjust size!)

Choose the tool : Image Move Selected Pixels

Left click (and hold ..) and drag the layer of the text over the background to where we want it.

Add another layer. Repeat steps ... :roll:

Finished? Go to File » Save As... And save the file as a .PNG (and/or as a .PDN file if you want to make changes later.)

- Bit depth = Autodetect and FLATTEN!

Fini! :lol:
Feb 12th, 2013, 3:25 am
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:01 am
In Photoshop, how can you change the background of a picture to transparency? I usually cut the whole image and paste it one a new canvas with transparent background but isn't there some way to do it directly?
Mar 24th, 2013, 11:01 am

This user is no longer updating his expired links.
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:04 pm
Leo Pacificus wrote:In Photoshop, how can you change the background of a picture to transparency?

Work with layers : background will have its own layer : adjust its transparency (0-255), switch it off and on, merge and delete it anytime you like!

In an existing image :
    Select the background (or the rest and ctrl-i invert your selection), and press ctrl-x to cut. You might want to add a new layer (shift-ctrl-n ?) and ctrl-v paste the background in the new layer for later use. Now find the transparency slider in layer properties, or turn off or delete the layer.
A new image:
    Ctrl-n new image, add a new layer before you do anything else. (Notice layer #0 is conveniently called 'background' and painted white for you.) For now we'll leave it, but just before you save your finished masterpiece, delete/turn off/.. this background layer. Create new layers for every element of you artwork : more layers, more!

Macs : ctrl = ⌘ ;)
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:04 pm
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:33 pm
Thanks, m0o5. I haven't worked much with layers in past but it seems like a very cool tool. :)
Mar 25th, 2013, 11:33 pm

This user is no longer updating his expired links.
Mar 26th, 2013, 9:42 am
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but basically, it says my avatar uploads successfully but yet it doesn't show up? Any idea why and how to fix it?
Mar 26th, 2013, 9:42 am

Don't forget to be awesome!
Please PM if the links don't work!
Mar 26th, 2013, 2:41 pm
caylaaahammm wrote:I don't know if I'm posting this in the right spot but basically, it says my avatar uploads successfully but yet it doesn't show up? Any idea why and how to fix it?

Basically not the right spot, indeed, but eventually there's a size or format reason... Meaning I'd like m0o5 to handle this one. Could you, please?

Mar 26th, 2013, 2:41 pm
Mar 26th, 2013, 5:41 pm
Yes I can!

Is it possible to post the image file here so i can give it a try?
Mar 26th, 2013, 5:41 pm
Mar 26th, 2013, 5:44 pm
This is it
Mar 26th, 2013, 5:44 pm

Mar 26th, 2013, 6:28 pm
Hmm, i saved the image to my phone and uploaded it as avatar in the User Control Panel ...

(it took a while because mobilism is a bit slow for me today .. For you too? Try 93.114.44.238 ;) )
Mar 26th, 2013, 6:28 pm
Mar 27th, 2013, 8:08 am
Don't know what changed, but it shows up just fine now. Thank you!
Mar 27th, 2013, 8:08 am