Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jan 10th, 2023, 11:02 am
Hi, I want to request a ebook series from an author that have turn their story into a novellas with short episodes. For example, they have only 6 episodes published. Is this consider a series request that I can request up to 5 episodes in one ebook request post as long as I have enough WRZ$? Also, is each episode consider as one book even if they are short episodes so I will need to pay them 10 WRZ$ for each episode? I hope you can answer my questions. Thanks.
Jan 10th, 2023, 11:02 am
Jan 10th, 2023, 12:53 pm
monkey58123 wrote:Hi, I want to request a ebook series from an author that have turn their story into a novellas with short episodes. For example, they have only 6 episodes published. Is this consider a series request that I can request up to 5 episodes in one ebook request post as long as I have enough WRZ$? Also, is each episode consider as one book even if they are short episodes so I will need to pay them 10 WRZ$ for each episode? I hope you can answer my questions. Thanks.

Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. But if you PM me with details of the author and series etc, I can take a look for you and let you know how to proceed. It's hard to answer without knowing more specific detail.
Jan 10th, 2023, 12:53 pm

Feb 4th, 2023, 3:37 am
I understand, if I may? The poster is asking if it is okay to ask for a six-part series in one post AS a six-part series, i.e. "THISISTHESERIES" Books 01-06 by Author McAuthorname since it is complete or do they have be to ask for "books 01-05" in one post and "Book 06" separately which is a royal PITA and takes extra time and energy just because of some arbitrary forum rule?
Secondly, will the poster have to pay %0%10?
Feb 4th, 2023, 3:37 am
Feb 4th, 2023, 9:04 am
AquilaLorelei wrote:I understand, if I may? The poster is asking if it is okay to ask for a six-part series in one post AS a six-part series, i.e. "THISISTHESERIES" Books 01-06 by Author McAuthorname since it is complete or do they have be to ask for "books 01-05" in one post and "Book 06" separately which is a royal PITA and takes extra time and energy just because of some arbitrary forum rule?
Secondly, will the poster have to pay %0%10?

Hi,

This issue has already been solved with the user. It was in reference to web released chapter-like novellas that eventually make up one book and so it was treated as such.

It did not refer to full individual book series, where the maximum of 5 titles per request is still the Rule. If books are requested as a boxed set rather than as individual titles, then it is treated as one book.

The 5 book rule is not "some arbitrary forum rule". It is the result of consultation among those moderating the forum and a way of keeping the Request section ordered and preventing threads from getting too long. If you have different people providing a link for each individual book, then the threads become unwieldy and require users to sift through a couple of pages to get all of the links. And moderator time sending out multiple notifications every time a new book is uploaded.

It was deemed that 5 was a reasonable number and it also is easy to remember as it is consistent across the entire site - e.g. no more than 5 re-posts of old Releases at a time, no more than 5 bumps of posts by inactive posters at a time, no more than 5 Requests at a time etc.

I don't see that your suggestion of 6 working as another user will just come along and say "I want a 7 book series - why is it only 6?" I've seen people trying to Request 25 book series in one post. Where to draw the line? It was drawn at 5.
Feb 4th, 2023, 9:04 am

Feb 4th, 2023, 3:00 pm
My apologies. Understood. That came out wrong. By "arbitrary," I didn't mean "flighty" or "without thought". That was entirely the wrong sentiment. Forget I said anything, I trust the moderators to make the best decisions, of course! :lol:
No hard feelings, I presume?
I love this place and have NOTHING but the utmost respect for the truly hardworking people who run it!
I would like to think that's come across in the time I've spent among the community...?
Affectionately.
Cheers!
Feb 4th, 2023, 3:00 pm