Chick lit, historical, contemporary, fantasy, time-travel, paranormal romance
May 14th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Shattered Pawns Series by Jennifer Cody (1-4)
Requirements: epub/azw3/mobi reader, 1.8 MB
Overview:Jennifer Cody writes gay romance of a variety of sub-genres, though her favorite is paranormal/urban fantasy. She uses her husband's vast knowledge of all things man and mechanical to help her write, but takes literary license with her characters because they're romantic heroes, thereby making him shake his head in disbelief almost as often as she causes his incredulous laughter.
Genre: Romance MMM

ImageImageImageImage

1. Pass - Luca:
I’ve lived my life in the pursuit of justice. I worked my way from the police academy to detective to the leader of the organized crime task force. Then six weeks ago all that career momentum came to a screeching halt after someone set off a car bomb across the street from L.L. Security. That event changed everything for me. Six weeks of fear, looking over my shoulder, and pretending my world hasn’t crumbled down around my ears. Sometimes I wish I’d never heard of L.L. Security, sometimes I’m glad I at least know how dangerous this world really is. I may be the only detective who can see the wings on the body in my crime scene, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to find the guy’s killer even if my Captain keeps trying to erase my memories with magic.
Auggie:
Something is wrong with my roommate, but every time I ask, Luca says he’s fine. I want him to confide in me, but expecting him to talk to me when I’ve been hiding secrets from him for years seems a bit hypocritical. I have enough patience to wait until he’s ready to talk. The Chimera inside me isn’t in a hurry to mate him anyway, at least not until he comes home tasting just right. Luca kissed someone else and now the beast inside me is ready to take them both and make them mine.
Tio:
After my father sold my brother to the youngest prince of Morgaine, the Elven Realm, I thought it would take me a decade at least to buy him back, but my employer tussled with the wrong Headsman—well, Headsmen. Erroll’s execution relieves me of the contract I had with him, but it puts me and my brothers in infinitely more danger. My father is coming, one of my brothers won’t talk to me, the other doesn’t know who I am, and controlling my extra arms has become an exercise in futility; kissing Chimeras is not normal for me. I promise.

2. Capture - Monet:
Qis is everything I have ever desired in a mate. The lovely little snake shifter ticks all my boxes: the ones that make me want to wrap him up in a warm blanket and the ones that make me want to blanket him myself. I’d love to bathe in the ache of his tortured soul. His emotional pain calls to the most basic desires I have. What I want—no, what I need more than anything else is to take care of him. I’m going to connect with him; I’m going to make him feel his pain and learn to love it. I’ll shatter him from the inside out and then put the pieces back together just the way he needs them.
War is coming to Houston, and I’m the man Fate sent to defend the city. Who better than an Ouroboros to stand by my side?
Qis:
Meeting Monet forces me to look in the mirror, but all I see is a stranger. Not just the person on the inside; the man on the outside is just as foreign. I don’t know if I trust him as much as he wants me to, but giving him my heart, soul, and body isn’t a choice. The Fates have woven our strings together, and they don’t seem to care how weird that is. He shatters me and feeds my soul, but time is running out on us.
My father is bringing war to Houston, and Monet has to be there. I may not know how I can help, but I’ll stand by his side to the end and devour anyone that gets in my way.

3. Promote - Kim:
Overseeing the Houston Hub of the Non-human Community comes with challenges I couldn’t have predicted even if I’d bothered looking into my own future. Pixies and gods are dropping all around me, and trying to pin down the person responsible is giving me a headache. When Ryan Reinhardt barrels into my life, I’m too busy and too distracted to give in to his flirting, but Ryan’s not the type to let me ignore him. No matter what else is happening, Ryan can turn every eye toward him–if that’s what he wants. He’s personable, charismatic, and fun–everything I’m not, but for some reason, Fate has chosen me for him. Fear isn’t an emotion I’m very familiar with, but mating Ryan? That scares me more than the Diviner trying to turn Houston to rubble.
Ryan:
It takes me less than a day to turn the non-human community on its head. Scratch that, I have this community jumping to obey within four hours. I didn’t mean to target their overseer; I had no intention of getting involved at all, but the moment I laid eyes on Kim Marduke, I knew he was the one for me. Fated mates; it’s a non-human thing apparently. I may not have planned to become the queen of Houston, but I’m nothing if not adaptable. Fighting against an insane Diviner might get us all killed, but fighting for him to preserve my mate bond? Well, I can’t complain if I don’t exist. The Void is calling, and we’re all going to answer the summons.

4. Shah Mat - Den:
What does one do when they're responsible for the death of their chosen mate? Kill a god, steal his powers, and reset the timeline, of course. What does one do when their chosen mate keeps throwing away his life to save the universe? Reset the timeline forty two times, obviously. I’m not letting Monet sacrifice himself because I made a mistake that ended the universe. I’m not letting any of my family sacrifice themselves to save the universe, and if I have to kill a thousand gods to save them from their hero-complexes? Done. I might be on the verge of villainy, but I have my priorities in line.
Slean:
What does a diviner do when the love of his mate’s life dies in the apocalypse? Kill three gods, steal their powers, and change the fate of the world, of course. What does he do when his mate’s the one responsible for starting the apocalypse? Everything he can to fix it, obviously. I’m not going to let the universe end. I’m not going to watch my family die because of my mate’s choices, and if I have to create a few new Aquinos to do it? Done. It might make me insane, but I’ll do anything for Den’s happiness, even if that means becoming the villain in my own story.

Download Instructions:
https://www.upload-4ever.com/tmvstr628lc8
https://uploadrar.com/heeo7fubbjzt

Trouble downloading? Read This.
May 14th, 2021, 3:06 pm