Apr 10th, 2020, 2:41 pm
chantw0968 wrote:Hi Everyone,
Does anyone remember this book?
What I remember is this... smart teen falls in love with a bad boy at school. I know sounds like a million of the books we have read. The two boys fall in love get an apartment together. The bad boy becomes a mechanic and the smart one goes to school. The one scene that pops out at me is when the two had a sexual encounter and the smart one goes to school for his science class. The assignment was to swab your mouth and look at it under a microscope. Needless to say that when the smart boy did that he saw something...
Anyone know the title and author? Thanks in advance.

It's Wes & Toren by J.M. Colail :)
Apr 10th, 2020, 2:41 pm
Oct 9th, 2020, 12:34 am
dante11 wrote:hi-need some help! looking for the title of a m/m romance-it starts with an older guy in a bar-i think he has something to do with music or country music-and he picks up this younger guy....and they are in a cab going to a hotel-and the younger guy asks the cab driver if he knows who he is, and the driver does-turns out he is quite infamous as a vlogger, he tapes his whole life as a 'out there' gay man....
the older guy is a widower with a teen age daughter in college-he is bi, but never told anyone as he was married, and other than his wife, it never came up, and now he doesn't know how to tell her. he and the vlogger keep seeing each other. the older guy has a farm, and lives in the country, and the younger guy is a 'city boy' ...
i remember they had a fight because the older guy went to see the younger guy at his apartment, and when he opened his door he was half naked with someone he used to have casual sex with, and they are vidoe taping trying to cover themselves in fruit roll ups...and the older guy is upset and jealous....
finally, they are at the farm house, talking about how he has to tell his daughter-she is in the hallway, and over hears him, and when she sees who her dad is involved with she freaks out-because she follows his vlog, and she is thrilled for her dad. she tells her dad that she is gay, and that her room mate is really her girlfriend....
in the end, the vlogger does this whole 'this is my new life on the farm' video, showing the animals, and how happy he is....
and one time the dad overhears his daughter and his boyfriend sitting in the bath tub together, discussing life, and he is happy they are getting along, and makes a joke about who is wearing underwear in the bath together....
if you know this title i would appreciate it...thanks!

This sounds like : A New Day by K. Sterling
Oct 9th, 2020, 12:34 am

The books that the world calls immoral are the books which show the world its own shame - Oscar Wilde
Oct 10th, 2020, 2:34 pm
hi! looking for a mm book-
ok, so this guy, who was married, but his wife passed away, is bisexual. he has a daughter , away at college, but he can't figure out how to tell her. (his wife knew)
he is either a songwritter, or a singer, for country western. he lives on a farm/ranch.
he goes out to a bar one night, and sees this guy, and men are hitting on him, and seem sort of already in love with him. but he keeps rejecting all of them. then he sees the songwritter, and gives him a look.
the guy thinks he is being recognized....and after a few minutes they decide to get a room, or the guy already has a room.....when they get in the cab, the cab driver is freaking out, and older guy thinks it is him (he might even be a music producer) ...but the younger guy says 'nope-its me' and the cab driver says 'yes...' and they older guy has no idea who he is. he is a famous gay video blogger-he travels, and tapes his life blogs on all sorts of stuff-one day he and his best friend decided to cover themselves in fruit roll ups!!!!(which his new 'boyfriend' comes over and 'catches' them-and he is very jealous)
their relationship moves forward, and he knows he has to tell his daughter, and the 2 men are talking about it at the farm house, and the daughter is due over later..he knows he has to tell her, but the daughter arrived early, and is listening to the conversation in the hallway-she is so happy her dad met someone, and she freaks out when she realizes who it is-she is a huge fan of his.
come to find out daughter is gay and afraid of telling dad-and her roommate is actually her girlfriend. the boyfriend and daughter become best frieds-the father hers them both in the bathroom, and realizes they are in the double bathtub together....laughing and talking.....
the last scene is him video taping moving into the farmhouse and life on the farm, and a new 'chapter' in his life....
if you can help me i would be sooo grateful!
Oct 10th, 2020, 2:34 pm
Oct 11th, 2020, 1:49 am
Prutske wrote:
dante11 wrote:hi-need some help! looking for the title of a m/m romance-it starts with an older guy in a bar-i think he has something to do with music or country music-and he picks up this younger guy....and they are in a cab going to a hotel-and the younger guy asks the cab driver if he knows who he is, and the driver does-turns out he is quite infamous as a vlogger, he tapes his whole life as a 'out there' gay man....
the older guy is a widower with a teen age daughter in college-he is bi, but never told anyone as he was married, and other than his wife, it never came up, and now he doesn't know how to tell her. he and the vlogger keep seeing each other. the older guy has a farm, and lives in the country, and the younger guy is a 'city boy' ...
i remember they had a fight because the older guy went to see the younger guy at his apartment, and when he opened his door he was half naked with someone he used to have casual sex with, and they are vidoe taping trying to cover themselves in fruit roll ups...and the older guy is upset and jealous....
finally, they are at the farm house, talking about how he has to tell his daughter-she is in the hallway, and over hears him, and when she sees who her dad is involved with she freaks out-because she follows his vlog, and she is thrilled for her dad. she tells her dad that she is gay, and that her room mate is really her girlfriend....
in the end, the vlogger does this whole 'this is my new life on the farm' video, showing the animals, and how happy he is....
and one time the dad overhears his daughter and his boyfriend sitting in the bath tub together, discussing life, and he is happy they are getting along, and makes a joke about who is wearing underwear in the bath together....
if you know this title i would appreciate it...thanks!

