Jun 29th, 2017, 5:28 am
Hey guys, recently I stumbeled across Litrpg genre books when I first read #luke Chmilenko : ascend online.. I have devoured all the books by three writers in this genre, until now( aleron kong,( loved him) and blaise corvin ( his book's pace is medium to slow. But since I had finished reading all the books, I decided to go for it.. .:lol: .) Of which I liked all three.
I would like to know if you have any recommendation for me to read next litrpg books. Only requirement is funny/ sarcastic efficient main characters. Story should be medium to high pace and Reveting . 8)
Thnx guys in advance. :)
Jun 29th, 2017, 5:28 am
Jun 29th, 2017, 5:25 pm
You might want to check out Kevin McLaughlin's Valhalla Online books - the second one was released just recently.

Here's the blurb from the first book:
A new LitRPG adventure from the imagination of USA Today bestselling author Kevin O. McLaughlin!

More than just a game, Valhalla Online was designed as a permanent repository for the uploaded minds of mortals afraid of death. An artificial afterlife.

Samantha’s world is turned upside-down when she arrives in Valhalla - because as far as she knows, she isn’t like the other people uploaded there.

She isn’t dead. At least...she hopes she isn’t.

Now Sam must solve the mystery of her own abduction - or murder! - while trapped inside a virtual world, cut off from communication with the outside. To do this she must do more than simply survive Valhalla - she needs to win the game!

I've been enjoying the series so far and can't wait for the next installment.
Jun 29th, 2017, 5:25 pm

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:38 am
vasily mahanenko's Survival Quest (Way of the Shaman series). Of all the LitRPG books, this series is the only one that has managed top keep me interested.

Book one ---
Barliona. A virtual world jam-packed with monsters, battles - and predictably, players. Millions of them come to Barliona, looking forward to the things they can't get in real life: elves and magic, dragons and princesses, and unforgettable combat. The game has become so popular that players now choose to spend months online without returning home. In Barliona, anything goes: you can assault fellow players, level up, become a mythical hero, a wizard or a legendary thief. The only rule that attempted to regulate the game demanded that no player was allowed to feel actual pain.

But there's an exception to every rule. For a certain bunch of players, Barliona has become their personal hell. They are criminals sent to Barliona to serve their time. They aren't in it for the dragons' gold or the abundant loot. All they want is to survive the virtual inferno. They face the ultimate survival quest.

Another series worth a mention is

Mirror World Series by Alexey Osadchuk

From Book 1-
The ads enthused, “The virtual lands of Mirror World await you! Live out your most secret dreams in our world of Sword and Sorcery! Become a Great Wizard or a Famous Warrior! Build your own castle, tame a dragon, conquer a kingdom! All those desperate, lonely and insecure - Mirror World offers you a chance!”

But Oleg isn’t meant to become a great wizard or a famous warrior. He’ll never have a castle of his own. Neither will he ever tame a dragon. And he’s definitely not the type to conquer a kingdom, however virtual it may be.

Oleg is doomed to toil away in the recesses of Mirror World’s mines. His goal is to raise enough money for a heart transplant for his dying six-year-old daughter. The clock is ticking. Will he make it?
Jul 3rd, 2017, 11:38 am
Jul 4th, 2017, 7:05 am
Fizban wrote:You might want to check out Kevin McLaughlin's Valhalla Online books - the second one was released just recently.

Here's the blurb from the first book:
A new LitRPG adventure from the imagination of USA Today bestselling author Kevin O. McLaughlin!

More than just a game, Valhalla Online was designed as a permanent repository for the uploaded minds of mortals afraid of death. An artificial afterlife.

Samantha’s world is turned upside-down when she arrives in Valhalla - because as far as she knows, she isn’t like the other people uploaded there.

She isn’t dead. At least...she hopes she isn’t.

Now Sam must solve the mystery of her own abduction - or murder! - while trapped inside a virtual world, cut off from communication with the outside. To do this she must do more than simply survive Valhalla - she needs to win the game!

I've been enjoying the series so far and can't wait for the next installment.

Thnx fizban for recommendation. I just finished reading this book. The book couldn't hold my attention from start to end. Though it is good depiction of RPG I found its literature side bit lacking.
But, if you liked this writer I would suggest reading # Aleron Kongs books. You will love them. :)
Jul 4th, 2017, 7:05 am
Jul 6th, 2017, 7:13 pm
bloodraker wrote:vasily mahanenko's Survival Quest (Way of the Shaman series). Of all the LitRPG books, this series is the only one that has managed top keep me interested.

Book one ---
Barliona. A virtual world jam-packed with monsters, battles - and predictably, players. Millions of them come to Barliona, looking forward to the things they can't get in real life: elves and magic, dragons and princesses, and unforgettable combat. The game has become so popular that players now choose to spend months online without returning home. In Barliona, anything goes: you can assault fellow players, level up, become a mythical hero, a wizard or a legendary thief. The only rule that attempted to regulate the game demanded that no player was allowed to feel actual pain.

But there's an exception to every rule. For a certain bunch of players, Barliona has become their personal hell. They are criminals sent to Barliona to serve their time. They aren't in it for the dragons' gold or the abundant loot. All they want is to survive the virtual inferno. They face the ultimate survival quest.

Another series worth a mention is

Mirror World Series by Alexey Osadchuk

From Book 1-
The ads enthused, “The virtual lands of Mirror World await you! Live out your most secret dreams in our world of Sword and Sorcery! Become a Great Wizard or a Famous Warrior! Build your own castle, tame a dragon, conquer a kingdom! All those desperate, lonely and insecure - Mirror World offers you a chance!”

