Apr 15th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Hi, if anybody can provide any help with the following books, it would be most appreciated

Book 1: Contempory MM Romance novel:
-The plot is in a rural setting.
-One of the MCs is a rancher I think, the other one comes after a long absence back to the area. (I am however hazy on these details)
-The guy that comes back installs solar panels on a bar at some point. And one of the older (Rancher?)ladies asks him to install solar panels for her too. (I am very sure on the solar panels part. The lady asking him for it too, I am less sure about!)
Unfortunately that is all I remember for this book.
They are in their late twenties to mid thirties, I think

Book 2: Contempory MM Romance novel:
I am very sorry to say, I barely remember anything for sure about this one except:
-One MC1 sees MC2 in a bar or a club for the first time.
The parts I am not so sure about:
-MC 1 thinks himself to be straight up to that point; Is either engaged or in a serious relationship or barely out of one; He is newly graduated I think, might be law, or something construction related and has father issues.
-MC 2 is unapologetically gay, and comfortable in his skin, and has a principle never to date closet cases.
They are both mid to late twenties, as much as I remember.
Edit: kyrants post made me realize. The two MC's don't know each other (yet!)

I know this is not much to go on but if you have any ideas that can help me with the search I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance
Lili
Apr 15th, 2020, 2:30 pm
Apr 17th, 2020, 10:18 am
There is a chance the second book might be: h j Perry - our secret wedding
Apr 17th, 2020, 10:18 am
Apr 17th, 2020, 12:10 pm
kyrant wrote:There is a chance the second book might be: h j Perry - our secret wedding

Unfortunately not. But you are amazing considering what (very little) I remember you still made an association! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And thanks to you I can add another specifier to the previous list.
Apr 17th, 2020, 12:10 pm
Apr 20th, 2020, 10:08 pm
The first book may be In the Market by Cate Ashwood, I don't remember if there were solar 0anels, though. And did the second book involve a rentboy? I hope you find them!
Apr 20th, 2020, 10:08 pm
Apr 21st, 2020, 8:07 pm
sunshinebb wrote:The first book may be In the Market by Cate Ashwood, I don't remember if there were solar 0anels, though. And did the second book involve a rentboy? I hope you find them!

Hi,
the one with the solar panels was a full length novel. I have been thinking about both books incessantly. I think I can add more details for both books, but I don't know how reliable my memory is. So take it with a grain of salt.
For the first book, one of the MC's is a rancher, the second one, the one that's coming back, has a trailer and was a contractor in some other other town. He started there small and has or had even his own home at the end but family financial issues have forced him back. I think he had to sell his home back there or something. and there is a chance that at the end the both get married they get married at their creek or something where they had their first kiss or something along those lines.

As for the second book, no the second MC is not a rent boy. As far as I can remember he is similar to Renae Kaye's Jay from loving Jay. A bit twinkish, and proud and out. But who is also tough as nails and no nonsense. He has a job or he is still about to graduate from college. I think he might be blond but I am not sure. The second MC, sees this guy at the club or bar or whatever, and can't get him out of his mind; but still believes himself to be straight at that moment.But like I said, I am not sure. You have no idea how insane this is driving me! 8) 8) 8)
Anyway thanks for all the help!
Apr 21st, 2020, 8:07 pm
Apr 21st, 2020, 11:25 pm
Mystery of book 2 is solved thanks to Zlotty from MM Group!!
It is Better Than Good by Lane Hayes! Thank you Zlotty!!!
Apr 21st, 2020, 11:25 pm
Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:14 pm
Well, the first novel things a bell, maybe because it reminds me of Keeping Promise Rock by Amy Lane.
Apr 22nd, 2020, 4:14 pm
Apr 22nd, 2020, 6:54 pm
sunshinebb wrote:Well, the first novel things a bell, maybe because it reminds me of Keeping Promise Rock by Amy Lane.

First I thought so too, but I don't remember solar panels in that one. The problem is I might be mixing details from several books. The one I want to find is the one with solar panels. I'll read Keeping Promise Rock again. If it is Promise Rock Halleluja!!!!!!!! If its not that book then at least I can say with certainty "not it " :D
And Thank you sunshinebb! (I forgot to say before! :D )
Apr 22nd, 2020, 6:54 pm
Apr 23rd, 2020, 8:38 pm
An update:
After re-reading Keeping Promise Rock I can now with certainty say this is not it. So please forget getting married at the creek part. These are the details that I remember for sure:
MC 1 leaves town in his late teens, becomes a contractor; gets himself a fixer upper and fixes it up; then family financial issues come up; he comes back to town, He put his home up for sale and lives in a trailer while he waits for it to be sold. And during this time he installs solar panels on the town-bar.
MC2 is a rancher I think. So there it is. I hope this triggers a memory with someone.
Thanks for trying!
Apr 23rd, 2020, 8:38 pm