Jun 1st, 2018, 3:48 am
Please read the answer to the question asked by many "is Google search not working" ...... it is not working it is now "defunct"

merry60 wrote: Google is not indexing our posts anymore and results have not been accurate for some time. So our search is preferable, especially the advanced search

The truth is that we used to have a lot of problems with our engine in the past because it was down more often than not, so we had to customise Google as an alternative for when ours was not working and it helped tremendously. But that's what it was, an alternative.

The moment the site purchased an independent server and moved the search to it to separate it from the main load of the site, it never went down again, and it was faster than any of the other 5 servers that hold the premium, the database, etc. I seem to remember that this happened 4 years ago.

As for our own members who keep using Google without necessity but out of habit, I have no way to let them know until they realise that Google is not working and ask, as you have :D

For those of you who used the google search for the initialed authors : the best way to search for authors with initials is the Advanced search.

Screen shots both V2 and the Classic view
merry60 wrote:

Jun 1st, 2018, 3:48 am
Aug 29th, 2019, 11:43 pm
Thanks. This explains why my searches have been floppy.
Aug 29th, 2019, 11:43 pm