May 30th, 2020, 5:38 am
If a magazine is posted in non-retail quality, a new release with retail PDF will be allowed.

Does this rule apply to print screens (=image files) turned into a "retail" PDF?
May 30th, 2020, 5:38 am

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
May 30th, 2020, 8:16 am
marooned2 wrote:
If a magazine is posted in non-retail quality, a new release with retail PDF will be allowed.

Does this rule apply to print screens (=image files) turned into a "retail" PDF?

It applies to all bad quality files.
May 30th, 2020, 8:16 am
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:28 am
I see.
I remember a user who used to post a few magz which were nothing else than webp (=images) merged into a PDF even though those same magz could've been posted in a "retail" quality, that is, as clear text and lighter PDFs. Things like this still happen in Magz&Papers section, btw.

Here's an example:
http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=C3LMJCLT (img2PDF, zoomed at 300%)
http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=L1AQ (True PDF, zoomed at 300%)
Jun 4th, 2020, 8:28 am

Jun 4th, 2020, 9:33 am
marooned2 wrote:I see.
I remember a user who used to post a few magz which were nothing else than webp (=images) merged into a PDF even though those same magz could've been posted in a "retail" quality, that is, as clear text and lighter PDFs. Things like this still happen in Magz&Papers section, btw.

Actually, the user you mention and his actions were the origin of the Rules amendment on August 1st, 2018 (see changelog). The resulting text had the full consensus and support of all staff members, our top priority was to prevent similar scams in the future.

In short, what the rules say is that if you have a retail file, obviously of higher quality than the non-retail already posted, it will be allowed. You must send a private message to a moderator, please remember that we do not download all uploaded files to compare qualities unless the file has been reported, thanks.
Jun 4th, 2020, 9:33 am
Jun 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Thanks a lot for the explanation! Defo clears up the situation for me.
I was actually talking about another user who posted only a few magz last year but I'm sure it's the same scenario as in 2018: if some posters can't offer a decent copy of a mag or paper, why they bother posting low quality PDFs in the first place?

Just like you, I don't DL every file, but I'll defo PM a Mod if I can replace a bad quality PDF with a proper one.
edit: just did. 8)
Jun 5th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Jun 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm
If we are translating a book to English along with an audiobook, where to add them in the forum so others can also read and enjoy.
Jun 24th, 2020, 2:31 pm

Kalki's Parthiban Kanavu - English translation and Audiobook
https://kalkisparthibankanavu.blogspot.com/
https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist=PLV2fikz6z69R_JQyRzLv2UrVV6_obJtyk
Jun 24th, 2020, 2:59 pm
sandyriv wrote:If we are translating a book to English along with an audiobook, where to add them in the forum so others can also read and enjoy.

All new releases must be posted in the eBook Releases section, where they will be checked and moved to the proper category/forum by a moderator.

For more information, please see the Posting Rules and Guidelines.
Jun 24th, 2020, 2:59 pm
Jun 29th, 2020, 12:10 pm
Dear Moderator,

I did have followed your "Download Instruction" to disable the adblocker/popups setting on my google chrome.
But, why I still could not download from some filehosts such as "dropapk", "uploadrar", or "mega4up"?
After I click the correct "dowloand link" (as your explanation on each filehost guidance) and waiting for a couple secs, they always reply with "network connection error". Even I have retried more than ten times !

Filehosts
Requests for one specific host are not allowed. Not all our members have access to all filehosts due to local restrictions, but all our members should have equal opportunities to fill requests.
Exceptions:
Mention of file hosts to be avoided due to the requester's own country's restrictions is allowed.
Mention of favourite file hosts is allowed, as long as the number is 2 or larger.
Note to fulfillers: uploading to temporary hosts is not allowed. Please ensure that your links will last.

Based on the above exception rule, can I request within an ebook request post for a specific filehost that is easier for me to download?

Help me please.
Thanks
Jun 29th, 2020, 12:10 pm
Jun 29th, 2020, 2:22 pm
greenbananas wrote:Based on the above exception rule, can I request within an ebook request post for a specific filehost that is easier for me to download?

From the RULES:
  • Mention of file hosts to be avoided due to the requester's own country's restrictions is allowed.
  • Mention of favourite file hosts is allowed, as long as the number is 2 or larger.

As requestor, you have the right to different options, but I am sure you understand that fulfillers who may be affected by local restrictions will need options as well.

PS, check your browser settings, something is preventing your Chrome from working with some of the easiest filehosts. (probable cause)
Jun 29th, 2020, 2:22 pm
Jul 11th, 2020, 12:15 am
Do i have to wait 2 weeks before requesting the same book if someone else had withdrawn their request?
Jul 11th, 2020, 12:15 am
Jul 11th, 2020, 10:11 am
Sobele wrote:Do i have to wait 2 weeks before requesting the same book if someone else had withdrawn their request?

Of course not, whatever the reason for the original requestor to withdraw the request, it doesn't help you or the section in any way unless they actually posted a release with the book. If this is not the case and the book is not posted, request away!
Jul 11th, 2020, 10:11 am
Jul 12th, 2020, 7:30 am
I can't see the blue ticks (for premium accounts) for any post since last night. Is anyone else having the same problem?
Jul 12th, 2020, 7:30 am
Jul 12th, 2020, 9:21 am
lion.king wrote:I can't see the blue ticks (for premium accounts) for any post since last night. Is anyone else having the same problem?

We are still trying to figure out why this happens to some Firefox users but not all, in the meantime please use another browser.

Edit: I have received notice from multiple users that the problem also happens with Safari and Edge, but the arrows still show (mostly) on Chrome, Opera, Brave and Vivaldi.
Jul 12th, 2020, 9:21 am
Jul 12th, 2020, 4:06 pm
Edit: I have received notice from multiple users that the problem also happens with Safari and Edge, but the arrows still show (mostly) on Chrome, Opera, Brave and Vivaldi.

I am experiencing the same (more than mostly) with Chrome. :(
Jul 12th, 2020, 4:06 pm

'I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.'
Jorge Luis Borges