Oct 23rd, 2020, 2:49 pm
Reading the "The Titan" series by Seth Ring. Great series. My first delve into LitRPG.
Oct 23rd, 2020, 2:49 pm
Oct 27th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Okay. Seth ring is the next.

Currently reading 'the legendary mechanic"
Writing style is good and makes sure you aren't bored. Storyline is okay too.
U guys can also give it try.
Oct 27th, 2020, 7:44 pm
Dec 19th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Hello friends, if you haven't discovered them yet, I've some authors to suggest that will make your day (or night) i hope.
First comes Matthew Peed with his Dungeon Robotics series that's a must read.
Then there is Jonathan Brooks who offers some very good and addictive series.
Last but not least is Jon Svenson who's very good too.
Let me know if you've suggestions for reading materials that are the same.
Thanks and have a good day.
Dec 19th, 2020, 6:49 pm
Jun 7th, 2021, 6:05 pm
Charco321 wrote:Hello friends, if you haven't discovered them yet, I've some authors to suggest that will make your day (or night) i hope.
First comes Matthew Peed with his Dungeon Robotics series that's a must read.
Then there is Jonathan Brooks who offers some very good and addictive series.
Last but not least is Jon Svenson who's very good too.
Let me know if you've suggestions for reading materials that are the same.
Thanks and have a good day.

Yes , haven't read this yet... will definitely read them and let you guys know how it is.
Jun 7th, 2021, 6:05 pm
Jun 18th, 2021, 5:11 pm
I recently found this genre, and I like it in balanced doses with other types of novels. (The relentless leveling and listing out of stats gets old, particularly when there are hundreds of chapters with no end to the story in sight.) However, I thought the plot of The Great Thief by Boating Lyrics was interesting. I read it on lightnovelpub for free. (Those sites that charge for chapters charge way too much, IMO; more than one would be willing to pay buying a book commercially.)

Thanks for the recs in the preceding posts.
Jun 18th, 2021, 5:11 pm
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:22 am
I have recently discovered this genre myself and I have really enjoyed J. Pal's MAD series and his Houndsman novel. Dark Lord Bert and Rule Of Cool were also very good.
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:22 am
Jun 25th, 2023, 2:21 pm
tourier wrote:
Catch22filly wrote:
jerryloncey wrote:The stork tower series by Tony Corden.

I'll also appreciate recommendations to similar books (with a strong female main character of course)

I know right.. It's awesome... :)
If you are open for suggestions that are other than litrpg, check out evan Currie's books... They are mostly sci fi, zero romance, strong female character, lots of fights, sneaky moves... You get the idea...

As For suggestions in litrpg section, even I am searching for it....if you find anything interesting, do let me know... :)

There are a number of LitRPG books with female main characters.

The side novel Retribution in the Awaken Online series by Travis Bagwell has a female main character. Though you may get more out of it if you read the rest of the series first (first book is Catharsis, main character is male). I like the series. An interesting take on allying with the dark side, and the next book of the Awaken Online series should be out in a few weeks(Evolution), since it is currently in editing. And then that will be followed by another side novel (Apathy) with another female main character, I think. The side novel Retribution is volume 2.5 in the series, so chronologically between Precipice and Evolution, elevating one of the major characters in the series to a main character of her own book.

Mitigating Risk by Blaise Corvin in the Nora Hazard series (which is a spinoff of the Delvers LLC series) also has a female main character. You don't need to have read the Delvers LLC series first, but you might be missing some of the world and magical system stuff (as well as a cameo or two). Be warned that the Delvers LLC series is centered around two male protagonists transported to a world where women vastly outnumber men and most men have multiple wives to address the gender gap, so there is a slight harem vibe (which the guys from Earth resist since they come from a culture of monogamy). Corvin took a break from that series to write the Nora Hazard trilogy from the perspective of a woman in that matriarchal society where females are the dominant sex who control society because of their numbers and men are sheltered and kept mostly for breeding and regarded as the weaker sex. He plans to merge the storylines of Delvers LLC and Nora Hazard after the end of the Nora Hazard Trilogy.

