Dec 27th, 2016, 2:28 am
My son has me buy Manga books at B&N, so I would appreciate any series recomendations.
Dec 27th, 2016, 2:28 am
Mar 9th, 2018, 2:15 am
Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa (PG 13)
Monster by Naoki Urasawa (R)
D-Gray Man (PG 13)
Inushya by Rumiko Takahashi (PG)
Death Note written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata (PG 13)
Soul Eater by Atsushi Ōkubo (PG with some PG 13 humor)
Fairy Tale by Hiro Mashima (PG with some PG 13 humor)
Mar 9th, 2018, 2:15 am
Nov 8th, 2018, 11:59 pm
Im up to date on Attack on Titan and halfway through Berserk.
Both are so fucking good and fun to read.

I have to say though Attack on Titan is the best story i have ever read/heard /watched. Incredible. I am definitely biased because it just fits my taste almost perfectly. Its mysterious, logical ( within the manga, i mean there arent any obv plot holes unless you dig VERY deep and look at small details) and unpredictable. Oh and also the foreshadowing is mindblowing. You read something later on and then you realize: " ahhh the tiny detail in that chapter now makes so much sense "

For anyone interested i recommend watching season 1 of the anime and see for yourself. Its almost exactly like the manga so if you like it you can keep watching until half of s3 and then read the manga from there.
/Fanboymode off
Nov 8th, 2018, 11:59 pm
Jun 2nd, 2019, 8:29 pm
My favorite is One Outs because the MC is ridiculously smart and the story is a page-turner.
Jun 2nd, 2019, 8:29 pm
Nov 9th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Vagabond is a masterpiece with astounding artwork.
Nov 9th, 2019, 8:33 pm
Jun 2nd, 2020, 3:27 pm
I'm up to date with Eichiro Oda's One Piece.
I too read Tsutomu Nihei's Aposimsz. Already finished Akira, Bleach, Naruto, Blame!, Biomega and Kokaku Kidotai.
Jun 2nd, 2020, 3:27 pm
Nov 20th, 2020, 12:19 pm
If I would recommend Martial Arts manga my list would include: TOUGH: High School Iron Fist Legend, Grappler Baki, Shura no Mon (altough the translations are incomplete so far), All-Rounder Meguru. And any work from this artists tend to have a high quality of details.
Nov 20th, 2020, 12:19 pm
Aug 4th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Akira, Berserk, Lone Wolf and Cub and Vagabond.
Aug 4th, 2023, 8:38 pm

I was in the beginning and shall be forever. The first and the last. The world come full circle. I am time, the destroyer. I was the wind and the stars before this. Before planets. Before heaven and hell. And when all is done, I will be wind again, to blow this world as dust back into endless space.
Aug 8th, 2023, 2:22 pm
Its a shame what happened with Berserk, anyone plans on giving it an ending???
Aug 8th, 2023, 2:22 pm
Aug 11th, 2023, 7:50 am
Berserk is still going, with Kentaro Miura's friend Kouji Mori in charge and art by Miura's assistants. Mori is also a mangaka and Miura told him how the story went years ago. It is a really good follow-up.
Aug 11th, 2023, 7:50 am

I was in the beginning and shall be forever. The first and the last. The world come full circle. I am time, the destroyer. I was the wind and the stars before this. Before planets. Before heaven and hell. And when all is done, I will be wind again, to blow this world as dust back into endless space.
Aug 11th, 2023, 1:21 pm
miguel1984 wrote:Berserk is still going, with Kentaro Miura`s friend Kouji Mori in charge and art by Miura`s assistants. Mori is also a mangaka and Miura told him how the story went years ago. It is a really good follow-up.
Wow thanks for the info. Glad they are carrying on with. I guess I`ll go check it out. I felt so depressed after I heard he passed away. Such a great author.
Aug 11th, 2023, 1:21 pm
Aug 12th, 2023, 11:22 pm
urumi wrote:
miguel1984 wrote:Berserk is still going, with Kentaro Miura`s friend Kouji Mori in charge and art by Miura`s assistants. Mori is also a mangaka and Miura told him how the story went years ago. It is a really good follow-up.
Wow thanks for the info. Glad they are carrying on with. I guess I`ll go check it out. I felt so depressed after I heard he passed away. Such a great author.

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it.
Aug 12th, 2023, 11:22 pm

Feb 25th, 2024, 2:17 pm
Blood on the Tracks by Shuzo Oshimi has a phenomenal story and brilliant scratchy artwork.
Feb 25th, 2024, 2:17 pm