Jan 2nd, 2020, 5:01 am
Jan 3rd, 2020, 11:29 pm
Persepolis Rising by James S.A Corey
Jan 3rd, 2020, 11:29 pm
Feb 19th, 2020, 5:15 am
The Meaning of Marriage - Timothy Keller
Feb 19th, 2020, 5:15 am
May 1st, 2020, 6:04 am
He`s Lying Sis: Uncover the Truth Behind His Words and Actions written by Stephan Labossiere 
May 1st, 2020, 6:04 am
May 6th, 2020, 5:22 pm
Audiobook:
"Let`s Talk Money: You`ve Worked Hard for It, Now Make It Work for You"
Book by Monika Halan
May 6th, 2020, 5:22 pm
May 15th, 2020, 5:28 am
Am currently reading WORD BY WORD by Kory Stamper. So much fun! She’s a lexicographer working for the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Here, she’s attending one of her trainee sessions shortly after she was hired.
One of the first things every lexicographer must do in their Style and Defining class is face their own linguistic prejudices and be willing to suspend or revise them in light of evidence to the contrary.

For me, this came down to the word “good.” In one of our early Style and Defining classes, Gil bellowed the word at us. “Adjective or adverb?” he asked.

There was a pause—everyone knows the answer to this, I thought; is this a trick question?—and I stepped into the breach. “It’s an adjective,” I said, memories of some language arts teacher from years past barking “Well! Well!” at me every time I said, “I don’t feel good.” You feel well, because “well” is an adverb; you don’t feel good, despite what James Brown proclaims, because “good” is an adjective.

“What about ‘I’m doing good’?” he asked. “Isn’t that adverbial?”

I felt not so good: that was adverbial. “But,” I reasoned, “you’re not supposed to say that. You should say ‘I’m doing well.’ ”

He smacked his lips. “And do you say ‘I’m doing well,’ or do you say ‘I’m doing good’?” He looked pointedly at me. We both knew that I had—just five minutes earlier!—answered his question about how I was doing with the grammar practice with “I’m doing good.”
May 15th, 2020, 5:28 am
May 16th, 2020, 1:33 am
Normal people, Sally Rooney, mp3 please, before I give in & watch the TV adaptation, Thank you kind people x
May 16th, 2020, 1:33 am
May 18th, 2020, 3:57 pm
#request When Blood Breaks Down: Life Lessons from Leukemia (The MIT Press) By Mikkael A Sekeres
May 18th, 2020, 3:57 pm
May 25th, 2020, 10:02 am
I am the appropriate reviewer for this book. In that effort, I struggled through the book's first half, at which point I gave up. I tried to honor its spirit - the dedicated market (India) and its limited audience (tyro investors) - but this book is long on talk and short on specific help. It is remedial but not pointed (how is that even possible?), folksy but uninvolving.

So it seems this reply IS my review of Let's Talk Money: You've Worked Hard for It, Now Make It Work for You by Monika Halan...
Avoid. Obtain its purported insights from other, better books.

Dronzerr wrote:Audiobook:
"Let`s Talk Money: You`ve Worked Hard for It, Now Make It Work for You"
Book by Monika Halan
May 25th, 2020, 10:02 am
May 25th, 2020, 10:06 am
Don't hesitate and just watch the TV series! It offers a surfeit of excellent production values, fine acting, interesting story-telling, and a large improvement on the novel. Even though all the silly nonsensical gibberish remains in both versions (book and TV series).

Tru42 wrote:Normal people, Sally Rooney, mp3 please, before I give in & watch the TV adaptation, Thank you kind people x
May 25th, 2020, 10:06 am
May 25th, 2020, 10:08 am
We lack a reviewer sufficiently credentialed to review this book. Sorry.

Nadjib86 wrote:#request When Blood Breaks Down: Life Lessons from Leukemia (The MIT Press) By Mikkael A Sekeres
May 25th, 2020, 10:08 am