This sounds like : A New Day by K. Sterling

it is! thank you soo much!
Oct 11th, 2020, 1:49 am
Jan 26th, 2024, 11:29 pm
VIP
Posts 855
WRZ$ 6471.00

Jan 20th, 2024, 10:12 pm
hi! looking for a historical romance i read years ago. i thought scarlett blackwell wrote it, but i looked thru her books and i cant find it.
this boy grows up as a servant to a rich boy. in the beginning he goes to this store-he wants to buy his master a glass chess set that the boy wants. he is devestated when he realizes he will never be able to afford it. sometime after that-he disappears, and the young man he serves cant find him, and he realizes how arrogant he was towards the young boy.
it goes ahead in the future-he shows up at this party with the daughter of a family that is his parents sworn enemy. the boy who was his servant is working there now. he finds out that he left because the boy had gotten a letter from his brother-he had been adopted by the other family, but he was dying. both boys had been found in a park, injured, and didnt remember anything-one went to work as a servant, the other was adopted by a rich family.
now that he has found him, the rich man pursues the servant. he convinces him to dress as a woman, and go to a party with him. his uncle passes away and left him money, so he has purchased his own home, and wants the young servant to come live there and be with him.
does this sound familar? thanks
Jan 26th, 2024, 11:29 pm
Feb 17th, 2024, 11:16 am
dante11 wrote:VIP
Posts 855
WRZ$ 6471.00

hi! looking for a historical romance i read years ago. i thought scarlett blackwell wrote it, but i looked thru her books and i cant find it.
this boy grows up as a servant to a rich boy. in the beginning he goes to this store-he wants to buy his master a glass chess set that the boy wants. he is devestated when he realizes he will never be able to afford it. sometime after that-he disappears, and the young man he serves cant find him, and he realizes how arrogant he was towards the young boy.
it goes ahead in the future-he shows up at this party with the daughter of a family that is his parents sworn enemy. the boy who was his servant is working there now. he finds out that he left because the boy had gotten a letter from his brother-he had been adopted by the other family, but he was dying. both boys had been found in a park, injured, and didnt remember anything-one went to work as a servant, the other was adopted by a rich family.
now that he has found him, the rich man pursues the servant. he convinces him to dress as a woman, and go to a party with him. his uncle passes away and left him money, so he has purchased his own home, and wants the young servant to come live there and be with him.

ok-i remembered a few more details. the house where he worked...he worked for the young boy as his valet/companion. he and his siter dressed the young boy as a girl once. he used to sneak kisses to the young boy...and he would say this saying ...somthing like 'how do you know if it's love'' or 'whats love'.
when he goes to the party-he dresses in a asian kimono type outfit, and there is a article written about him and the young man he worked for, in the gossip section of the paper. before the party, he gets there early, and goes up to the attic, to see his old room. he remembers things-like his 'master' kissing him in the dark, and asking the sister if his master liked him....but not being able to say what he meant.
i truly hope someone remembers this book-i would really like to read it again. thank you
Feb 17th, 2024, 11:16 am
Mar 8th, 2024, 6:48 am
dante11 wrote:
dante11 wrote:VIP
Posts 855
WRZ$ 6471.00

ok-i remembered a few more details. the house where he worked...he worked for the young boy as his valet/companion. he and his siter dressed the young boy as a girl once. he used to sneak kisses to the young boy...and he would say this saying ...somthing like 'how do you know if it's love'' or 'whats love'.
when he goes to the party-he dresses in a asian kimono type outfit, and there is a article written about him and the young man he worked for, in the gossip section of the paper. before the party, he gets there early, and goes up to the attic, to see his old room. he remembers things-like his 'master' kissing him in the dark, and asking the sister if his master liked him....but not being able to say what he meant.
i truly hope someone remembers this book-i would really like to read it again. thank you

bump
Mar 8th, 2024, 6:48 am