Temple of Sorrows in the Stonehaven League series by Carrie Summers has a female main character. It is one of the few books that have both a female main character and base building mechanics.

The recent The Renegades, book one of The Bard from Barliona series by Vasily Mahanenko, has a female main character. It is a spinoff series of his Way of the Shaman series (where the main character of The Bard from Barliona first appeared). It is a translated work from Russian. As is typical of the wave of Russian works translated into English that started the LitRPG genre in English, the Russian writers tend to have weak female characters, often sexism/misogyny/homophobia. Perhaps his new spinoff series with a female main character is an attempt to change that. His female characters were nothing to write home about in Way of the Shaman, but it seems to have gotten slightly better with the main character being female this time around. (Read Russian writers for gaming mechanics, not for gender equality in LitRPG).

On that note, despite a Russian-sounding name, Luke Chmilenko is a Canadian writer of Ukrainian descent and not part of that early wave of Russian translations, so his Ascend Online series has a nice ensemble group that includes better written female characters even though the main protagonist is male. I like it. Probably doesn't fit your criteria of the main character being female, though.

The web serial The Wandering Inn by Pirateaba, which I haven't read but have heard much about, has a female main character. It is updated twice a week and free to read, I believe. Patreon supporters get the most recent installments; everyone else is one week behind and reads for free. It seems to be highly regarded. She must be doing something right since people are paying her a lot of money each month on Patreon (currently around $3.5k a month in donations if I'm not mistaken).

I believe the ongoing Japanese webnovel I'm a Spider, So What? has a female main character. There are various translations on the web of differing quality. I haven't read this yet either, though I will probably check it out at some point just to see how the LitRPG genre is developing in Asia. My understanding is that one of the translations that does a better job with idioms (but doesn't have as many chapters translated as versions from other translators on the web) is located at:
http://blastron01.tumblr.com/kumoko-contents

Another LitRPG book I haven't read yet that has a female main character is Luckless in the Second Age of Retha series by A.M. Sohma (a pseudonym of an author who also publishes under her other more established pen name K.M. Shea). I haven't read it yet, but it is on the pile. Goodreads doesn't rate it very high, and it seems to be more towards the light-hearted humor bent. Her stuff under her K.M. Shea pseudonym seems to be humorous romances based on fairytales.

There is a series with a transgendered main character, but I will leave it out since I'm not sure if it fits your request for a female main character (and the revelation is a spoiler). And besides, I wouldn't recommend it since I'm in the second book in the series and considering dropping it (not because of LGBT stuff but because the writing style is starting to become too expository and boring).

As you can tell, I'm currently in the middle of a LitRPG binge, lol. The vast majority have male main characters and don't fit your criteria. Of the stuff mentioned in this post, I like Awaken Online and Ascend Online the most. The former for the exploration of being an anti-hero siding with the Dark God, the latter for very balanced writing (avoiding becoming too overpowered too early).

Outside LitRPG, I enjoyed the Odyssey One series by Evan Currie, but it certainly did not have a fenale main character. The writing is flimsy compared to Lois McMaster Bujold in the space opera genre. Seriously, try her out. Extremely nuanced characterization and character growth. Witty prose with wry humor that will make you laugh out loud and pathos that can bring you to sobbing combined. Her Vorkosigan series is the epitome of the military space opera genre. Very strong female as well as male characters, nuanced and well-rounded. Evan Currie doesn't hold a candle to her. Currie can't make you laugh out loud or cry the way she can.

Azarinth Healer also has a strong female protagonist.
Jun 25th, 2023, 2:21 pm
Jul 16th, 2023, 8:33 pm
Matthew Dinniman

Maxime J. Durand

Zogarth

Tao Wong

Seth Ring

J. Pal
Jul 16th, 2023, 8:33 pm
Dec 11th, 2023, 2:58 pm
The Dungeon Crawler Carl series is funny and decently paced. Yao Wong's System Apocalypse is really good for the first five after that it gets draggy but Craig Hamilton did 3 spin off novels, the first two are really good, I am about to read the third one.
Dec 11th, 2023, 2:58 pm