Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 28th, 2021, 11:02 am
The Audiobook section is a victim of its own success, there are now so many books it is getting hard to get through a day's offerings! Would it be possible to split it into fiction and non?
Jun 28th, 2021, 11:02 am
Jun 28th, 2021, 3:20 pm
PollyOz wrote:The Audiobook section is a victim of its own success, there are now so many books it is getting hard to get through a day's offerings! Would it be possible to split it into fiction and non?

Not possible at the moment, but you can still browse audiobooks separately if you follow these easy steps:

1. Open the Advanced search: https://images.mobilism.org/?dm=V2K9

2. To search only Non-fiction:

3. To search only Fiction:

Jun 28th, 2021, 3:20 pm
Jun 29th, 2021, 10:30 pm
That would work except I already use "a the and of is", "search for any term" to expand the preview of the books since I don't always recognise the titles and it saves me having to open things to see what they are. Oh well, one day :)
Jun 29th, 2021, 10:30 pm
Aug 28th, 2021, 5:18 am
Firstly, splitting Audiobooks is something which I have been wishing for, for a long time! Bring it on!
I'm not sure what the obstacles are, changes are always challenging, but getting to the other side is rewarding. In the beginning there may have to be 3 categories, "Fiction", "Non-Fiction", and "Unclassified" (which would include all of the back-catalogue). A bit messy to begin with, but no worse than what we have now, and ultimately leading to a better state for all.
In fact I would go even further, and have the same (or similar) classifications for audiobooks as already exist for ebooks. In the long run this is inevitable, so why not do it all in one "big bang"? (Easier than 2 or more stages).

Secondly, for the time being, PollyOz and others CAN have it all! To combine the non fiction search with Polly's "catch-all" search (a the and of is), enter the following expression:
non fiction (a|the|and|of|is|to)
Note that the last option in Advanced Search is "Return first: ***** characters of posts", which has a default of 300, but can be set anywhere between 0 and 1000, as well as "All available" which would result in the complete posts being displayed.
Experiment to see what suits you best, you may find that the second part of the search (a|the|and|of|is|to) becomes unnecessary.

Hope this helps, and I look forward to some sort of "bang" (hopefully BIG!) :idea: :thumbup:
Aug 28th, 2021, 5:18 am