Jan 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm
Do you guys know any app or plugin to remove drm from 1.39 kindle version? I had to upgrade my pc kindle version because the older one didnt let me download any more books. My calibre recognize the file but it cant remove the drm, I can only get a kfx-zip file wich I cant open or convert
Jan 5th, 2023, 3:33 pm
Jan 5th, 2023, 5:19 pm
Looks like some recent changes by Amazon on January 1st.
Calibre or ePUBor both do not work anymore for me either for any book released after January 1st.
Jan 5th, 2023, 5:19 pm

Rules so tight, they could squeeze a lemon dry. Ever chill out, or is that against policy too?
Jan 5th, 2023, 9:50 pm
Looks like the only way right now is to have old e-ink Kindle, register it, and use Download For USB transfer option. This way AZW file is downloaded.
So far there is no solution on DeDRM site. Developer is aware of the issue though.

Edit - as of yesterday, Amazon doesn't let Kindle Unlimited books to be downloaded through above option. Only purchased books.
Jan 5th, 2023, 9:50 pm

Hi! - IF YOU LIKE MY RELEASES PLEASE CLICK THE THANK YOU BUTTON

If ALL my Links are down, press REUPLOAD button!
Jan 24th, 2023, 2:28 pm
So I'm guessing that the "smart people" haven't figured out a work around this yet.....
Jan 24th, 2023, 2:28 pm
Jan 27th, 2023, 6:01 am
rpm2blues wrote:So I'm guessing that the "smart people" haven't figured out a work around this yet.....

Only way with KINDLE unlimited is to use sufficiently old Kindle device, which can't download new KFX and connect it with cable.
Jan 27th, 2023, 6:01 am

Hi! - IF YOU LIKE MY RELEASES PLEASE CLICK THE THANK YOU BUTTON

If ALL my Links are down, press REUPLOAD button!
Jan 28th, 2023, 12:59 pm
Effectively this new policy by Amazon means that customers who don't own a Kindle, can not download kindle ebooks to their devices anymore. I use a Kobo Sage. So I no longer will buy my books at Amazon Kindle store. I guess that in the end Amazon will loose more than they hoped to gain by these measures.
I suppose it must also mean that the supply of titles here will diminish (Amazon: exactly, this proves the validity of our policy).
Jan 28th, 2023, 12:59 pm
Jan 28th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Somewhere, sometime, someone will find away around it all.
Jan 28th, 2023, 3:12 pm
Jan 30th, 2023, 7:53 am
Beetzart wrote:Effectively this new policy by Amazon means that customers who don't own a Kindle, can not download kindle ebooks to their devices anymore. I use a Kobo Sage. So I no longer will buy my books at Amazon Kindle store. I guess that in the end Amazon will loose more than they hoped to gain by these measures.
I suppose it must also mean that the supply of titles here will diminish (Amazon: exactly, this proves the validity of our policy).

PURCHASED ebooks can still be downloaded and transferred via USB.
Jan 30th, 2023, 7:53 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Jan 30th, 2023, 9:17 am

My experience tells me otherwise.
I bought a book on Saturday. It was a recently published book, i.e. after january the 3d.
Amazon forced me to upgrade the Kindle for Pc app to the latest version, I couldn't download it with previous installed versions. After downloading with this latest version I find in 'My Kindle Content' directory a B0BQCQQ9HT_EBOK sub directory. In there is a file xxxxxxxx.azw.md and a B0BQCQQ9HT_EBOK.mbpV2 file. I can't load either of them in Calibre which I use to transfer to my Kobo Sage ereader.

Finally I canceled my order.
Jan 30th, 2023, 9:17 am
Jan 30th, 2023, 6:22 pm
Weekly new releases are still getting uploaded though.
Although I’ve noticed no major uploaders are commenting on the current situation, or where they are purchasing the books from.
I’ve not bought anything since December, when I do if I can’t remove drm or transfer to pc I’ll be getting a refund.
Jan 30th, 2023, 6:22 pm
Jan 31st, 2023, 12:17 am
Beetzart wrote:

I bought a book on Saturday. It was a recently published book, i.e. after january the 3d.
Amazon forced me to upgrade the Kindle for Pc app to the latest version, I couldn't download it with previous installed versions. After downloading with this latest version I find in 'My Kindle Content' directory a B0BQCQQ9HT_EBOK sub directory. In there is a file xxxxxxxx.azw.md and a B0BQCQQ9HT_EBOK.mbpV2 file. I can't load either of them in Calibre which I use to transfer to my Kobo Sage ereader.

My apologies. I was referring to Kindle ereaders. K4PC is a different kind of hell. I should have been clear.
Jan 31st, 2023, 12:17 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Jan 31st, 2023, 4:41 pm
No apologies needed. The whole situation is a mess. I will probably order the basic Kindle 11th generation and when it has arrived will find out how to go from there.

Anonyma'am wrote:
Beetzart wrote:

My apologies. I was referring to Kindle ereaders. K4PC is a different kind of hell. I should have been clear.
Jan 31st, 2023, 4:41 pm
Apr 9th, 2023, 5:03 am
Hi all. I have a retail Kindle book (I bought it) because Big A was the only findable source for this ebook (earlier work of a now-successful Australian author)..

I'm a pure "sideloader to non-proprietary e-reader" person, and Calibre can't convert Amazon KFX content. The internet seems to be chocker with hints and tips - I've managed to download and install an earlier version of Kindle Desktop but that's where my alleged skills run out.

Is there anyone here who has managed KFX conversion? Can provide the retail file (B09N22JBYC_EBOK.azw
and 311 KB) and I'm happy to leave the upping and Warez to the converter also.

Info 1: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283371
Info 2: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352278

FINAL EDIT - having seen other posts further down the main page, I've found that this is one big whirling furball of doom and there's probably no real fix yet. *SIGH* So I've "returned" the purchased book for refund - citing compatibility issues - fingers crossed. I also have a copy/paste of the file named above elsewhere (not My Kindle Content) if anyone wants to play with it.

FINAL FINAL EDIT: another most awesome person on this forum found my book at another site so my KFX conversion issue is no longer personal and immediate. However, Amazon unilaterally excluding non-Kindle users from their ebooks is another issue and I hope and pray every day that their bowels may gush out.

Cheers, H
Apr 9th, 2023, 5:03 am
May 11th, 2023, 8:41 am
Recently I purchased an ebook from Amazon. In the past, I have used Calibre on my PC to convert the purchased book into other formats that suit me. I have been able to do this by using version 1.17.0 of the Kindle app for PC and Apprentice Alf plugin in Calibre. This no longer works for my recent Amazon purchase, which requires me to update Kindle for PC to the latest version to even open and read the ebook on my PC with the Kindle app. I suspect, I will also no longer be able to convert the Amazon ebook to other formats that suit me better once I can open it. The only thing I can find on the internet is that Amazon changed things around January 2023 for all books new since then.

Does anyone have any advice to help me with this problem. The advice on the internet is all prior to 2023, but none is a solution to my current problem. DRM is the problem, though in law, removing DRM from an ebook is not illegal, but unfortunately the Amazon model has a different view of the world when purchasing ebooks. HELP!

PS I posted this in another thread, but this thread more accurately reflects my problem.
May 11th, 2023, 8:41 am

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.
May 11th, 2023, 9:01 am
May 11th, 2023, 9:01 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.