App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
May 18th, 2015, 9:35 pm

App: XiiaLive Pro - Internet Radio v3.3.3.0
Developer: Visual Blasters LLC
Category: Music & Audio
Price: $3.99
IAP: N/A

XiiaLive™ is an extremely feature rich, Shoutcast powered internet radio player. Shoutcast is the online radio service from Nullsoft, the company best known for developing the original Winamp. XiiaLive plays almost every sound format you can think of, and is highly customizable.

It lets you add your own stations or explore the 50,000+ radio stations it comes with. I mostly had to do the first thing; add my own stations with .pls files, cause most of my favorites were not among those 50.000+. Saved as favorites you wont have to add them every time and this enables you to switch from station to station. You can also backup and restore your favorites and settings. It plays almost every sound format (and playlist) I have thrown at it, and that is quite remarkable. Sound quality (also thanks to its equalizer) and the stability of streams are great, no complaints there. The user interface has nice big buttons, is not cluttered at all and has 2 themes; a light and a dark one. After using it for several years now, almost on a daily basis, it has become my number one travel companion. It's as usable with car (and home) stereos as it is with headphones.

The only thing I'm really missing lately is support for Chromecast, but that might be added in the future.

Pros:
  • Doubles as a standalone music player.
  • Installation can be moved to the SD card.
  • Has a built-in equalizer, alarm, plus an adjustable sleep timer.
  • Includes attractive widgets and shortcuts for your favorite stations.
  • Controls trough AVRCP (bluetooth remote control) on your lockscreen and notification area.

Cons:
  • No AM/FM radio.
  • No Chromecast support (yet).

Image Image

Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: LG G3 / KitKat v4.4.4

Purchase at Google Play
Purchase at Amazon
Mobilism: XiiaLive Pro - Internet Radio v3.3.3.0 (Patched)

May 18th, 2015, 9:35 pm
Dec 7th, 2015, 10:44 am
Great app indeed, very nice interface and the audio quality is among the best I've seen. It's nice to have the info on the quality of the stream too. Agreed about Chromecast missing !
Dec 7th, 2015, 10:44 am
Dec 8th, 2015, 6:18 pm
runrun77 wrote:Great app indeed, very nice interface and the audio quality is among the best I've seen. It's nice to have the info on the quality of the stream too. Agreed about Chromecast missing !

After the sheer disappointment and disgust lately with TuneIn Radio Pro in the three "Premium regions", I have been using this app quite a bit more. It certainly is a slick delivery of audio streaming and also offers a nice dark interface, unlike TuneIn's blinding white theme that cannot be altered. The marketing model is quite clear with these developers and there are no annoying notifications begging you to pay extra to use the app without disturbances.
Dec 8th, 2015, 6:18 pm
Dec 16th, 2015, 2:54 pm
Getting much better Last couple of updates have improved the app. Nice sharing
Dec 16th, 2015, 2:54 pm