Jun 15th, 2014, 12:22 pm
The worst book i can think of having read is The Kushiel series by Jacqueline Carey. It is beautifully written, i cant stress how frustrating it is to read a well written book you want to like but find yourself face palming every time a character does something stupid or some plot points conveniently resolve themselves in a totally unrealistic and implausible way.
For some reason the books get high praise. its the reason i bought them. But Dayum. The message of the book seems to be everything is resolved by sex. There's gonna be a war lets go have sex with the generals and kings and queens involved and whammy, peace will reign. In the second series, yes I'm apparently a glutton for punishment, though i prefer to think of myself as an optimist. The lead male character is drugged and then date raped by a gay character. But its OK cos sex is fluid in Terre D'ánge so its okay.

I"m not even gonna mention Twilight or FSG cos others have said enough.

And Another Thing... (Hitchhiker's Guide Series #6) by Eoin Colfer
Where to begin. How about the end Colfer murdered this book. For the longest time i wished for a sixth book in the HHG series but now im content to leave it at five.
Jun 15th, 2014, 12:22 pm
Jun 19th, 2014, 11:17 am
Fifty shades of grey

I really really hated it!!

Its an abusive relationship its horrible reading. i just don't get why we are told this is romantic, it really isn't.
Jun 19th, 2014, 11:17 am
Jul 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm
Easily Evermore (or was it Nevermore?), last book of the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson.
It was THE first, and only, time I've ever been so let down by a book series.
The biggest problem was the build-up towards the release date, and the final book. He just piled the problems and responsibilities onto the characters, until we were all thinking 'How the HECK are they going to save the world?'
Simple answer: they don't.
Seriously, there was so much crap flying around throughout the book that even I, who had read the previous books like 3 times before the final book's release, had not idea what was going on.
And guess how the author ended it.
Basically: 'I died... *End of chapter* *turn over page* *Page on life lesson about how Earth needs to be taken care of, yay for life lessons* Or did I...?'
Or some nonsense like that, that shouldn't be in a book.
Worst thing was I paid $20 cash for that. :(
Jul 22nd, 2014, 2:13 pm
Jan 14th, 2015, 2:51 pm
cassandra clare's ...one of the worst series ever
Jan 14th, 2015, 2:51 pm
Jan 15th, 2015, 12:18 am
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. It's truly an awful book, the idea for the book is great, but it was very poorly executed in my opinion.
Jan 15th, 2015, 12:18 am
Jan 27th, 2015, 2:30 am
ksenon wrote:cassandra clare's ...one of the worst series ever

I thought Cassandra Clare was pretty good.... lol...

My worst series would be Lemony Snicket.. Although I can't stop myself from reading the whole unfortunate series..
Jan 27th, 2015, 2:30 am

Jul 14th, 2015, 6:04 am
The worst book I ever read was without a doubt, Twilight. I liked the plot, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't well written and it was very cliche. Not to mention the characters weren't well developed or realistic. I did finish reading it however. I got midway through book two before I just... died. lol I just couldn't read anymore!
Jul 14th, 2015, 6:04 am

Aug 29th, 2015, 12:44 am
The worst book I've read, I didn't finish it, was from the House of Night Series, I honestly can remember witch book was.. but I don't think I made it past the third one

Other series I can cannot shallow
Caster series??? (stopped at the second one, coundn't finish the second chapter)
Hush Hush (don't remember the name of the series but i gave it up at the second book)
Vampire Diaries (Barely finished the first book, didn´t take the next one, but the TV Shows is amazing, It says much about the book that even the TV series is not enough to make me try again... ever)
Aug 29th, 2015, 12:44 am

If links are dead... PM me plz xD

....No matter how dark is now, there'll be Sun tomorrow!!!
Sep 14th, 2015, 2:08 am
Jennifer Malone Wright - Keeper vs. Reaper....

May have been a better book if someone would have proof read it first!!! Lots of mis-spelling, incomplete sentences, etc. And I actually bought it from amazon on my kindle!
Sep 14th, 2015, 2:08 am
Jan 3rd, 2018, 9:41 am
Harry Potter & the Curse Child. what a disgrace.
but yes, i did finished it, unfortunately. what a waste of my time.
and no, it's not canon. there's no 8th book of Harry Potter series.
Jan 3rd, 2018, 9:41 am
Feb 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm
The memory of us by Camille DiMaio
I can't even describe how awful this book is. Girl falls in love with a seminary student, they get married and pregnant and she leaves him and gives the baby up because her face becomes disfigured, so no one would possibly want her. Everyone is miserable for 30+ years until she shows up again and everything is just hunky-dory and no one cares that she ruined 3 lives by being a shallow brat.
I wanted to toss it out the window in disgust.

Also, lots of hate for the rash of Fan Fiction turned YA/Chick lit: the Chaos of standing still, the night we said yes, slow dance in purgatory, etc. It isn't Bella, it's Ella! That can't be Ron, he's a blond! It isn't Edward, this guy's mom is African-American!
Feb 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm
Feb 17th, 2018, 4:44 pm
ilovemassu wrote:Harry Potter & the Curse Child. what a disgrace.
but yes, i did finished it, unfortunately. what a waste of my time.
and no, it's not canon. there's no 8th book of Harry Potter series.

I have to agree with you on this one. I didn't see the play, so maybe the leap to stage brings an extra dimension to the HP universe that I can't appreciate, but as a 'book' I can't help but feel like it cheapened the memory of HP without bringing anything to the table.
Feb 17th, 2018, 4:44 pm
Nov 19th, 2018, 9:42 pm
The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, Jesus what a hack.
Think I got about. Quater of the book read before giving up in disgust. How this guy manages to sell so many books is beyond me.
Nov 19th, 2018, 9:42 pm