Aug 22nd, 2013, 2:03 pm
How do you guys get over writer's block?
How do you find inspiration to write when feeling particularly run down?

Who are your favourite poets? :)
Aug 22nd, 2013, 2:03 pm

Please click thanks if you like the release :)
Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Sep 30th, 2013, 9:38 pm
Hi! If you suffer from writer's block, I would suggest that you empty your mind by practicing yoga or meditating. I usually go for a walk in the wilderness or to the beach and I can assure you that helps a lot.

When I can't find inspiration, I listen to my favourite pieces of classical music (normally Mozart or Bach) and let my mind wander away and find my muse wherever she might be. Perhaps if you have some authors/texts that inspired you, you may want to read them and let them inspire you again.

To answer your third question of my favourite poets, I have several of them in different languages:
- In English: Keats, Byron, Milton, Thoreau...
- In French: Baudelaire, Verlaine, Rimbaud, Mallarmé, Aragon...
- In Spanish: Francisco de Quevedo, Luis de Góngora, Antonio Machado, Gustavo A. Bécquer, José de Espronceda, Alberti, Miguel Hernández, Gabriel Celaya, Gerardo Diego...
Sep 30th, 2013, 9:38 pm

If you like the books, please press the "Thank you" button.

Lost many of my old files. Please PM in case of dead links on my most recent posts. Thank you.
Oct 1st, 2013, 2:02 pm
marielaure wrote:Hi! If you suffer from writer's block, I would suggest that you empty your mind by practicing yoga or meditating. I usually go for a walk in the wilderness or to the beach and I can assure you that helps a lot.

When I can't find inspiration, I listen to my favourite pieces of classical music (normally Mozart or Bach) and let my mind wander away and find my muse wherever she might be. Perhaps if you have some authors/texts that inspired you, you may want to read them and let them inspire you again.

To answer your third question of my favourite poets, I have several of them in differentes languages:
- In English: Keats, Byron, Milton, Thoreau...
- In French: Baudelaire, Verlaine, Rimbaud, Mallarmé, Aragon...
- In Spanish: Francisco de Quevedo, Luis de Góngora, Antonio Machado, Gustavo A. Bécquer, José de Espronceda, Alberti, Miguel Hernández, Gabriel Celaya, Gerardo Diego...

Excellent ideas, Marie!
I often read and re-read texts and poems that inspire me:). That always helps. Ulysses by James Joyce is one such work.
And fabulous choices:) I am a bit surrised you didn't mention Neruda;) :D
Oct 1st, 2013, 2:02 pm

Please click thanks if you like the release :)
Won't be able to re-up books until further notice. Make new requests, please. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Oct 1st, 2013, 2:27 pm
I'm glad you appreciate my suggestions. I do the same as you when I can't write. I didn't think of Neruda because I have read more books by Spanish than Latin American poets. As you can see in my French and English choices of authors, I prefer classics over contemporary authors, but I love Neruda, of course. Another Latin American writer I'm fond of is Mario Benedetti. Octavio Paz and Álvaro Mutis are two of other Spanish-speaking writers you could read.
Oct 1st, 2013, 2:27 pm
Mar 28th, 2015, 12:52 am
I've found that when I am stuck, clearing my mind is impossible. Instead I write even more. The difference is in organization. When you write with purpose you are burdened with grammar and sentence structure and "do I really want to use this word? or will this one make more of an impact?!" All of which can cause even the most experienced writer difficulties. I start writing whatever snippets come to mind. They rarely make sense. Most of the time they are simply overly dramatic one liners which lead nowhere, sometimes I strike gold. Make lists of your favorite words. Words you love the sound of but rarely use. The point is, in my opinion, to never stop writing. Your words do not need to have a purpose, just keep writing. Who knows, one of those one-liners may turn into the next best seller.
Mar 28th, 2015, 12:52 am

"If you meet Buddha, kill him. If you meet your father, kill your father. Free of everything, bound by nothing. You live your life simply as it is" - Sanzo
Sep 29th, 2017, 8:53 pm
When i'm blocked. I write. I write out all of the junk that pops into my head or flows from my head to my fingertips. Then I ignore it all for a week. I watch something mindless one day, read a book or do something else creative on another and so forth. It helps to clear my mind.

It may take a week, but I find that within a couple of days, my brain starts "popping in " little nuggets or ideas. After all of the mindless/mind numbing stuff, I feel more energized and a whole lot more inspired and creative.

Good Luck!
Sep 29th, 2017, 8:53 pm
Jan 10th, 2018, 11:06 pm
When i have writers block, I step away from whatever I'm writing and try to do something relaxing. When I come back to my writing, I tend to be less blocked. I sometimes will also work on other things to help loosen the writers block and cleanse the creative palette, and then come back to my project.
Jan 10th, 2018, 11:06 pm