Aug 21st, 2017, 2:29 pm
Any good books in mind? Bonus points for:
- immersive, long book/series
- heartache inducing story
- mind-turning plot twists
- badass heroine (doesn't have to include all 4, can be one of the 4)
- having a supernatural flair is always a big bonus for me
- quality written language

Edit: From here on, I'll donate 1WRZ$ for every relevant recommendation, plus 5-10WRZ$ or more depending on how much I like the book.

My 'no' list:
- for now, I'd like to avoid any 'bought as a slave girl' tropes (unless the execution is exceptionally a high mind-bending level). essentially no predictable stories, please.

My own gem finds (rated from the darkest on top):
Uncovering You by Scarlett Edwards https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1292&t=1359907&hilit=Uncovering+You+by+Scarlett+Edwards

Psychophobia by A.K. Fagan

Wicked Bride Games by Clarissa Wild https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1292&t=3373037&hilit=Clarissa+Wild

Sovereign by Addison Cain https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1340&t=1838246&hilit=Sovereign+Addison+Cain

Scholomance by R. Lee Smith *new* https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=1407093&hilit=Scholomance+R.+Lee+Smith

Once Upon A Crime Lord by Mia Knight https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1340&t=3335032&hilit=Mia+Knight

Stuck in Between by Blakely Bennett (more emotionally) https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=1340&t=3151205&hilit=Stuck+in+Between+by+Blakely+Bennett
Aug 21st, 2017, 2:29 pm
Feb 9th, 2019, 2:43 am
In the Land of Gods and Monsters by Carmen Jenner!
Feb 9th, 2019, 2:43 am
Feb 17th, 2019, 11:34 am
R. Lee Smith - the last hour of gann
Feb 17th, 2019, 11:34 am
Feb 23rd, 2019, 7:45 am
Is there any gay one?
Feb 23rd, 2019, 7:45 am
Nov 14th, 2019, 1:48 pm
@mp1311 @kyrant thanks for the suggestions. will check them out!
Nov 14th, 2019, 1:48 pm
Nov 16th, 2019, 1:12 pm
star666 wrote:Is there any gay one?
Claustrophilia - ezra blake
Nov 16th, 2019, 1:12 pm
Nov 27th, 2019, 3:04 pm
kyrant wrote:R. Lee Smith - the last hour of gann

I just got started on R. Lee Smith's Scholomance and loving it! Found the spark in a long while. The storytelling and plot twist is a 5-star. Still slowly reading through her other books tho
Nov 27th, 2019, 3:04 pm
Dec 13th, 2019, 12:35 am
ScarletLetters wrote:

I just got started on R. Lee Smith`s Scholomance and loving it! Found the spark in a long while. The storytelling and plot twist is a 5-star. Still slowly reading through her other books tho
I didn`t read that one. Glad you also enjoy r. Lee. Her writing is good.
Dec 13th, 2019, 12:35 am
Feb 5th, 2020, 12:11 pm
kyrant wrote:
ScarletLetters wrote:

I just got started on R. Lee Smith`s Scholomance and loving it! Found the spark in a long while. The storytelling and plot twist is a 5-star. Still slowly reading through her other books tho
I didn`t read that one. Glad you also enjoy r. Lee. Her writing is good.

If you've got other suggestions, feel free to share! I've added a list up above since the last time as well.
Feb 5th, 2020, 12:11 pm
Apr 30th, 2020, 11:56 am
New: From here on, I'll donate 1WRZ$ for every relevant recommendation, plus 5-10WRZ$ or more depending on how much I enjoy the book, as a bonus.
Apr 30th, 2020, 11:56 am
May 13th, 2020, 7:36 pm
Trying to think I love most erotica and really like dark reads some of the things off hand I thought were good I love TM Frazier not all dark but would really recommend the king series starts with a prequel the dark light of day. Super good with some themes you mentioned. Curious if you like them.
DH Sidebottom and Ker Dukey are good too maybe the blue butterfly series might be to your taste I liked them. I love BDSM hardcore type reads and so the themes often over cross. I like Pam Goodwin too she wrote deliver good not sure if dark enough though. It’s funny I find it’s the writers style that works for me and so I tend to like all their stuff she has a book dark notes some abuse but I really liked it. How much have you read before I go on in case you are like me I consume everything very little I have not read of recent times I find myself reading more pnr which never interested me previously but I have had to widen my search I think I have exhausted most decent reads.

