Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:05 pm
Ruby Dixon / Mariana Zapata / Penny Reid
My gosh! I love these authors!
I am currently looking for authors that writes like them.

Ruby Dixon - I tried a lot of Sci-fi/aliens/mates series that didn't have the same "feels" as Ruby Dixon's works! esp. Ice Planet Barbarians! I love each and every story that she has out right now <3 her male leads are so swoon worthy!

Mariana Zapata - I'll be honest and say that I initially didn't like slow burn romances....I like sports romance but not slow burn...I usually love insta-love-mates kind of stories...but Mariana Zapata opened my eyes and heart to slow burn romances....

Penny Reid - She is just such a great author. I love the women in her stories and how honest the characters are. I can't help but get teary eyed in some part of her novels.

So now....I would like to ask....do you have some recommended authors for me that are similar to these 3?:)

Looking forward to hear from you :)
Feb 23rd, 2018, 2:05 pm
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:11 am
Try Lauren Layne and her Stilleto and Oxford Series.

Or Clayton, Alice and her Cocktail Series
Feb 26th, 2018, 7:11 am
Feb 28th, 2018, 4:02 am
try M.K. Eidem (especially Grim story) and anna carven
i think they're similiar to ice planets barbarians
love those 2 authors cant wait 4 next book
Feb 28th, 2018, 4:02 am
Mar 2nd, 2018, 9:18 pm
Laura Florand
Mar 2nd, 2018, 9:18 pm
Mar 3rd, 2018, 3:21 am
For Sci Fi Alien romance try: -

M.K. Eidem - I will 2nd this recommendation
Eve Langlais - Alien abduction series
S.E. Smith - Almost any of hers although she has written some Fantasy/Paranormal as well
Anna Carven - Alien invasion Romance
Mina Carter's Warriors of the Lathar series
Milly Tiden's Paranormal Dating Agency series

When my reading addiction gets the better of me, sometimes it's good to have some short stories (between 45 and 65 pages mostly), I would highly recommend Viola Grace's Terran Times and Sector Guard books or for more romance than sex her Tales of the Citadel books. Start from the beginning (she's written over 300 books) These books are about humanities invitation to prove themselves amongst the rest of the aliens out there. (she also has a pen name of Zenina Masters for a Paranormal series Shifting Crossroads)

For a longer read (saga like) with most sex off the page, but strong romance try Lindsay Buroker (also writes under the name Ruby Lionsdrake more sex and usually one book per couple) She writes a combination of genres from Steam punk to SciFi and Fantasy. She has quite a few series already written and is working on more, so get a reading order list.

These are just a few of the top of my head.
Mar 3rd, 2018, 3:21 am
Mar 3rd, 2018, 8:19 am
Thaaaaank youuuu!:))) I'll check these out :D some authors I already have their books but haven't actually tried to read them yet :) will move them to priority read :)

thanks thanks!:)

Penny Reid next book!!!! on Tuesdaaaaay! great thing to look forward to :D
Mar 3rd, 2018, 8:19 am
Mar 5th, 2018, 2:29 am
Slow burning romance try Lynn Kurland, both modern and historical. She also writes magical trilogies.
Mar 5th, 2018, 2:29 am
Mar 6th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Wow, i don't usually comment but we have the same experience with these authors. You should try L.H. Cosway whom Penny Reid had already collabed with, also, Amy Harmon has the small town, slice of life feel of Mariana. :)
Though somewhat off topic, I also recommend Carolyn Crane since I remember finding her at the same time as those authors.
Mar 6th, 2018, 7:56 pm
Mar 7th, 2018, 4:19 am
Thaaaanks!:) excited to discover these new authors!
Mar 7th, 2018, 4:19 am
Apr 24th, 2018, 8:28 am
Try below authors:
Laurann Dohner: New Species series, Cyborg series
C.L. Scholey: New World series, Unearthy World series
M.K. Eidem: Tornians series, Kalizian series
Apr 24th, 2018, 8:28 am
May 19th, 2018, 11:22 pm
Haven't read Dixon but am a fan of Zapata and Reid.

Kristen Ashley does slow burn (Magdalene series)

Born to be Wilde series by Jannine Gallant (wild)
Ad Agency series by Nicole Archer (brash)
The Dark Side series by Kristy Cunning (a must read)
Pleasure Principle series by Roni Loren (sexy)

Because it's awesome (paranormal fantasy/no-sex):
The Others series by Anne Bishop

Same-couple series that will keep you coming back:
In Death series by J.D. Robb (futuristic romantic suspense)
Fatal series by Marie Force (romantic suspense)
May 19th, 2018, 11:22 pm
May 23rd, 2018, 10:00 am
Thaaaaaaanks!!!:)
May 23rd, 2018, 10:00 am
May 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am
I'm very excited to try your recommendations :)))
May 23rd, 2018, 10:47 am
Jul 24th, 2018, 2:35 am
I haven't read any of Ruby Dixon's yet I have them loaded in my reader but haven't begun them yet. Have you tried Laurann Dohner (Cyborg series and New Species series)? I love Mariana Zapata, and I suggest you try Amy Harmon. All of her books are wonderful but her stand alones: Running Barefoot and Making Faces are my favorites. It's been a while since I've read any Penny Reid but R. L. Mathewson (Neighbors from Hell series) and Tara Sivec (Chocolate Lover's series and Chocoholics series) are steamy and funny.
Jul 24th, 2018, 2:35 am
Jul 25th, 2018, 7:35 am
Thaaaaanks for those recommendations. :) I did try Laurann Dohner :) I love her New Species series....but her VLG series is quite different...I'm sad that no new species books recently. I'll try Amy Harmon and Mathewson soon :D Thaaaaanks!
Jul 25th, 2018, 7:35 am