The popular software for downloading packages and apps
Sep 28th, 2011, 1:13 pm
I had jailbroken my phone 3 months ago. I have Installous installed. All on a sudden I am missing Cydia icon in my phone. I tried couple of times to power off and restart, that did not help. Can any one show me a way to get my Cydia back other than jailbreaking once again?

Thanks
Sep 28th, 2011, 1:13 pm
Sep 29th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Thanks Moderator for the topic link. I admit that I have very little knowledge about Linux, except following certain commands that were provided to me. Because of the mere fact that I do not see Cydia icon, I do not have access to SSH in iphone. I do not remember if I had installed SSH using Cydia. I can say with certainity that my phone is jailbroken, because I can use PDAnet as well as Installous. Nevertheless I tried to connect to Iphone via USB and Iphone Tunnel Suite/WinSCP/Putty, but was not successful. Please help me to accomplish what I need.

Thanks again.
Sep 29th, 2011, 2:08 pm
Oct 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm
Thanks ga!nusha!
Restarted jailbreak process and chose Simple instead of expert mode. Went through a lot of Itunes errors #3904 & #1601. Somehow got out of DFU mode and after restarting the phone, I did a search for Cydia. Voila! I am very happy and excited to get back Cydia icon.
Oct 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm