May 10th, 2021, 5:49 am
Is it woth it? pls let me know :)
May 10th, 2021, 5:49 am
Jun 27th, 2021, 5:06 pm
Depends on your reading habits. I read on my phone and my wife used to. I gave her a kindle a year ago and she likes it better.

We read mostly at night so the backlight is very nice. But if you read outsider, where a smartphone is substantially useless,
Jun 27th, 2021, 5:06 pm
Jul 4th, 2021, 3:06 am
I used to be one of those "...But I loooooove paper books! I love the smell!" and I still am to some extent. I particularly like to read hard copy documents for work.

That being said, I have had a Kindle for years, and I absolutely love it. I originally got a Kindle Touch for when I was travelling for long periods of time and living out of a suitcase/backpack and simply couldn't keep up with the expense and weight of physical books when I was reading so much. I have a Kindle Paperwhite now and I love it even more!

I love that 600 page books only ever weigh as much as the Kindle. The gentle backlight is nice on planes (remember them?!) or in bed. I love that i can switch between 4 books in one sitting (and I am one of those weirdos that have 7 books on the go at one time). I like that it's more environmentally friendly. The screen looks a lot more like paper than I had imagined and definitely performs like paper in direct sunlight, unlike a phone or tablet. It's also a bit less distracting to read on the kindle than it is on a phone or tablet. The battery life is excellent, especially if you're like me and keep it on flight mode all the time.

I still keep sentimental books and some other hard copy books too, but it's a wonderful and convenient device.
Jul 4th, 2021, 3:06 am
Sep 22nd, 2021, 5:07 pm
Well, Well, Well!!!

Kindle Paperwhite 11th gen is out.
I love some upgrades here:

6.8 inch display
usb C port
adjustable warm light
better battery
better brightness....
Sep 22nd, 2021, 5:07 pm
Dec 24th, 2021, 6:30 am
Adding on to the list above; 11th gen paperwhite is also water-resistant and was available for $105 on Black Friday!
Dec 24th, 2021, 6:30 am
Dec 27th, 2021, 11:45 pm
I admit it. I am an e-reader addict. I love having the different devices to switch about with, with different books. I save a shit ton of money now anyway, reading on them instead.
Okay....my advice is this. If you are going to read books you have downloaded from here, you need to get a Pocketbook Lux 5, or Pocketbook Touch HD 3. They accept 29 book formats. All you do is download and either send to device by email, or have the Pocketbook app on your phone and whatever you download to your phone, goes right to the Pocketbook.

With Kindle, you have to have .Mobi format, and most ebook downloads on here are NOT. You are going to be stuck with buying Amazon books or converting the ones you download from this site to .mobi, then transferring etc. ( It's a whole thing)

My advice is definitely to go with Pocketbook brand. Amazon has them or you can Google Pocketbook e-readers. I have both the Lux 5, Touch HD3. I also have 2 Paperwhite 11, 2 Paperwhite 10, and a Voyage. The Pocketbook Touch HD is my favorite, the Voyage next
Dec 27th, 2021, 11:45 pm
Oct 18th, 2022, 6:15 am
Octoberrust75 wrote:I admit it. I am an e-reader addict. I love having the different devices to switch about with, with different books. I save a shit ton of money now anyway, reading on them instead.
Okay....my advice is this. If you are going to read books you have downloaded from here, you need to get a Pocketbook Lux 5, or Pocketbook Touch HD 3. They accept 29 book formats. All you do is download and either send to device by email, or have the Pocketbook app on your phone and whatever you download to your phone, goes right to the Pocketbook.

With Kindle, you have to have .Mobi format, and most ebook downloads on here are NOT. You are going to be stuck with buying Amazon books or converting the ones you download from this site to .mobi, then transferring etc. ( It's a whole thing)

My advice is definitely to go with Pocketbook brand. Amazon has them or you can Google Pocketbook e-readers. I have both the Lux 5, Touch HD3. I also have 2 Paperwhite 11, 2 Paperwhite 10, and a Voyage. The Pocketbook Touch HD is my favorite, the Voyage next

Converting is not that difficult. Use Calibre https://calibre-ebook.com/download. It is a free app and I have been using it for years. I use Kindle as also iPad. So I simply convert to a format I want. Plug in the device. Kindle opens in explorer. Go to Documents folder where you'll find your ebooks. From your PC or Laptop you can copy the books to this folder. For iPad you copy via iTunes. Found it very easy with no hassle.
Oct 18th, 2022, 6:15 am
Oct 22nd, 2022, 3:00 am
I heard the new Kindles were accepting epub files and not just MOBI and AZW any more. Is that true?
Oct 22nd, 2022, 3:00 am
Oct 24th, 2022, 1:42 am
Dendra wrote:I heard the new Kindles were accepting epub files and not just MOBI and AZW any more. Is that true?
It should accept epub. I dunno about not supporting mobi
Oct 24th, 2022, 1:42 am