I agree with most of the above I have read most of them and liked them all R Lee Smith and Anne Bishop stuff was great. I do find myself getting in a funk sometimes with nothing interesting me. Horror wise the butcher by Francette Phal was as dark as I think I could take and was good. Going to trawl through my laptop and see if I can find anything good. I’m going to have a read of Scarlett Edwards I have never read her before and the contract series appeals.
May 13th, 2020, 7:36 pm
May 14th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Thank you. I'll look into these!

Ruththeboot wrote:Trying to think I love most erotica and really like dark reads some of the things off hand I thought were good I love TM Frazier not all dark but would really recommend the king series starts with a prequel the dark light of day. Super good with some themes you mentioned. Curious if you like them.
DH Sidebottom and Ker Dukey are good too maybe the blue butterfly series might be to your taste I liked them. I love BDSM hardcore type reads and so the themes often over cross. I like Pam Goodwin too she wrote deliver good not sure if dark enough though. It’s funny I find it’s the writers style that works for me and so I tend to like all their stuff she has a book dark notes some abuse but I really liked it. How much have you read before I go on in case you are like me I consume everything very little I have not read of recent times I find myself reading more pnr which never interested me previously but I have had to widen my search I think I have exhausted most decent reads.

I agree with most of the above I have read most of them and liked them all R Lee Smith and Anne Bishop stuff was great. I do find myself getting in a funk sometimes with nothing interesting me. Horror wise the butcher by Francette Phal was as dark as I think I could take and was good. Going to trawl through my laptop and see if I can find anything good. I’m going to have a read of Scarlett Edwards I have never read her before and the contract series appeals.
May 14th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Aug 3rd, 2020, 7:41 pm
Denise Hall - Judgment Series
Judgment
Mercy

Addison Cain - Alpha's Claim Series
Born to be Bound
Born to be Broken
Reborn
Stolen

Addison Cain - Wren's Song Series
Branded Captive
Silent Captive
Broken Captive
Ravaged Captive

Vonna Harper - Carnal Incorporated Series
Carnal Captive
Carnal Lesson
Carnal Slave

Nikki Rae - The Order Series
Bloom
Wilt
Chrysalis
Scorch

Depredation by Bennett, Natalie

Tender Mercies and
Big Sky and
Comfort Food all by Kitty Thomas
Aug 3rd, 2020, 7:41 pm
Aug 4th, 2020, 7:36 am
These looks interesting. Some of the books I haven't seen before. Thanks!
Can't find any by Vonna Harper tho.

JaneDoe0202 wrote:Denise Hall - Judgment Series
Judgment
Mercy

Addison Cain - Alpha's Claim Series
Born to be Bound
Born to be Broken
Reborn
Stolen

Addison Cain - Wren's Song Series
Branded Captive
Silent Captive
Broken Captive
Ravaged Captive

Vonna Harper - Carnal Incorporated Series
Carnal Captive
Carnal Lesson
Carnal Slave

Nikki Rae - The Order Series
Bloom
Wilt
Chrysalis
Scorch

Depredation by Bennett, Natalie

Tender Mercies and
Big Sky and
Comfort Food all by Kitty Thomas
Aug 4th, 2020, 7:36 am
Sep 18th, 2021, 3:17 am
It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoyed Jacqueline Carey's series called Kushiel's Legacy. It's beautifully written, and definitely long (the 6 books are ~800+ pages each). It does get intense to say the least, but is all the more riveting for it. :)

(Without saying too much, it does have some semi-slave girl scenes but is done so well that I still recommend! )
Sep 18th, 2021, 3:17 am