Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Feb 4th, 2023, 10:47 pm
First, I love this place, it brings me more joy than anything else these days.

I'm old and my eyes are not the best. I have problems seeing the difference between the first and second post:

https://imgur.com/a/f5dgLUH

I have tried various extensions in Google Chrome and none of them seem to work.

My request is very simple - can someone make the "visited page" color a bit more different than the "unvisited page" - It is very, very difficult for old eyes to see the difference.

Slava Ukraini - Stay safe.
Feb 4th, 2023, 10:47 pm
Feb 5th, 2023, 12:59 am
Could you please show me a site that uses a visited and non-visited URL color scheme that is easy for you to differentiate between? We can't make the colors completely different, but we could try making the difference less subtle.
Feb 5th, 2023, 12:59 am
Feb 5th, 2023, 7:07 am
this is a known issue with Mobi v2.0 the viewed posts are just a shade or two lighter than unviewed posts, can make you cross eyed that's for sure... I think most of the OG members still use Mobi v1.0 so you might want to flip to that one and see if it's any better... (I know it's possible just don't ask me how, I did it once and it freaked me out and I couldn't change back fast enough lol)...
Feb 5th, 2023, 7:07 am
Feb 5th, 2023, 7:20 am
Stretton wrote:this is a known issue with Mobi v2.0 the viewed posts are just a shade or two lighter than unviewed posts, can make you cross eyed that's for sure... I think most of the OG members still use Mobi v1.0 so you might want to flip to that one and see if it's any better... (I know it's possible just don't ask me how, I did it once and it freaked me out and I couldn't change back fast enough lol)...

The option to do it is here: ucp.php?i=165

Go to "My board style" and select "Classic". Then press submit at the bottom.
Feb 5th, 2023, 7:20 am
Feb 5th, 2023, 11:46 am
"Classic" work but it is odd after getting used to the newer version.
I was hoping that making the difference in color "less subtle" was possible and maybe a minor thing.

As a side note, I use a Chrome extension called "Color Links" that has zero effect on Mobi 2.0. I have also tried other extensions, but none of them work.

Thanks for your help.
Feb 5th, 2023, 11:46 am
Feb 5th, 2023, 2:18 pm
Try dimming / fading the page ie make it less bright
Feb 5th, 2023, 2:18 pm
Feb 5th, 2023, 4:40 pm
Thanks Disk4mat I'll will give it another shot... see how it goes... :) Would they have to do a new release of Mobi like 2.1 to make a change like that?
Feb 5th, 2023, 4:40 pm
Feb 5th, 2023, 10:33 pm
Stretton wrote:Thanks Disk4mat I'll will give it another shot... see how it goes... :) Would they have to do a new release of Mobi like 2.1 to make a change like that?

No, this would be a very minor change that wouldn't require re-releasing the skin.
Feb 5th, 2023, 10:33 pm
Feb 18th, 2023, 9:52 pm
OK. So it seems that what I'm asking might be a bit difficult. I decided to try all the Chrome extensions \ add-ons I could find and I finally found one that sort of works.

I got Stylebot as an add-on to Chrome and it turns out that if you are, say on the SciFi section and you click on the Stylebot icon, and then click on "Open Stylebot", you'll get a side screen where you can make some changes. The idea is that you click on a link and you will be able to change the color.

So I did just that, I clicked on a "visited link" and changed the color to bright red - but the "unvisited link" turned bright red while the "visited link" remained that pale blue it has always been - not exactly what I was looking for, but I'll take it.

It's possible that I have conflicts because I have tried lots of these add-ons. I will experiment at some later date but right now I'm very happy to be able to tell the difference, so I won't be messing with it.

I'll update if I can get everything working exactly right.

I hope someone finds this useful.
Feb 18th, 2023, 9:52 pm