Jan 12th, 2013, 11:30 pm
You can request a new link on your own. From what I understand looking at the link is that it's messed up :/
Jan 12th, 2013, 11:30 pm

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Jan 13th, 2013, 1:50 am
gkkaren wrote:I notice that when an ebook request shows to be fulfilled, it is not available to everyone. When can someone other than the requestee download the same book?

It should be available to everyone - in it's new home, "Fulfilled Requests" or in a posted release.

Here is the way it works (or should be working :lol: )

* - A user is looking for a book.
* - AFTER searching for the book and not finding it listed, they make a request.
* - The request then (hopefully) gets fulfilled.
* - Rather that delete the fulfilled request, we move it to the "Fulfilled Requests" section. This way, others can also find/get the book.
* - If the book does not get posted, and the links in the fulfilled request go bad, THEN you can make another request for the same book.
* - There is really no point in making a request for a book that has live links, either in a posted release or a previously filled request.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. :D
Jan 13th, 2013, 1:50 am

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Jan 13th, 2013, 2:26 am
gkkaren wrote:Example-Bandits by Elmore Leonard is in the Request fulfilled section-fulfilled on 1/11. There is no where to request it.

that comes up both via google search "mobilism elmore leonard"

and via board search "elmore leonard".

in fulfilled requests.

edit: links seem to work fine too.
Jan 13th, 2013, 2:26 am

There's no review so damning as no one loving your work enough to preserve it.

- the external all my uploads lived on has died by cat. I'm unable to reupload anything from pre 2015.
Jan 13th, 2013, 2:28 am
zombocom wrote:
gkkaren wrote:Example-Bandits by Elmore Leonard is in the Request fulfilled section-fulfilled on 1/11. There is no where to request it.

that comes up both via google search "mobilism elmore leonard"

and via board search "elmore leonard".

in fulfilled requests.

My point exactly.
* - AFTER searching for the book and not finding it listed, they make a request.

A search by LAST NAME ONLY works best. Sometimes author first names get shortened to just an initial to fit the title into a post. (A search for "Leonard" will bring up ALL results, especially if the name got shortened to "E. Leonard", where a search by "elmore leonard" would NOT show any that were shortened to "E. Leonard")
Jan 13th, 2013, 2:28 am

"We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us." - Addams Family
Jan 13th, 2013, 4:30 am
And don't search just "ebooks" in the dropdown in the upper left of the page, but under "normal".

Fulfilled ebook requests don't show up if just searching "ebooks".
Jan 13th, 2013, 4:30 am
Jan 13th, 2013, 5:17 am
That too would make a difference as well.
Jan 13th, 2013, 5:17 am

Check ALL links before sending me a ReUPLOAD request.
Jan 13th, 2013, 5:28 am
petemills wrote:And don't search just "ebooks" in the dropdown in the upper left of the page, but under "normal".

Fulfilled ebook requests don't show up if just searching "ebooks".

good catch, that is pretty counterintuitive. i'd never tried searching that way, but if i were, i'd have assumed they were included in results.
Jan 13th, 2013, 5:28 am

There's no review so damning as no one loving your work enough to preserve it.

- the external all my uploads lived on has died by cat. I'm unable to reupload anything from pre 2015.