May 10th, 2021, 11:41 pm
Hi. What is the reason for the difference in number of results returned when you look at a member's profile and see, for instance, "Total posts: 300", but using the "Search user’s posts" link underneath that, you might find, "No suitable matches were found."

I'm sure this must have been explained elsewhere and probably more than once, but I haven't found it. Or maybe I've just forgotten. :lol: Thanks in advance.
May 10th, 2021, 11:41 pm

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
May 11th, 2021, 4:59 am
It would depend on whether you have access to the particular forums that the posts are in whether they show up in the "search user's posts". For example, mods and admins have access to the "Recycle Bin" which is where we move posts that are dead or not allowed, etc. We don't want to necessarily delete those posts immediately so they are "stored" in the Bin and purged later. So those posts still exist in the post count but the average viewer can't see them so for those viewers they don't show up when searching for posts, whereas if I was doing the search I would see them. In addition, if you have settings in your user control panel not to show certain sections (like the app posts, for example, or maybe you don't want to see the mag/newspaper posts) so you would not see any of the user's posts in those particular sections of the site.
May 11th, 2021, 4:59 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain