Sep 4th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Hello, I'm a new MM romance reader and confused of what to read next. If you have the time, I'm asking for recommendation. :)

I'm currently in the mood for something cute. Since cute is fairly subjective, I'll mention ones which I have finished reading:

Strong Signal by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
Life According to Maps by Nash Summers
That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Or you can just give me the title of your favourite MM romance. Maybe I will like them too.

Thank you :wave:
Sep 4th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Sep 4th, 2017, 5:32 pm
pandahero wrote:Hello, I'm a new MM romance reader and confused of what to read next. If you have the time, I'm asking for recommendation. :)

I'm currently in the mood for something cute. Since cute is fairly subjective, I'll mention ones which I have finished reading:

Strong Signal by Megan Erickson & Santino Hassell
Life According to Maps by Nash Summers
That Alien Feeling by Alessandra Hazard
Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli

Or you can just give me the title of your favourite MM romance. Maybe I will like them too.

Thank you :wave:

Hi there :)

A series I find cute is Alexa Land's 'First and Forevers'-series... It becomes better and better, the further she gets.
Eli Easton's: Howl at the moon-series is CUTENESS overload in the best possible way
Also TJ Klune's BOATK is cute as fuck, but angsty :)

Hope these suggestions help :D
Sep 4th, 2017, 5:32 pm
Sep 4th, 2017, 7:45 pm
Pretty much anything by Amy Lane is sweet and I happen to LOVE Anyta Sunday. Anything by her as well.
Happy reading :)
Sep 4th, 2017, 7:45 pm
Sep 5th, 2017, 10:37 pm
Sometimes I want cute, contemporary MM romance with little to no angst.

TJ Klune's At First Sight series is hilarious.
Becca Brant Coffee Boys series
Annabeth Albert Portland Heat series
Stella Starling At Last, the Beloved Series

Happy Reading!!!
Sep 5th, 2017, 10:37 pm
Sep 7th, 2017, 4:36 pm
Thank you for the recommendations! I'll check them out. :-D

I love TJ's comedy so I have read all of his funny books, except BOATK it seems.
At First Sight series is one of my favourites. As for BOATK I'm tempted but slightly hesitant since someone points out the similarity of the story with a movie. But pretty sure I'll read them one way or another anyway :lol:
Sep 7th, 2017, 4:36 pm
Sep 7th, 2017, 4:50 pm
pandahero wrote:Thank you for the recommendations! I'll check them out. :-D

I love TJ's comedy so I have read all of his funny books, except BOATK it seems.
At First Sight series is one of my favourites. As for BOATK I'm tempted but slightly hesitant since someone points out the similarity of the story with a movie. But pretty sure I'll read them one way or another anyway :lol:

I've both watched the movie and read the series... And yes, there are similarities, but it is still something different, especially with TJs humor and Bears relationship with the Kid :)
I loved both, and will read the books again, but also watch the movie again :D 8)
Sep 7th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Sep 9th, 2017, 7:54 pm
a few more for your list:

Anna Zabo - Takeover series
Annabeth Albert - #gaymers series

-
Sep 9th, 2017, 7:54 pm
Sep 10th, 2017, 6:45 am
Thank you for the addition!

I read Muscling Through immediately since it's short and I really like it. I wish there was a point where it was told from Larry's POV. Are there others of JL Merrow's books recommended to be read?

The first book of gaymers series' blurb looks interesting.
Sep 10th, 2017, 6:45 am
Oct 21st, 2017, 7:52 pm
(I opened an account just so I can reply to this post:)I have literally read hundred and hundreds of mm and I can give you recommendations on sexy ones, emotional ones, etc. If you're looking for one of the ultimate sweet ones that I PROMISE will put a smile on your face and make you feel giddy all day, you should read Frog by Mary Calmes. I had read a bunch of books of hers before I picked this one up, but it took me a long time to read it because I thought the title was really stupid. Don't make my mistake! If you want other recommendations after that, let me know. I switched to mm about 3 years ago and I can't seem to leave the genre. I've read nothing since. I was reading like 5 a week!
Oct 21st, 2017, 7:52 pm
Oct 22nd, 2017, 12:44 am
I second the recommendation of Frog by Mary Calmes . It is one of my all time favorite romances. It was the first Mary Calmes book I read and I was blown away. Unfortunately I have not loved her other books as much but I know that a lot of people do. Definitely try Frog and then decide from there if you want to read others by her.
Oct 22nd, 2017, 12:44 am
Oct 23rd, 2017, 5:15 am
Yep, Frog by Mary Calmes. Also, Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis.
Oct 23rd, 2017, 5:15 am
Nov 17th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Wes and Toren by J.M. Colail was good ...
Straight Guys Series by Alessandra Hazard ... some are angsty ... Just a bit unhealthy and Just a Bit Obsessed take the cake in this series ... though all books are good ...
Nov 17th, 2017, 5:51 pm
Apr 20th, 2018, 1:51 pm
Hi, I read most of TJ Klune books and they are amazing. However my all time favorite MM romance will always be, Antisocial by Heidi Cullinan. I never get enough of it. And it's a favorite of mine because it has lots of cute fun and also some angst, seeing that it deals with coming to terms with someone's sexuality. I absolutely adore it. And also her series Special Delivery is awesome and truly wonderful. U should definitely check them out
Apr 20th, 2018, 1:51 pm