Aug 27th, 2014, 9:51 pm
I'm reading this series for the second time around (currently on book 7). Does anyone know if this series will be turned into a movie or TV series (on HBO or Showtime)?

BTW, Book 2 totally got me hooked on these brothers.
Aug 27th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Inability to start a new book because you're still living in the last book's world
Mar 1st, 2015, 8:16 pm
The last word from J.R. Ward (via her posts to those in her fanclub) is that no, she turned down the option for a show. She saw what happened with the True Blood series and didn't want the same thing to happen to the Brotherhood.
Mar 1st, 2015, 8:16 pm
Apr 6th, 2015, 7:54 pm
I guess i can understand that...after reading The Shadows, i'm wondering how many of these books there are going to be, not that i'm complaining.
Apr 6th, 2015, 7:54 pm

Inability to start a new book because you're still living in the last book's world
Nov 5th, 2016, 12:47 am
I have a book crush on Vishous and I'm completely shocked these books aren't movies already :?
Nov 5th, 2016, 12:47 am
Nov 23rd, 2016, 7:08 pm
I think she went the right direction turning it down. Laurell K. Hamilton and Sherrilyn Kenyon have also said no to tv/movie deals.

My only fear is that when they do turn books into TV shows (or movies) that it doesn't live up to my expectations. And that when I hear the character names pronounced it's totally different than how I've been saying it in my head! :)
Nov 23rd, 2016, 7:08 pm
May 29th, 2017, 11:44 am
ravyn2013 wrote:
My only fear is that when they do turn books into TV shows (or movies) that it doesn't live up to my expectations. And that when I hear the character names pronounced it's totally different than how I've been saying it in my head! :)

Exactly! I also have a vision of a person in my head and often the actors they pick are totally unlike what they are described in the book!
May 29th, 2017, 11:44 am
Jun 27th, 2018, 8:49 am
I'm thinking that all three authors could lose their romance fan base in the case of those books going to the screen, cause they'd have to clean them up massively for broadcasting, to let go of the single pair system per episode/movie and go for urban fantasy in them. Personally, I'd prefer that, i.e. the greater story with all the mess going on in it, with all the couple interactions and problems, crime stories in them, angry gods and goddesses, vampires, lycans, dragons and Daimons, you name it, all of the characters specific for their own paranormal world, all of them changing and developing through time. It just depends on how much these writers are willing to let go of their romantic roots and let the story flourish in its complexity. TV/movies might do them good, or not, depending who's working on them and how, and how much cooperation exists with author. In Ward's case, I believe that TV series would do them a world of good, cause they're good urban fantasies to start with, and series would give more time for interactions to develop outside of relatively short story strictly dedicated to each couple in the books.
Jun 27th, 2018, 8:49 am
Sep 16th, 2018, 5:38 am
Has any of you got the 8 and 10 book
Sep 16th, 2018, 5:38 am
Jan 15th, 2019, 7:54 pm
I adore the series and think that with any book there will be changes when they're made into a movie TV show. Changes don't have to be a bad thing. We just have to know that there will be and try not too put too much expectation on it.
My daughter and I enjoy reading the books and then watching the how/movie. We use the experience to compare the differences and if we like the book version or show version of it better.
Jan 15th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Sheri
Apr 14th, 2024, 10:35 pm
I know this is old, but PassionFlix is turning it into a series. I just saw that it starts filming in September, a fanpage for the series just posted a photo.
Apr 14th, 2024, 10:35 pm