Nov 14th, 2019, 2:48 am
Hi...can anyone recommend any funny ,lol books....Rom-Com, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy...anything funny and hilarious
Such as:
The Neighbors from hell series - R.l. Mathewson
Wild ones series- C.m Owens
Rock Chick Series - Kristen Ashley
Bewitched and Bewildered Series - Alanea Alder
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance!!!
Nov 14th, 2019, 2:48 am
Nov 14th, 2019, 3:02 am
I don't read any of the authors you mentioned but you might try Lynsay Sands' books - both her historicals romances and her contemporary Vampire romances are wonderfully funny. Shelley Laurenston aka G.A. Aiken also is laugh out loud funny to read. And the flat-out BEST funny book I ever read was a chick-lit called Grin and Bear It by Leslie LaFoy.

Hopefully that will get you started and others will chime in with the authors they find funny. :)
Nov 14th, 2019, 3:02 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Nov 14th, 2019, 10:06 am
One of my all-time favourites was Darynda Jone's Charley Davidson series, I was so sad when it ended!
Nov 14th, 2019, 10:06 am
Nov 24th, 2019, 9:34 pm
You can try...
MC romance
- Cee Bowerman
- Lila Rose
- Bijou Hunter
- Chantal Fernando
- Winter Travers
- Lani Lynn Vale
Romantic Suspense
- Brynne Asher
- Katie Ruggle
Paranormal Romance
- Cassandra Gannon
- Eve Langlais
- Celia Kyle
- Georgette St Clair
- G.A. Aiken (pseudonym for Shelley Laurenston)
Nov 24th, 2019, 9:34 pm
Nov 25th, 2019, 12:50 am
The following were listed in my Goodreads 'lol' list:
Penny Reid - Knitting in the City
Penny Reid - Winton Brothers
Tara Sivec - Chocolate Lovers
Kylie Scott - Stage Dive
Jill Shalvis - Lucky Harbor
NOT ALLOWED - Wallbanger
Nov 25th, 2019, 12:50 am
Nov 26th, 2019, 3:27 pm
Running From A Rock Star (Brides on the Run series) by Jami Albright
Shopping series by Julia Kent
Pucked series by Helena Hunting
Holly Woods series by Emma Hart
Miss Fortune series by Jana Deleon
Nov 26th, 2019, 3:27 pm
Nov 26th, 2019, 9:36 pm
I just read some books by Piper Davenport that were pretty funny. The first one I read was suspense?ish and the others were MC.
Nov 26th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Nov 27th, 2019, 1:40 am
Try Jennifer Crusie for funny contemporary romance. My favorites including Manhunting, Anyone But You, Welcome to Temptation, Faking It and Agnes and the Hitman. If you want to read about CIA-style golf, suicidal fish, bra-loving basset hounds, the perils of small town filming, crowds in the closet or a killer cook trying to be normal check these out.

Ilona Andrews is good for funny, snarky paranormal romance. Start with the Inkeeper series, then try the Hidden Legacy books. The Kate Daniels is good, but is less funny.

Robyn Peterman is good too. Tongue planted very, very, very fimly in cheek and not recommended for anyone under the age of 17 because of smexiness. I laughed so hard at several of her books that I gave myself a stomachache. :) Start with How Hard Can It Be?, then read Pirate Dave and His Randy Adventures, in that order. If you like those she has the Hot Damned vampire series; the Shift Happens werewolf series set in Hung Island, GA; the Magic and Mayhem series with witches set in Assjacket, WV, and so on. I love 'em all. :)
Nov 27th, 2019, 1:40 am
Dec 13th, 2019, 12:41 am
Probably anything from Mimi Jean pamfiloff.
I second penny Reid. She is funny too.
Dec 13th, 2019, 12:41 am
Dec 24th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Shelly Laurenston - Pride Series and Magnus Pack Series; and her alter ego G. A. Aiken - Dragon Kin Series
Eve Langlais - The Lion Pride Series
Those are some of my favorite funny books.
Dec 24th, 2019, 6:59 pm
Jan 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm
I'm sure these have been mentioned but try the following authors:

Shelly Laurenston
Eve Langlais
Helena Hunting
Kylie Scott
Julia Kent
Avery Flynn
Jan 11th, 2020, 6:37 pm
Feb 17th, 2021, 4:38 am
Lani Lynn Vale

If you can, then listen to the audiobooks. Totally worth it. Seriously.
Feb 17th, 2021, 4:38 am
Mar 3rd, 2021, 2:19 pm
I'm sure these have been mentioned but...

Alanea Alder
Shelley Laurenston/G.A. Aiken
Sherrilyn Kenyon
Lani Lynn Vale
Kylie Scott
Ilona Andrews
Dana Marie Bell
Mar 3rd, 2021, 2:19 pm
Mar 12th, 2021, 9:11 pm
Romantic Comedy - Meghan Quinn, Lauren. Rowe, Lucy Score - these ladies write hilarious books, give them a try!

Paranormal - Shannon Mayer's The Forty Poof Series is great fun. Molly Harper - any of her books really but Half-Moon Hollow Series and Naked Werewolf Series are a must read

Sci-fi Romance - S.E. Smith's Dragon Lords of Valdier is a good series and quite funny too. Jayne Castle (aka Jayne Ann Krentz) Harmony and Rainshadow Series are really good - love the dust bunnies!
Mar 12th, 2021, 9:11 pm
Mar 23rd, 2021, 12:04 am
Hi. ANYTHING from KF Breene is going to be hilarious and so good!
Mar 23rd, 2021, 12:04 am