Chick lit, historical, contemporary, fantasy, time-travel, paranormal romance
Jun 30th, 2021, 3:10 pm
The Lord Byron Series by Gretta Curran Browne (Books 1-7)
Requirements: .ePUB reader, 2.5 MB
Overview:Gretta. Your Byron series captured so much emotion! Empathy, anger at mother who spent her life tormenting and belittling a child she brought into the world, elation that such a child grew up to success, kindness, drive to succeed, a devout friend to most who befriended him. Yet, a man whose heart was shadowed by sorrow. How did you research an individual from that time period? How much time did that research
Genre: Fiction > Romance

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

A STRANGE BEGINNING 1
He was later to become known as "The most beautiful and most famous man in England" -- but not yet....
As a boy he thought his name was George Gordon, but that wasn't true. He thought he would grow up poor, but that also wasn't true. Long before he rose from obscurity to poetic stardom and became Britain's first superstar, he had learned that his true surname was Byron

A STRANGE WORLD 2
At twenty-seven, Lady Caroline Lamb reads the story of a young aristocrat's strange journey through unknown and barbaric parts of Europe in a new book, "Childe Harold's Pilgrimage," so wildly different to anything else she had ever read, she declared to the world that in her opinion, the author would certainly be "mad, bad, and dangerous to know." A few weeks later she actually meets him, and becomes obsessed to the point of erotomania.
Returning from the wilds of Albania to a life of luxury as one of the beau monde in Regency London, George Gordon Lord Byron is astounded at the burst of fame that engulfs him on the publication of his tale of foreign lands in Childe Harold's Pilgrimage. "I awoke one morning and found myself famous."

MAD, BAD, AND DELIGHTFUL TO KNOW 3
Perfect for fans of POLDARK and DOWNTON ABBEY
Living amongst the richest people of the highest strata of London Society and being fallen over by its glamorous women, Lord Byron, the "Idol Poet" like no other, has never quite got over the raw emotions of his unrequited love for his country cousin Mary Chaworth.
Until they meet again, and Mary finds new hope for a happier life with the man she had once rejected as a teenage boy, and now deeply loves.
Byron brings down the wrath of the newspapers for using his poetry to criticise the bloated Prince Regent, and speak up for the starving English poor; but the attacks on his name do not trouble him at all.
Although he remains troubled by Lady Caroline Lamb, who is now stick-thin and gaunt-faced from the pain of her insane love for him; hiding in his publisher's waiting room and sneakily following him through the streets, until he complains in a letter to Lady Melbourne – "I am being haunted by a skeleton!"

A RUNAWAY STAR 4
What really stands out to make this so much more readable than a simple biography is the artistic license used to bring Byron and his contemporaries to life, lighting them up with fantastic dialogue, beautiful views of Regency England and Europe, and the society-obsessed way of life that he often raged against in his own way. I really appreciated the gossipy nature of the work and its focus on reputation and social standing, which will surely please fans of classics like the works of Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters. Overall, I would definitely recommend "A Runaway Star" to fans of the existing series, but also to anyone looking to enter the world of historical writing with an accomplished author. Reviewed By K.C. Finn for Readers’ Favorite

A MAN OF NO COUNTRY 5
Based on their own words in the letters and journals of Byron, Shelley, and Mary, the author brings the reader inside the Villa Diodati to vividly share in the world of these leading icons of the Romantic Movement during that famous summer in Geneva in 1816.
Reviewed By K.C. Finn for READERS' FAVORITE "A Man of No Country is a biographical novel by author Gretta Curran Browne. It is the fifth book in a series chronicling the life of the British poet and writer Lord Byron, carefully researched and based on the evidence of his life and the writings of his peers. In this installment, which can be read as a standalone volume, we join Byron in Switzerland as he says goodbye to life in England. This is where he meets Percy Bysshe Shelley, Mary Godwin (aka Mary Shelley) and Claire Clairmont. The story follows the journey of an incredible summer of creativity, passion and art in a bittersweet summer that was iconic to Byron’s life.

ANOTHER KIND OF LIGHT 6
Every part of Venice is reflected in his poetry – walking across the bridge that connects the Doge's Palace to the prisons from which none returned, he invented the name that made it famous all over the world - "The Bridge of Sighs" - because of the sad sighs, he believed, those condemned prisoners would release on seeing Venice and freedom for the last time while crossing the bridge.

NO MOON AT MIDNIGHT 7
Two young people - married unhappily to contrary spouses - but now desperately in love with each other, living in a time when wedlock was a padlock for life with no opening key.
For Lord Byron, Teresa Guiccioli is not his only love; he also loves Italy, and cares for the Italian people who are now under the crushing rule of Austria. Can he fight the Austrians with scathing poetry, or join the secret Italian organisation of the 'Carbonari' who are preparing to take back their country with war?
Yet it is while he is in Italy that his own nation of Britain makes a huge political request of him – insisting he is the only man who can do it – and so once again he dons the red military uniform of a commissioned British officer and leaves Italy for Greece, knowing that the hardest stage of his journey still stretches ahead.Will Teresa wait for him?
"If I am a poet, Greece made me one. It was there I wrote my first successful poem, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage."

Download Instructions:
(Filehost down) http://www.centfile.com/z2rp5f6bgse9

Mirror:
https://www.restfilee.com/sd49dlhkflbs

Trouble downloading? Read This.
Jun 30th, 2021, 3:10 pm