But Oleg isn’t meant to become a great wizard or a famous warrior. He’ll never have a castle of his own. Neither will he ever tame a dragon. And he’s definitely not the type to conquer a kingdom, however virtual it may be.

Oleg is doomed to toil away in the recesses of Mirror World’s mines. His goal is to raise enough money for a heart transplant for his dying six-year-old daughter. The clock is ticking. Will he make it?

Just finished marathon reading of vasily mahanenko. Loved his shaman series. Thanx for introducing me to such writer. Was bit angry with the ending of 5th book the way Mahan was treated, so now I am waiting to know what happens to him in vasily's next book to release.

Haven't checked the other writer. will do it soon.
Jul 6th, 2017, 7:13 pm
Jul 23rd, 2017, 1:39 am
I would suggest going on Facebook (LitRPG Society) and GoodReads (LitRPG Forum) groups to have a good view of what is all available in the genre.

Regarding Aleron though, the guy steals and plagiarizes like there's no tomorrow, the conceipt is also through the roof since he calls himself the father of american litrpg, has attempted to copyright the "litrpg" tag to keep other authors from using it, and generally cant accept criticism of anything he puts out.
Jul 23rd, 2017, 1:39 am
Jul 24th, 2017, 11:45 am
Try author D. Rus "Play to Live" series, these books were among the first and earliest LitRPGs to be translated to english.
Jul 24th, 2017, 11:45 am
Aug 10th, 2017, 2:27 pm
gorillaz100 wrote:Try author D. Rus "Play to Live" series, these books were among the first and earliest LitRPGs to be translated to english.

Mmm, Read it. loved. Though bit moderate paced, D. Rus managed to hold my attention for almost all books. Though the MC jst keeps getting better and better and better at almost all his skills, I hope Rus doesn't keep this trend up for nxt book. It makes the whole reading a bit predictable.

Got a query, why is it, that litrpg books are mostly written by russion writer? ???
Aug 10th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Aug 10th, 2017, 3:03 pm
Catch22filly wrote:Mmm, Read it. loved. Though bit moderate paced, D. Rus managed to hold my attention for almost all books. Though the MC jst keeps getting better and better and better at almost all his skills, I hope Rus doesn't keep this trend up for nxt book. It makes the whole reading a bit predictable.

Got a query, why is it, that litrpg books are mostly written by russion writer? ???

IDK either, although litrpg was used when referring to virtual reality novels written by Russian authors and are somewhat identical to VRMMORPGs novels of Korean, Chinese and Japanese authors (of which a fine sample is The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor from a Korean Author).
Aug 10th, 2017, 3:03 pm
Aug 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm
For many, many recommendations and reviews of LitRPG books, you can check out this thread:
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/litrpg-new-literary-genre.399615/

Some highlights, in my opinion, are the Awaken Online series, the Viridian Gate series, the Dark Herbalist series, and the Weirdest Noob series. All of them have at least two books, which means they've got some staying power.
Aug 20th, 2017, 3:03 pm
Sep 5th, 2017, 11:18 pm
GaiusPrimus wrote:I would suggest going on Facebook (LitRPG Society) and GoodReads (LitRPG Forum) groups to have a good view of what is all available in the genre.

Regarding Aleron though, the guy steals and plagiarizes like there's no tomorrow, the conceipt is also through the roof since he calls himself the father of american litrpg, has attempted to copyright the "litrpg" tag to keep other authors from using it, and generally cant accept criticism of anything he puts out.

I'd be interested to learn where Aleron is stealing concepts from, because he certainly didn't take concepts from any russian authors that I've read so far (which is 3 out of 50+ books). I've been keeping up with Aleron's books and they are distinctly unique from all the books I've read so far, so where is he stealing from?

And honestly there's not too much to actually have room for in the genre anymore so similarities are going to happen. The genre is exploding. The Weirdest Noob series got ridiculed for stealing from D.Rus's books and the Way of the Shaman series, but it ended up being a unique experience that I enjoyed reading. Mining is a profession, having a familiar is a thing in fantasy MMORPGS, etc. Some lines are going to get crossed somewhere but that shouldn't detract from a good book with an original plotline.
Sep 5th, 2017, 11:18 pm
Sep 15th, 2017, 6:08 am
legendary moonlight sculptor was a good one but it catch in loop after 10 th book (last time ı look ther was 23 book)
Sep 15th, 2017, 6:08 am
Sep 22nd, 2017, 4:42 am
GaiusPrimus wrote:I would suggest going on Facebook (LitRPG Society) and GoodReads (LitRPG Forum) groups to have a good view of what is all available in the genre.

Hey.... Sorry for late reply..
Here is the thing.... I literally didn't know there would be so many more options available to read.... Found few good suggestions on fb. Mainly emerilia series etc... Thnx for the advice...
Now for the second part of your msg... Well, I tried searching every where but couldn't find any books from where he stole etc etc. Reason for me to search ws if he stole, then the original books would be way better reading material , n thats what I am really interested in.... Alas no luck... But did come across lots of links where heated debate was up whether aleron stole or he is original etc.... Truth to be told, I am not really interested in whole debate. Neither do I hav the whole information to take a stand regarding the issue ( fake, real, etc) . Jst pleasurable reading is main goal here :wink:

Let me know if you come across any book you think is worth reading. I would love to read too.... ( if I haven't done it already) (ps. Any genre as long as it is witty n fast paced)
Sep 22nd, 2017, 4:42 am
Sep 26th, 2017, 6:27 pm
Both are available on here, and be warned its not a finished series. However this past week I read Paul Bellow's "Human" and "Goblin" book one and book two in a series. I wuite enjoyed them.
Sep 26th, 2017, 6:27 pm