Nov 6th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Any news on Keigo Higashino's new book "The Newcomer" translated into English by Giles Murray?
Nov 6th, 2017, 12:59 pm
Nov 7th, 2017, 1:02 pm
It will be a detective Kaga's novel, like Malice; the publishing date on Amazon is November 20th 2018.

Here the synopsis:

Detective Kyochiro Kaga of the Tokyo Police Department has just been transferred to a new precinct in the Nihonbashi area of Tokyo. Newly arrived, but with a great deal of experience, Kaga is promptly assigned to the team investigating the murder of a woman. But the more he investigates, the greater number of potential suspects emerges. It isn’t long before it seems nearly all the people living and working in the business district of Nihonbashi have a motive for murder. To prevent the murderer from eluding justice, Kaga must unravel all the secrets surrounding a complicated life. Buried somewhere in the woman’s past, in her family history, and the last few days of her life is the clue that will lead to the murderer.

From the international bestseller Keigo Higashino, author of The Devotion of Suspect X, comes one of his finest works of crime fiction yet.
Nov 7th, 2017, 1:02 pm
Nov 7th, 2017, 1:10 pm
Thanks. I thought it was this year.

Fiordaliso wrote:It will be a detective Kaga's novel, like Malice; the publishing date on Amazon is November 20th 2018.

Here the synopsis:

Detective Kyochiro Kaga of the Tokyo Police Department has just been transferred to a new precinct in the Nihonbashi area of Tokyo. Newly arrived, but with a great deal of experience, Kaga is promptly assigned to the team investigating the murder of a woman. But the more he investigates, the greater number of potential suspects emerges. It isn’t long before it seems nearly all the people living and working in the business district of Nihonbashi have a motive for murder. To prevent the murderer from eluding justice, Kaga must unravel all the secrets surrounding a complicated life. Buried somewhere in the woman’s past, in her family history, and the last few days of her life is the clue that will lead to the murderer.

From the international bestseller Keigo Higashino, author of The Devotion of Suspect X, comes one of his finest works of crime fiction yet.
Nov 7th, 2017, 1:10 pm
Nov 9th, 2017, 12:19 pm
hercule_p2001 wrote:Thanks. I thought it was this year.

So did I.
Twelve months to go is a loooong time. ç.ç
Nov 9th, 2017, 12:19 pm
Jan 27th, 2018, 8:40 am
In Europe it will be released in September 2018. However there's a new one from a different series, Paradox 13.
Jan 27th, 2018, 8:40 am
Jun 9th, 2018, 11:59 am
Guby8 wrote:In Europe it will be released in September 2018. However there's a new one from a different series, Paradox 13.

Only in Spanish, I think.
I read a good Higashino's stand alone novel, La colpa (Guilt), but it was released in Italian only.
Jun 9th, 2018, 11:59 am
Aug 29th, 2018, 5:24 am
Available on Netgalley as Read now!
Aug 29th, 2018, 5:24 am
Oct 31st, 2018, 1:05 am
Keigo Higashino is a hack. He's like the Japanese version of James Paterson. . If you're looking for Japanese noir that is inspired, check out Fuminori Nakamura.
Oct 31st, 2018, 1:05 am
Nov 6th, 2018, 8:40 am
vs9 wrote:Keigo Higashino is a hack. He's like the Japanese version of James Paterson. . If you're looking for Japanese noir that is inspired, check out Fuminori Nakamura.

I'll check out Nakamura, but I don't consider Higashino a hack, and I think Newcomer, with the many small entangled stories that Kaga investigates to solve the murder, confirms it. :)

Also, for Italian speakers (or just reader ^^) on September 20th will be available L'emporio dei piccoli miracoli ("The little miracles' shop", more or less), a novel not translated in English, and also a NON detective novel. :)
Nov 6th, 2018, 8:40 am
Aug 24th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Hi, any news on a forthcoming Higashino's novel?
Aug 24th, 2020, 12:32 pm
Dec 27th, 2020, 9:35 am
Silent Parade is scheduled for October 5th. :)
It will be a Detective Galileo novel.
Sorry not to have more information. :)
Dec 27th, 2020, 9:35 am
Jan 14th, 2022, 5:42 pm
Higashino’s next translated novel will be Wings of the Kirin, due in December 13th.
It will be a detective Kaga novel, like Malice and Newcomer (which I loved).
Jan 14th, 2022, 5:42 pm