Chick lit, historical, contemporary, fantasy, time-travel, paranormal romance
Mar 30th, 2020, 4:31 pm
The Royal Occult Bureau Series by Barbara Russell (1-7)
Requirements: epub/azw3/mobi reader, 1.7 mB
Overview: I'm an entomologist and a soil biologist, which is a fancy way to say that I dig in the dirt, looking for bugs. Nature and books have always been my passion.
Genre: Romance

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1. The Royal Occult Bureau - London 1887
My name is Asia Quicksilver, and my life has never been a bed of roses. Well, I spent a lot of time in a bed, but not to sleep. As a whore of the luxurious brothel De Luna House, I’ve seen a lot of action in the bedsheets . Not that I’m planning to whore myself forever. Once I set aside enough pounds to move out of London, I’ll start afresh.
My little plan goes out of the window when a handsome and menacing man asks to be my exclusive client. I can’t refuse. The pay is too good.
Except that he doesn’t just want to tell me his name, but he doesn’t want to touch me. He doesn’t undress me. He doesn’t even want to see me naked. It’s the first time I meet a man who pays good money to watch me read a book.
Apparently, he’s interested only in sitting in my bedroom for the whole night. When he claims that an incubus is after me, I don’t believe him. He must be another one of those opium addicts that cram London’s streets.
But after a man with uncanny strength, speed, and charm attacks me, I wonder if my new, dark client is right.

2. Quicksilver - London, 1888
After years of working and living in a brothel, I—Asia Quicksilver, the orphan who was called after a continent and a chemical element—finally have a normal job that doesn’t require to remove my clothes. But am I happy as the housekeeper of the elusive Mr Evander Lynch? Not really.
The pay is good and the job easy, but every time I’m close to Mr Lynch, odd visions of us together flash in my mind, as if I met him before he hired me. And I feel this cursed tug in my chest that pulls me towards him. But does he spare me a glance? Not at all.
I finally get his attention when I stumble upon the remains of a mutilated corpse in an alley. Mr Lynch becomes very protective of me. Which is deuced good. Because the maniac who killed all those whores months ago is back.

3. The Beat of a Man's Heart - ~She never trusted men until she met the one who gave her his heart~
London, 1888
Charlotte
Every man is a swine. That’s what I learned growing up in London’s streets. Having solicited myself at De Luna House for years didn’t change my opinion on men, even though I left the brothel and I’m looking for another job.
In fact, after discovering that the world is full of Unnaturals—creatures like vampires and witches that I thought belonged to cheap novels and penny dreadfuls—I believe that even Unnatural males are swine.
Yet Jasper, the captain of a Royal Occult Bureau team of agents who chase evil Unnaturals, might be an exception. When he asks me to pose as his girlfriend to avoid the unwanted advances of a few ladies, I accept. The man is kind and handsome, a rare combination in my experience.
But then a wili—a female spirit who hates men and protects women—starts killing off people, and Jasper decides to investigate. I find myself conflicted. The wili is slaying violent men who hit their wives, and I’m not sure I want to stop her.
And most importantly, I’m not sure I can pretend that I don’t want a fumble with Jasper.

4. The Kiss Thief - London, 1887
Portia
As a young debutante, I’m supposed to sip champagne, dance, and meet interesting gentlemen. Except that with the constant company of Scot—my brooding, handsome bodyguard who protects me from vampires and other Unnaturals—I can barely chat with my girlfriends. The fact that I try desperately to attract Scot’s attention only adds frustration to my not-so-enjoyable season. The man doesn’t seem to notice me. So I make a wish, hoping to steal a kiss a from him, but accidentally I summon a lilath, a capricious fairy with no sense of humour. And Scot and I find ourselves trapped in the lilath’s enchanted forest. The payment for our freedom is more than a kiss.

5. On the Origin of Unnatural Species - As a scientist who studies Unnatural creatures, I feel more comfortable in a laboratory than in the middle of a fight like other occult agents. But when I meet Zephyrus—an emotion vampire, caged and abused by thugs who traffic Unnaturals—I must help him escape.
Emotion vampires don’t suck blood but feelings, and after, in a moment of weakness, I offered Zephyrus to feed on my emotions, a strange connection between us starts. He can’t stop searching for me. He can’t stop craving for my feelings. Even worse, the thugs who took him are after me now. And the worst thing? Maybe I’m falling for him.

6. By the Pricking of My Thumbs - London, 1888
Determined to help other witches hunted by the Royal Occult Bureau like me, I stalk London’s streets at night to steal from the wealthy toffs to pay the exorbitant fees required by the Royal Occult Bureau.
Occult agents search for me, want me dead or alive. But so far, I’ve been too fast and too smart for them. Except for one agent. Lord Lucius Deveraux Viscount of Cranbourne, also known as the Vicious Viscount, wants to catch me no matter what.
When my grandmother decides to move out of London—sans me—leaving me socially unprotected and financially destitute, I find myself in need of a husband—society and its rules! And who is the first and only one to propose? The Vicious Viscount. But since there is nothing as likely to succeed as what the enemy believes you cannot attempt, I marry him. Not because I find him attractive, that’s ridiculous. But it’s best to keep my fiercest enemy close.
Unaware that I’m the witch he’s hunting, he welcomes me in his house. And I’m using ‘welcome’ loosely. He’s as stiff as a rod and as icy as a wine cellar. Sneaking out at night has become difficult with Deveraux watching my every move, but on the bright side, I can keep a strict watch on him.
Although, if I’m being honest with myself, a side of me wants to challenge him. Another wants to ravish him.

7. Mrs Lynch - London, 1888
I always keep my promises, so when I said that I was going to cause a riot in the Royal Occult Bureau for not allowing women to fight, I meant it. But the head of the bureau doesn’t want to hear any nonsense about equal opportunities for men and women. Nonsense, he says!
He offers me a deal. If I solve the case about strange noises and howls coming from a painting in the National Gallery, he’ll consider giving the female agents a rise. If I fail, female agents will keep pushing papers in the bureau. Did I mention that I’m pregnant with an Unnatural baby? No pressure then, especially since Unnatural pregnancies are usually lethal for the mother.
Of course, my handsome husband is working with me, which should give me the perfect occasion to tell him the news. News that will give him a fit.
That’s enough to make a girl think about a holiday.

Download Instructions:
https://www.upload-4ever.com/2x2rrpdj3dae
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/5czgb6uwqlhk
Mar 30th, 2020, 4:31 pm
Sep 30th, 2020, 4:30 pm
added

3. The Beat of a Man's Heart
Sep 30th, 2020, 4:30 pm
Nov 30th, 2020, 4:53 pm
ADDED
4. The Kiss Thief
Nov 30th, 2020, 4:53 pm