App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Mar 31st, 2013, 5:52 pm

Game: Alter Ego v1.6.4
Developer: Choose Multiple LLC
Category: Casual
Price: $4.99
IAP: N/A

I absolutely love Choose Your Own Adventure games, and I’ve been bugging people to upload this app so that I could test it out because €5 for an app seems a little steep. Alter Ego is one of those apps you want to throw your money to the developers to create something more and reward them for such a brilliant game.

There are 7 stages in Alter Ego, from birth until death. Optional paths include going to college, getting a part/full time job, marriage and children. I played it once through to get a feel of it, and I probably just predicted my own life in one play (I died shopping. Very me!). The replay ability is fantastic, as there are so many options to choose from, and you’re only allowed to choose 15-20 scenarios out of about 50. The beauty of this game, is that it offers high replay value. Even if you choose the same scenario in a few games, the outcome can be very different. A very entertaining game!

Pros:
  • High replay value.
  • Humorous adventures through the game.

Cons:
  • Not very organized.
  • High initial learning curve.

Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Coby Kyros MID9742 / Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.3

Purchase at Google Play
Mobilism: Alter Ego v1.6.4

Mar 31st, 2013, 5:52 pm

Want me to review an Android game?
Feel free to send me a message!
Mar 11th, 2016, 10:48 pm
I played this game 30 years ago on my 286 PC when I was 22. Fascinating was that I was unable to get a wife and stuck to short affairs. Guess what? This is exactly my life. It is unbelievable that a simulation is able to predict this.
Mar 11th, 2016, 10:48 pm
Mar 12th, 2016, 3:31 am
VincentVegas wrote:I played this game 30 years ago on my 286 PC when I was 22. Fascinating was that I was unable to get a wife and stuck to short affairs. Guess what? This is exactly my life. It is unbelievable that a simulation is able to predict this.

I didn't realize that Alter Ego was a dependable divinatory source of such high esoteric caliber. I will investigate the current version immediately to watch my fate unfold...even though I already know as I tell fate how it is. Regarding enduring relationships, you are probably better off with the good old 286 as they were at least reliable. I still have my trusty 386, though upgraded most of the internal parts long ago. Yet another perk.

Thank you for your interest in Android reviews, along with your most amusing statement that I will thus consider to be the best comment on Mobilism of 2016.
Mar 12th, 2016, 3:31 am