Apr 11th, 2015, 7:01 am
I've read many stories of writers struggling to find inspiration in their daily lives worth writing about. I've also read so many different methods of getting over writer's block that, frankly, gives me a headache trying to keep straight. So I've decided to share some insights into my own process and methods to let people know that, guess what? Every writer is different and putting them in one box is like owning an encyclopedia...only an encyclopedia.

Inspiration is everywhere. Every moment of time, every second, is filled with inspiration. Perception and how a writer sees the world around them different for everyone. That is why one person can love the color blue, and another prefer red.

Every writer wants to make something of themselves. To write that one piece that millions will love. To be the next T.S. Elliot or Steven King. But writing doesn't work that way. Writing takes practice, writing takes love. If you cannot learn to love the small, simple, everyday things you write, how can you expect to write something big and profound. Ever heard the phrase "stop and smell the roses?" Life is not the big massive events that come and go in the blink of an eye. Life is measured in the little things. What makes you happy? What makes you smile, or frown?

Focus on what you are doing right now. I'm typing on my keyboard. The keys are hard plastic. I've been typing for a while now, so they are warm. They make hard click clacking sounds when I press them, the space bar sounds different. The light from my monitor Illuminates the keyboard in front of me, casting shadows in the spaces. All these things are observations. These are not feelings, they are objective, not subjective. Now add the emotions into it. It's warm in my home so I am sweating as I type, the heat from the keyboard makes me want to keep moving, keep typing. The sound of the keys remind me of a percussion band I saw in college, I find the sounds soothing and relaxing, and viscerally exciting. I could go on for paragraphs. Writing is about finding something that makes you feel, and putting that feeling into words to make others feel it.

Once again, these are only my feelings. They may not be true for everyone, but every writer is different. So I am going to try to post one haiku a day. I'm not going to spend a month editing it or nit-picking it. In fact, it will be a surprise if it takes me longer than 10min to write it. I've chosen the haiku form due it's constraints. Three lines with a strict syllabic count. I find this forces me to look at how I think and write differently. You can say the exact same thing a million different ways, and each one can convey something different. Please feel free to critique or discuss my poetry or process, but please, be respectful and don't try to claim them for your own. They may not be Nobel candidates, but in a way, they are my mind and soul.

Black blood flows unseen
volcanic pressure building,
bringing pen to rage.
Apr 11th, 2015, 7:01 am

"If you meet Buddha, kill him. If you meet your father, kill your father. Free of everything, bound by nothing. You live your life simply as it is" - Sanzo
Apr 12th, 2015, 5:31 am
Mind burns. Fingers itch.
Spine shivers with cruel need
to bring word to life.
Apr 12th, 2015, 5:31 am

"If you meet Buddha, kill him. If you meet your father, kill your father. Free of everything, bound by nothing. You live your life simply as it is" - Sanzo
Jan 4th, 2017, 8:31 pm
When I first buy cheese
I want it to last for years
Too late, its all gone.
Jan 4th, 2017, 8:31 pm